We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

LM Heals and power heals

For those who have yet to try LM healing has had quite the boost. Previously I could just heal AoD T3, DoP B1T5, and squeaked into the LTC title with AoD but the buffed heal output, my yellow build is the one I use, can happily do the new Angmar 3mans to T3. Colour me in happy. with the change there. Not so certain on the power heal cd, I htink there is an element of ramping up timings on that one and using power drain and pots far more often than beforehand. What have others' experiences been like? I've certainly had fun and LM work in 3mans got busier.
    Mithithil Ithryndi

After they made that controversial huge nerf to yellow LMs debuffs, I was really disappointed, as their DPS buff tradeoff did not make up for it in any capacity (you don't use yellow LM for DPS anyway). This recent heal buff to BoH by lowering it's cd is really great and finally makes up for the nerf. It creates some nice synergies with LI healing traceries. Hope the proper pet scaling will soon follow and LM will be where it should be.

That's good to hear! I still haven't beaten AOD T3, that is the most LM-unfriendly 3-man I can think of. I will probably pick up the cluster next week, this gives me hope I won't be shut out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    That's good to hear! I still haven't beaten AOD T3, that is the most LM-unfriendly 3-man I can think of. I will probably pick up the cluster next week, this gives me hope I won't be shut out.
    I've LTC for both new 3 man instances using LM as healer/debuffer. With a competent tank you can get happily through even if the dps make a few "hunter pulls" :-) I'd say that LM is now a lot more viable in 3 man instnaces, but I'd not yet expect to get in on a PUG, which may be the acid test!
    Mithithil Ithryndi

You were right, we're more capable of handling 3 mans now, or maybe these ones are just easier than the Gundabad ones. I've beaten both the new ones on T3 in pugs now. Once in Thaurisgar I was the last man standing... the front boss killed the tank and dps, so I bear tanked him and did the last bit of damage, then beat up the rear boss. Honestly I'd rather do both 3 mans on T3 than Sagroth on T2, I barely squeaked through that one!

You were right, we're more capable of handling 3 mans now, or maybe these ones are just easier than the Gundabad ones. I've beaten both the new ones on T3 in pugs now. Once in Thaurisgar I was the last man standing... the front boss killed the tank and dps, so I bear tanked him and did the last bit of damage, then beat up the rear boss. Honestly I'd rather do both 3 mans on T3 than Sagroth on T2, I barely squeaked through that one!
    Sagroth is, I fervently hope, the last use of puddles although I expect we shall be knee deep in them in Gwathrenost.

Note that guess what, nobody testing the raid remembered that bears have a taunt that can be used for tanking and now the devs are fretting about exploits. Cue sneers form the usual suspects but generally that's jarder than it sounds in practice, if the bear gets one shotted chnaces are LM is next. Solo T3 3 man instance bosses as LM and bear takes an element of skill, personally I'd like to see that accepted as a valid playstyle, there again, times was when you couldn't do a combat resummon and had to look after the bear and maybe that would be the simpler solution, with combat resummon a blue line thing.
    Mithithil Ithryndi

Puddles are OK. But acid puddles, fire puddles, AND slime puddles? Yikes. I will probably never beat Sagroth T3, I can't imagine what T5 will be like. My hat is off to anyone who manages it.

They already disabled bear taunts in raids. I'm not sure why they're just now deciding that bear taunts are a problem. I would be cool with making combat resummoning a blue-only ability like it used to be. It would actually give blue a purpose, rather than just having slightly-less-useless pets.

Puddles are OK. But acid puddles, fire puddles, AND slime puddles? Yikes. I will probably never beat Sagroth T3, I can't imagine what T5 will be like. My hat is off to anyone who manages it.

They already disabled bear taunts in raids. I'm not sure why they're just now deciding that bear taunts are a problem. I would be cool with making combat resummoning a blue-only ability like it used to be. It would actually give blue a purpose, rather than just having slightly-less-useless pets.
    There is already some plank in the main forums claiming that Sagroth T5 is too easy because using class skills from Burglar and LM to lock down the big rat adds apparently trivialises it. I smell a troll, probably plays a champion :-)
    Mithithil Ithryndi

Quote Originally Posted by Mithithil View Post
    There is already some plank in the main forums claiming that Sagroth T5 is too easy because using class skills from Burglar and LM to lock down the big rat adds apparently trivialises it. I smell a troll, probably plays a champion :-)
    Almost every class can interrupt middle rat. I done this on rcap and mini too

Haven't watched the video but it wouldn't surprise me to discover a way to cheese Sagroth. I've already been introduced to ways of cheesing Gardens and Apothecary. I won't repeat them here but I bet we all know them. Doesn't seem to have been much quality testing on this cluster. I fully expect to see people with the raid LTC title the day that T3 drops.