We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Multiple disconnects

After the current update I have had a lot of disconnects, most of them inside the new instances. Its more than one every hour and its very annoying. Previous to that I very rarely had one. I have updated my graphic drivers. What else can I do?

Nothing... the fault lies with SSG and their servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranaan View Post
    Nothing... the fault lies with SSG and their servers.
    Then why do only some people get disconnects and others never do?

Lorodir, you might be experiencing a problem caused at the server end. If so, there is nothing you can do about that.

However, one thing you can do on your end is to connect your computer to your router via ethernet rather than wifi. Some wifi connections are very fast and stable, some are not; even some that are somtimes have trouble with LOTRO for some reason even though they are perfectly fine for everything else, even other online games.

Whether you use ethernet or wifi, something that often helps to stabilize connections to the LOTRO servers is a full local network reset:
    1- Shut down your computer and all your network devices. "All your network devices" for most people means your wireless router and your cable modem. You might have more than one device composing your router, be sure you shut them all down. You might have something other than a cable modem (DSL or some other way of getting the wide world of interwebs into your house) – whatever it is, shut it down. If you don't know how to turn something off, unplug it.
    2- Wait 2 minutes. 120 seconds. Just wait with all your stuff turned off.
    3- Turn everything back on/plug everything back in starting with the most "upstream" device and working your way downstream. For most people, that means turning on the cable modem first. After turning on a device, allow it to fully boot before turning on the next device. If you can't tell when a device is fully booted, just turn it on/plug it in and then wait 2 full minutes (120 seconds) before moving to the next device downstream. So for most people: Cable modem, wireless router, then finally computer.

Don't just send a remote restart command to your router. Don't just clear the caches on your computer. Turn it ALL off, wait 2 full minutes, then turn it all back on starting with the most upstream device and then working your way downstream.