We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Thank you

Thank you

The Warden tanking changes are much appreciated.

I rolled a warden about 10 years ago and it was a good tank...
    ...then changes happened, broke tanking, and the fun ended for a long time.

Now after this update (35) it is so much better!
    Builders are not laggy. The survivability and aggro are good.

It's fun to tank again!

Thanks!

Agreed, the new Warden feels much more like the level 60-75 cap Warden experience, only with much better DPS. So far, all of the changes are either amazing or have really grown on me.

A few days after posting this I realized that aggro seems to be inconsistent. Sometimes good, sometimes not.
    Also sometimes Warning Shot does not work, or it only works for 1 second and aggro jumps back.

I was really apprehensive about the changes; it seemed like yellow was losing everything that made it fun. While I do miss Seize the Moment, overall I'm loving the new Warden too.

Quote Originally Posted by JLotro View Post
    A few days after posting this I realized that aggro seems to be inconsistent. Sometimes good, sometimes not.
    Also sometimes Warning Shot does not work, or it only works for 1 second and aggro jumps back.
    Aggro-wipe mechanics are a thing.
    Dagoreth (Warden) and Belechannas (Lore-master) of Arkenstone

< No Dorfs >
    Fighting the Dorf menace to Middle Earth since 2008

Loving the changes, it’s sort of like the warden of old but better in my opinion. I’m still getting used to the changes and new dynamic; I’m currently playing around with builds.

So far I have managed to solo:
    3 man T2 – The Poison Gardens
    3 man T2 – The Vile Apothecary – final fight is about 15 mins long. I believe this could be soloed at T3 with care, see how it goes.

On a solo 6 man Lair of vermin run I was able to get to the final boss, however I gave up after who knows how long. I should have teamed up with a hunter maybe.

Thanks heaps Team SSD

Quote Originally Posted by LagunaD2 View Post
    Aggro-wipe mechanics are a thing.
    I do not think it is that. Why do you?
    Are you aware of some new mechanic that any mob can do random aggro wipe?

8. Apr 03 2023, 12:13 AM

Quote Originally Posted by JLotro View Post
    I do not think it is that. Why do you?
    Are you aware of some new mechanic that any mob can do random aggro wipe?
    Not "any mob".

Trolls and other mobs that do knockback often have an aggro wipe associated with it, and there are lots of such mobs in both the new CD instances and the HH raid.

There are also mobs with attacks that momentarily target someone else, even though you are still the top threat target.

Finally, you sometimes encounter players who don't know their abilities, and use force taunts without realizing it.

Of cource, it's conceivable that Warning Shot has become bugged, but I haven't noticed any problem.
    Dagoreth (Warden) and Belechannas (Lore-master) of Arkenstone

< No Dorfs >
    Fighting the Dorf menace to Middle Earth since 2008

Quote Originally Posted by LagunaD2 View Post
    Not "any mob".

Trolls and other mobs that do knockback often have an aggro wipe associated with it, and there are lots of such mobs in both the new CD instances and the HH raid.

There are also mobs with attacks that momentarily target someone else, even though you are still the top threat target.

Finally, you sometimes encounter players who don't know their abilities, and use force taunts without realizing it.

Of cource, it's conceivable that Warning Shot has become bugged, but I haven't noticed any problem.
    Uterly BS.
    Agro reset is not common thing. Naru have it, done. Not a single mob or boss in HH have it.
    After update wrd is on better spot / speaking of survival, but agro is a$$. Even more a$$ in aoe fights.
    Is not hard to build and keep but its a new clunly rotation.
    Aslo gambit default not always wipe last part of the masteries if they are used in builder.
    And many other flaws i dont care to talk about

Quote Originally Posted by PIZDQK View Post
    After update wrd is on better spot / speaking of survival, but agro is a$$. Even more a$$ in aoe fights.
    :')
    "Not all those who wander are lost....some are so stubborn that they always think they're going in the right direction."

"The 4th age is the store age" - Hetweith

There is aggro suspension when your tank gets stunned but wipes usually only for drama breaks. I lol at tanks rushing to "re" get aggro (and wasting CDs) when the mobs are already on their way back, just chill and save the healers a round of heals... mobs on the move often aren't doing any damage.