We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bullroarer Update 35.1 - Beta #3 - CLOSED

Bullroarer is CLOSED

Server Opening Time: Thursday, 04/13 ~7:30 PM ET
    Server Closing Time: Saturday, 04/15 ~Noon ET (subject to change)

• Report A Bug
    • Guide to the Eyes and Guard Tavern
    • Character Copy is AVAILABLE. This can be accessed through the 'Transfer' button on any LOTRO Launcher.
    • NOTE: The player database was wiped for Beta #1 on 03/29.
    • If you have not purchased 'Return to Carn Dûm' on your live account you can purchase Preview Access through the Bullroarer LOTRO Store.
      • LOTRO Points for only Bullroarer may be obtained from Aubergine, near the fireplace in the Eyes and Guard Tavern.

Update 35.1 - Gwathrenost, the Witch-king's Citadel!
    Welcome to Update 35.1, and Gwathrenost, the Witch-king's Citadel, on the Bullroarer Public Preview server! This is a new Raid for Level 140 Players set in a re-imagined Carn Dûm.

"Once the seat of the Witch-king of Angmar, the dread citadel of Gwathrenost casts a long shadow upon the city of Carn Dûm. All but abandoned after the Steward of Angmar was deposed, the remnants of the Iron Crown have crept forth from the shadows, seeking to master a lost artifact of the Witch-king and reclaim dominion over the realm."

Angmar Reborn: Carn
    Dûm
    • Raid:
      • Gwathrenost, the Witch-king's Citadel - (Available to tier 3)
      • Please post feedback here: Gwathrenost, the Witch-king's Citadel
      • Known Issue: The second boss Castellan Obáshurz and end boss Shard of Tauressar mechanics are not active yet, coming soon!

Players who wish to aid in the fight against the Iron Crown should travel to Bail Avarc in Angmar. Bail Avarc can be reached via the stable-masters at Esteldín, Gath Forthnír, and Rivendell. Bail Avarc can initially only be accessed via stable-master routes. Travel skills are also available for barter from the Stewards of the Iron-home.

LOTRO is celebrating the uniqueness of every player!

Our latest update celebrates individuality with additional character customization options for the Race of Men (humans) that let players express themselves in new ways. We want to make as many players feel represented in the game as possible, and we are introducing new character creation options for your face, hair, and body! We know there is more work to do to offer a wider variety of character creation options, and we will be following up this release with additional options in the future.

Here are some things to know:
    • Your existing characters remain mostly unchanged, although we have updated some textures to improve their look.
    • There are now more shared options between genders, including hair and beard styles where applicable.
    • The body proportion range has been increased.
    • These new options are also available at the Barber for access to existing characters.

BULLROARER KNOWN ISSUES:
    • The Race of Men are not displaying old avatars with "Avatar Update Visible" de-selected. This check box will be removed for the Race of Men with the release of Update 35.1.
    • Race of Men female Rune-keeper combat animations are not working.
    • Race of Men and Beorning female characters combat animations are not working properly.

Release Notes - Beta #3: New release notes are in violet.

Brawler:
    • Brawlers now can barter for jewellery at the Dol Amroth Big Battle vendors, in addition to the Minas Tirith vendors.
    • Fixed an issue where some Brawler jewellery was restricted to the Beorning class, instead of Brawlers.

Captain
    • Healing from the Standard of Honour is now correctly improved by the 'Relentless Optimism' trait.
    • Courageous Convocation no longer prevents Words of Courage from turning into Courageous Heart while Stand Alone is active.
    • Stacks of At the Fore no longer suggest that they affect your Outgoing Healing.
    • Blade-brother and Stand Alone now state that they will prevent the other from being used while active.

Minstrel
    • The blue-line trait 'Improved Chord of Salvation' now makes Chord of Salvation an Immediate skill, in addition to adding the fellowship-wide heal.
    • Toggled Melody/Echoes of Battle skill cooldowns reduced to 2s.
    • The Call to Greatness tooltip once again refers to the correct Captain skills.

Warden
    • The Gambit healing bonus from specializing in Determination now correctly affects healing from Conviction.
    • The 'Fist Gambit Damage & Critical Chance' tracery now correctly improves the DoT from Resounding Challenge.
    • The trait 'No Respite for the Wicked' no longer refers to the Offensive Strike Gambit line.
    • The max range and AoE size of Deflection was reversed for its melee and ranged variants. The melee version is now correctly centered on yourself, while the ranged version has a smaller AoE centered on your target.
    • The description of the trait 'On the Offence' has been corrected, and no longer suggests that Offensive Strike has a morale-tap.
    • Desperate Combat now activates Desperate Spear/Shield/Fist for 90 seconds, rather than 30, so you can spend charges until all of them are consumed or the skill's cooldown has expired.
    • The blue-line trait 'Never Surrender' now displays the correct cooldown reduction.
    • Damage increased slightly for direct-damage gambits (The Boot - Wall of Steel & Offensive Strike - Boar's Rush).
    • Several class traceries were giving the incorrect secondary stat on legendary quality versions. These now give the appropriate secondary stats, matching their lower-quality counterparts.

Pets:
    • Bear and Herald Taunts no longer apply threat catchup.
    • We've been having some issues with pets breaking instance encounters if they are able to hold agro on bosses, so until we have a more comprehensive fix ready we're reducing them to force-taunt only.

Delvings:
    • Completing tier 11 or tier 12 Delving quests in Cardolan missions will now advance some tier 11 and tier 12 specific deeds.
    • The tooltip for the Delving Malice "Lingering Fear" has been corrected to reflect that it affects both outgoing and incoming healing.

Monster Play:
    • Fixed an issue where the skill to Return to Glán Vraig will now correctly execute and advance the tutorial quest.
    • Updated the responses in the Ettenmoors to extend the bonus granted by controlling the mine to all territories in the Ettenmoors.
    • There were a handful of quests that were blocked behind completing the old version of the monster player tutorial. These are now available to monster players who have played the new or old versions of the monster play tutorials.
    • A grammatical issue in the new free people tutorial in the Ettenmoors was fixed.
    • Defeating Tyrant Burzgoth now properly advances the Weekly objective in the Ettenmoors weekly quest.
    • The second tier of the weekly Free People Ettenmoors quest now requires 21 Ettenmoors general quests to complete - this is technically the same number as before, as the previous version of the weekly counts toward the completion of the second weekly quest.
    • Audacity now correctly multiplies damage by 0.55, reducing incoming damage by 45%, rather than by 55%.

Quests & Instances:
    • Return to Carn Dûm - Repeatable quests for Sant Lhoer, Thaurisgar, and Sagroth now properly require Level 140 to be accepted.
    • Return to Carn Dûm - Various quests at Bail Avarc now provide an option to open the Instance Join panel directly to the related Instance or Raid. NOTE: These quests have been versioned and will be removed from your quest log, so you will need to accept them again at Bail Avarc.
    • Sagroth, Lair of Vermin - Cleansing devices are now usable earlier into Rádarríg's fight.
    • Quest 'Into Sant Lhoer, The Poison Gardens' has be updated so that if a player missing talking with Dolag outside of the greenhouse and kills the boss first the quest can still be completed.
    • Fixed a bug in quest 'Into Sant Lhoer, the Poison Gardens' where only one member of a Fellowship was able to advance the quest at certain locations.
    • Sagroth, Lair of Vermin - Players may return to the quest hub in Carn Dûm by leaving through the instance's entrance.
    • The Heavy and Superior Heavy Iron Mace of Sagroth, Lair of Vermin, with might as a granted stat, should no longer drop from the instance chests for Burglars and Hunters.
    • The Balanced and Superior Balanced War Hammer of Sagroth, Lair of Vermin, with agility as a granted stat, should no longer drop from the instance chests for Champions.
    • The final boss in Thaurisgar, the Vile Apothecary on T4 now drops correct chest.
    • Sant Lhoer - Venom-twisted Reavers in the Oganuin encounter are no longer eligible to become Scions.
    • Thaurisgar - Bile Tanks are no longer eligible to become Scions.
    • Quest 'Into Sant Lhoer, The Poison Gardens' has been adjusted so that it shows up in the Angmar Reborn category in the Quest Log.
    • Repeatable quests for Sant Lhoer have had their quest items adjusted so that they don't show up as highlighted on the landscape map.
    • Fixed a bug in the Poison Gardens where the boss and other monsters sometimes spawned in at level 1.

General:
    • The Delver's Vivid Essence Box will correctly display as Item Level 481.
    • Both the "Carn Dûm Drum of Deep Doom" and "Carn Dûm Drum of Aged Secrets", including all rarity levels, have had their Ballad and Coda damage increased to 30%.
    • All Class items from the Return to Carn Dûm instance cluster are now Bind to Account.
    • All Class items from the Return to Carn Dûm instance cluster now have max levels of 144.
    • "Finely-strung Lute of the Veteran Minstrel" now has a max level of 115.
    • Carn Dûm Travel Skills have been moved to their own Return to Carn Dûm barter profile without any prerequisites.
    • Adjusted physics in portions of Sagroth.
    • Fixed Zfighting in Under the Drearspire.
    • Removed portal FX from Bail Avarc.
    • Grounded floating deco in Bail Avarc.
    • Shadows on water now only affects the water debris layer (algae, seafoam, etc) and not the water itself.
    • Ocean water in Belfalas and Pelargir now correctly retains is green color in the dawnless day.
    • We've backed out the monster mitigation changes, as they were exacerbating the differences between DPS classes' armor penetration too much at higher levels.
    • The heath adjustment is changing from [+25% -> +15%] so it's less impactful on high end instance difficulty as well.
    • The following shields have their armour value updated to correctly reflect Incomparable rarity:
      - Superior Broad Targe of Sagroth, Lair of Vermin
      - Superior Stout Targe of Sagroth, Lair of Vermin
      - Superior Reinforced Aegis of Sagroth, Lair of Vermin
      - Superior Bright Aegis of Sagroth, Lair of Vermin
      - Superior Reinforced Targe of Sagroth, Lair of Vermin
      - Superior Restorative Shield of Sagroth, Lair of Vermin
      - Superior Resilient Shield of Sagroth, Lair of Vermin
    • Newly acquired Wayfarer Shields from Traveller's lootboxes will now have the appropriate amount of stat bonuses, which increases the stats at levels 10-40.
    • Adventurer's and Traveller's Steel-bound lootboxes contain new "Alchemist's" cosmetic items including avatar cosmetics, housing items, a steed and matching war-steed appearances.
    • These items are also available on Myrtle Mint for Figments of Splendour. Adventurer's and Traveller's Steel-bound lootboxes also now contain a Rust Corgi cosmetic pet.
    • Adventurer's Steel-bound lootboxes now have a chance to drop Delving Adventurer's Vivid Essence Boxes.
    • Newly acquired Adventurer's lootbox gear, for level 140 characters, will now scale to item level 478 - 480.
    • Some older avatar cosmetics and steeds have been moved off of Myrtle Mint and onto the Curator.
    Last edited by LordOfTheSquids; Apr 19 2023 at 11:20 AM.

when will the crafting start to be worked on?

Quote Originally Posted by ZepherZaner View Post
    Would like to ask the same question. For me, this is by far the most important and most eagerly awaited change in LotRO this year.

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post
    Audacity now correctly multiplies damage by 0.55, reducing incoming damage by 45%, rather than by 55%.
    Finally! Thanks! Do you plan to fix bug with low-mastery-bigger-healing on creep side? Was waiting this two fixes from start update 35.

Quote Originally Posted by ZepherZaner View Post
    It has been being worked on, but we don't yet have a timetable to announce further.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    It has been being worked on, but we don't yet have a timetable to announce further.
    The crafting changes are quite literally the thing I am most interested in that was announced as getting changed this year. I'm really hoping that yall take the time to make crafting more fun and truly meaningful to the game over all. While being able to change my individual trade skills for my characters is a great new change, if that was all that comes out of this year's crafting changes, I would be sadly disappointed.

I've been leveling crafting on all my characters as I level them up as adventurers, and I have yet to see a true benefit to doing any of them. While the buffs you get from scholar and cooks are ok, they aren't needed at all while leveling up new characters. Same thing with the armor, weapons, tailoring, and wood working. None of it is needed or that beneficial to a character leveling up. They just slightly improve things, but you don't need any of them. It almost feels like the crafting from level 1 to just-below-max rank is unnecessary. I am told that certain crafts are beneficial at end game, but I see no need for crafting before end game. And, this is coming from someone who LOVES crafting in MMORPGs. I don't have a huge issue with how you craft in Lotro. I just don't see any real benefit to the things you make from crafting in Lotro... until you hit end game.

There needs to be a reason to want to do it other than just to fulfill completionist checkboxes (trust me... I know the pains of being a completionist lol).

Please take your time and make crafting great.

Thank you,
    Pharone the Gnome.
    Pharone the Gnome
    Come watch me stream Lord of The Rings Online every night at https://twitch.tv/pharone
    Follow me on Twitter at @PharoneTheGnome
    Join my Discord server here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharone View Post
    The crafting changes are quite literally the thing I am most interested in that was announced as getting changed this year. I'm really hoping that yall take the time to make crafting more fun and truly meaningful to the game over all. While being able to change my individual trade skills for my characters is a great new change, if that was all that comes out of this year's crafting changes, I would be sadly disappointed.

While the buffs you get from scholar and cooks are ok, they aren't needed at all while leveling up new characters. Same thing with the armor, weapons, tailoring, and wood working. None of it is needed or that beneficial to a character leveling up. They just slightly improve things, but you don't need any of them. It almost feels like the crafting from level 1 to just-below-max rank is unnecessary. I am told that certain crafts are beneficial at end game, but I see no need for crafting before end game. And, this is coming from someone who LOVES crafting in MMORPGs. I don't have a huge issue with how you craft in Lotro. I just don't see any real benefit to the things you make from crafting in Lotro... until you hit end game.

There needs to be a reason to want to do it other than just to fulfill completionist checkboxes (trust me... I know the pains of being a completionist lol).
    I second all of this.
    I have one character dedicated to each vocation then the rest are just explorers.
    My completionist side makes me want to craft while I know that there is no real benefit to doing so until endgame.
    I'll craft weapons every -8th level until I get my LIs and level 10 and 28 gear and that's about it.

I have made it to Moria naked before so I know that crafting early serves no purpose, I just like to kill faster.

Unfortunately due to a last-minute issue while working to open this preview we encountered an issue that is preventing us from opening Bullroarer. We are currently sorting through the next steps and will provide more information in the near future. For now, this thread is being temporarily paused but will reopen when the preview is ready.
    coolcool

Bullroarer is now open!

NOTE: We will not be permitting discussion of the wider cultural war or politics as it relates to the avatar update. Any player to engages in such discussion can expect to be removed from the forums.
    coolcool

Our latest update celebrates individuality with additional character customization options for the Race of Men (humans) that let players express themselves in new ways. We want to make as many players feel represented in the game as possible, and we are introducing new character creation options for your face, hair, and body! We know there is more work to do to offer a wider variety of character creation options, and we will be following up this release with additional options in the future.
    • Your existing characters remain mostly unchanged, although we have updated some textures to improve their look.
    • There are now more shared options between genders, including hair and beard styles where applicable.
    • These new options are also available at the Barber for access to existing characters.

OOOH! This is exciting! Can't wait to see what the new options are.
    Arda Shrugged : Elendilmir (RIP) -> Arkenstone -> Anor (RIP) -> Landroval -> Treebeard

Bullroarer is OPEN

Pets:
    • Bear and Herald Taunts no longer apply threat catchup.
    • We've been having some issues with pets breaking instance encounters if they are able to hold agro on bosses, so until we have a more comprehensive fix ready we're reducing them to force-taunt only.[/COLOR]
    I understand this is intended to help fix bugs, but I can't help but see this as yet another nerf of pet classes.
    Immigrant from the City of Paragon. We are heroes. This is what we do.

Founding member of Mornost Gwend of Gladden. "We shout a lot!"

LOTRO is celebrating the uniqueness of every player![/COLOR]

BULLROARER KNOWN ISSUES:
    • The Race of Men are not displaying old avatars with "Avatar Update Visible" de-selected. This check box will be removed for the Race of Men with the release of Update 35.1.
    • Race of Men and Beorning female characters combat animations are not working properly.
    This isn't so much feedback as it is sentiment - cancel all of these changes, you have completely ruined the aesthetic identity of character models.
    Fractal

[INDENT]Here are some things to know:
    Interesting. More options are always better.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    wider cultural war or politics as it relates to the avatar update
    This is a bit vague, I assume we can still comment on how this is one step closer to the elimination of the uniqueness of Dwarves and the growing disdain for Tolkien's story to make a buck?
    Footman Ryvick DonHuntstead 120 Guardian

Officer of Baruk Khazad

Arkenstone Server

15. Apr 14 2023, 01:09 AM

BULLROARER KNOWN ISSUES:
    [/LIST]
    So many new faces and cultural features!

And Asians! I thought I'd have to wait until Rhun to have an Asian inspired character, but this definitely is a big plus to alot of players.

Thank you SSG. Hope we see more of this in-game, but still allowing for more premium races.

IMO the "body type" needs to be broken out into several sliders. As it is, having several regions of the slider where different body parts get bigger/smaller doesn't work well; it doesn't make intuitive sense (nor does it provide as much flexibility). There is not a realistic range of butt sizes for the females, for example, haha.

Any update on whether Forced March will become a persistent toggle skill at some point?
    Taramthir of the Laiquendi Order
    May the Light guide your steps till next we meet

I like the new facial sliders that let us fine tune our characters faces more, this is good. It also allows for a larger age range to be made if one wishes to make a younger or older character as well. New stubble option is also a good addition so you can still have a beard without having an overly thick looking one.

The eye colors are a bit too vibrant though, especially if you want green or blue eyes. I couldn't get a shade of green that didn't look like they were glowing. I think the saturation needs to be lowered a fair amount on them, they look too cartoony as it is.

I don't really know any other way to word this question so I'll just ask plainly- but are there going to be any new hairstyles more tailored to people who want to play as white characters? Or are the ones currently on BR the only ones planned to be added? I, and I imagine many others based on forum history, still want some longer straight hair, maybe some more half pulled back variants and such, but out of the 30 something styles added there were exactly 0 new straight hairstyles added.

Could you please also adress the following issues:

1.) Sagroth repeatable Quests: some collectables are not collectable in the beginning... sometimes you have to run past them multiple times or collect others first to be able to collect them

2.) Poison garden + Apothecary DUO does not spawn the Solo/Duo Chests... it spawns 3-man chest... which makes getting the recipes a lot harder(maybe adjust the drop chance for that a little bit)

also may i suggest a Sárskilinnan turn in quest for something useful.... i am sitting at 1000 because of me trying to get all the recipes´

3.) Yellow captain has no self power restore except Time of Need from the red tree
    Last edited by Khani.; Apr 14 2023 at 06:00 AM.

Add pale skin too please

And more hairs like dyed colors wouldn't hurt while you're at it. Strong shades of red, orange, maybe green and such

Your existing characters remain mostly unchanged, although we have updated some textures to improve their look.
    There are now more shared options between genders, including hair and beard styles where applicable.
    The body proportion range has been increased.
    These new options are also available at the Barber for access to existing characters.
    Overall, I'm glad this level of customization has been added. Having this many options not just for extra heads but details on those heads (jaw size, chin size, eyes, etc.) is fantastic and I want to praise the engineers/designers who made it happen. Like everyone else, though, I have some nitpicks.

1) Please add more cultural origin options. Easterlings, Umbarrim/Haradrim, Dúnedain, Variags, etc.
    2) Please add extra beard options. I suppose the stubble falls under this, but just a couple more facial hair options in the picklist would be nice.
    3) Beards on female characters. Whatever your thoughts may be on this for various reasons, I'll look at it from the lore angle which is that only Dwarves would have this, and ambiguously so since Tolkien himself flip-flopped a couple times on whether Dwarf-women would or would not have facial hair. If it stays, it also reduces the uniqueness of Dwarves. Please remove this option.
    Did you really think this signature would be worth reading?

[INDENT]Here are some things to know:
    What prevented the developers from adding new origins? Middle-earth has a huge variety of cultures, races and ethnicities that we see throughout the game. Lossoths, Easterlings, Haradrim, Dunlendings, Variags and many more. Why was it necessary to combine all possible variants in existing origins and destroy their identity?
    Last edited by Rino90; Apr 14 2023 at 08:04 AM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by VanguardIV View Post
    So many new faces and cultural features!

And Asians! I thought I'd have to wait until Rhun to have an Asian inspired character, but this definitely is a big plus to alot of players.

Thank you SSG. Hope we see more of this in-game, but still allowing for more premium races.
    I am glad to hear that now the game will allow more variation representations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeneth View Post
    I like the new facial sliders that let us fine tune our characters faces more, this is good. It also allows for a larger age range to be made if one wishes to make a younger or older character as well. New stubble option is also a good addition so you can still have a beard without having an overly thick looking one.

The eye colors are a bit too vibrant though, especially if you want green or blue eyes. I couldn't get a shade of green that didn't look like they were glowing. I think the saturation needs to be lowered a fair amount on them, they look too cartoony as it is.

I don't really know any other way to word this question so I'll just ask plainly- but are there going to be any new hairstyles more tailored to people who want to play as white characters? Or are the ones currently on BR the only ones planned to be added? I, and I imagine many others based on forum history, still want some longer straight hair, maybe some more half pulled back variants and such, but out of the 30 something styles added there were exactly 0 new straight hairstyles added.
    I wouldn't worry if the palette goes from very vibrant to very opaque as long there are a plenty in between options. People tend to self regulate about that sorta choices, when making their toons so no need to make the range too uptight. The more variety the merrier!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Rino90 View Post
    What prevented the developers from adding new origins? Middle-earth has a huge variety of cultures, races and ethnicities that we see throughout the game. Lossoths, Easterlings, Haradrim, Dunlendings, Variags and many more. Why was it necessary to combine all possible variants in existing origins and destroy their identity?
    Maybe when we go deeper to the Eastern or Southern Lands the dev will create new playable Tolkiens universe races or subraces.

"The Race of Men are not displaying old avatars with "Avatar Update Visible" de-selected. This check box will be removed for the Race of Men with the release of Update 35.1."

I have stubbornly kept the old avatars due to the previous changes displaying my first ever character rolled as some juvenile supermodel look with a tiny head over the mature properly proportioned appearance originally chosen.

This implies that I will no longer have this option and be forced into embracing the "photoshop" Lotro Age!

As it is I have to close my eyes selecting the character on the selection screen so I don't see the "new" visuals rendered before my more considered choice of look.

SSG perhaps don't play enough to warrant much attachment to any character. Glad I don't have 42 character visuals to sort out though.

Where did I miss passing through a fountain of youth in the game?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast