We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by PreemptiveRegret View Post
    Is that Guard DPSing? It truly is a brave new world.

Blue looks functional rather than good. It's viable, but all that repetitive prebuffing like this video shows...no thanks.
    Yeah. They were not confident a warden could pull it off, so the other tanks were in the raid to do it “normally”.
    But they wanted to see if it was good or not.

I still need to properly test in raid t2+ or 6 man t3+ but so far survivability is substantially better. I did some 3 man t3 runs and aggro seems to be ok with champ dps. Yeah they would pull aggro sometimes if I don't spam challenge and focus on aggro first few secs of fight but most of the time boss fights were easy. Also tried some 6 man t2 and tbh tanking is good on warden there.

My perspective is from a raiding warden back in the lvl 75 through 105 times, so obviously I got experience tanking on the class, but half the gear I got is lvl 130 or purple items or simply items with no slotted essences, etc. I would say the warden right now will be really powerful for small group instances or even some 6 man. Raid I guess not first choice at all but I suppose at least now 6 man and 3 man groups won't look at us and be like "we'll get a better class" and best wardens will have a chance to complete raids t1 and t2 on release if the heals scaling next level cap don't #### us up. For t3 groups I don't see wardens being taken at least not until it is already cleared multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Kander View Post
    I still need to properly test in raid t2+ [...]

For t3 groups I don't see wardens being taken at least not until it is already cleared multiple times.
    This sort of doom and gloom based on pure speculation seems pre-mature, and risks becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.
    Dagoreth (Warden) and Belechannas (Lore-master) of Arkenstone

< No Dorfs >
    Fighting the Dorf menace to Middle Earth since 2008

Quote Originally Posted by LagunaD2 View Post
    This sort of doom and gloom based on pure speculation seems pre-mature, and risks becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Yes, i started by saying I haven't tested properly yet. So it's all pure speculation. Just giving my impression.

from the PVMP perspective, warden has gotten weaker than it was before the update, unironically.

>marked/diminished target are now generally weaker and more difficult to apply.
    >no more stance dancing for additional bleeds or HoTs, since the same bleeds are on both ranged and melee stances
    >cashouts are weak and not worth it
    >primary DPS drivers are curable by common creep AOE and Self-cure skills, with no real alternatives or preventative measures.
    >no more seize the moment

this all on top the double jeopardy warden bleeds experience where they can be resisted on application and resisted on tick, meaning you need a fair amount of finesse.

all that on top of the fact that warden takes a very long time to ramp up to a very underwhelming peak dps in a world where defiler healing and WL aoe healing are very strong compared to that damage.

why take this slow clumsy class as a DPS when you can take something that ramps up to the same peak DPS nearly instantly and stays there like champ/burg/hunter/minstrel/rk? you know, the ideal damage profile to get AHEAD of the healing?

Every single warden that I've seen in either 1v1 or Group play since the update hit has been utterly destroyed and doesn't even come close to being competitive with literally anything else. Skill issue? perhaps. but its actually disgusting how weak it appears to be compared to every other class right now and how badly it performs against creeps in 1v1 and group play. It seems more helpless than reaver at its lowest point pre-Orion.

I can say with confidence that it is now far and away the worst class for PVMP right now, and its not even close.
    Last edited by Saruman_Of_Numbers; Mar 26 2023 at 01:33 AM.
    The Black Appendage of Sauron

Quote Originally Posted by Kander View Post
    I still need to properly test in raid t2+ or 6 man t3+ but so far survivability is substantially better. I did some 3 man t3 runs and aggro seems to be ok with champ dps. Yeah they would pull aggro sometimes if I don't spam challenge and focus on aggro first few secs of fight but most of the time boss fights were easy. Also tried some 6 man t2 and tbh tanking is good on warden there.

My perspective is from a raiding warden back in the lvl 75 through 105 times, so obviously I got experience tanking on the class, but half the gear I got is lvl 130 or purple items or simply items with no slotted essences, etc. I would say the warden right now will be really powerful for small group instances or even some 6 man. Raid I guess not first choice at all but I suppose at least now 6 man and 3 man groups won't look at us and be like "we'll get a better class" and best wardens will have a chance to complete raids t1 and t2 on release if the heals scaling next level cap don't #### us up. For t3 groups I don't see wardens being taken at least not until it is already cleared multiple times.
    Perhaps you should get yourself some gear from the new 6 mans/SV/delvings and go tank it and report back. It is very strong, easily on par with a brawler at single mob tanking, and close to a guard in multi-mob tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Eadondryt View Post
    Perhaps you should get yourself some gear from the new 6 mans/SV/delvings and go tank it and report back. It is very strong, easily on par with a brawler at single mob tanking, and close to a guard in multi-mob tanking.
    I'm doing that yeah, it's going slow, I just came back into game when BR started and had to level up, gear a bit, tank some easy content to get gear... I basically missed the first few months of this expansion so it's hard to find gearing up groups. I think I said clearly that I'm experienced in the past but that I didn't play much yet so what I said is my impressions and speculation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2