We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Housing Decorations

I'd like to see:
    Bookshelves in which we can place individual books that have been collected from around Middle Earth. Similar to Skyrim's bookshelves. This could be also construed as a new hobby, book/lore collecting. Additionally, a book could be earned from completing a quest or questline. This could tie in with scholar profession.

Crafting Vault similar to current craft useable decorations. It could look like shelves of supplies. It could be "upgraded" just like the current vault and shared vault storage, first with gold, then MC.

Door hooks. I'd like to be able to add doors that separate rooms inside my home.

Fish Farm/Fish Pond in which one can catch craft fish for recipe ingredients/cooking.

Chicken or fowl coops/Sheep/Goat/Donkey/Cow corral in which one can place pet animals that have been collected. Idea: New hobby, animal husbandry. <Maybe taxidermy can be tied into forester and farmer professions...

A floor or wall space in which one can place geodes/stones/gems that have been collected. Maybe a way to even select the size/cut of a gem or stone to place in a floor tile or wall panel. Idea: New hobby, Gem/Geode collecting. Rare drops from instances, skirms, raids, or landscape. This could tie into prospector or jeweller professions.

Pathway hooks in the yard to place different styles of pathways or walkways.

Exterior wall color/material panel for home. Similar to interior panels that control the color and style of walls.

A house/home servant decor panel, to add a servant (elf/dwarf/human/hobbit/etc. or other creature) that walks around the home's interior (not a hook). You could make it customizable, similar to a skirmish soldier. race/Hair style/color/garments etc.

A garden area with lots of hooks to place trees, flowers, bushes, garden statues surrounded by a customizable hedge. Maybe this could tie into the farmer profession too....

Instead of numerous decorations that transport one to a specific area, such as the mysterious door, how about a travel stable with a few select travel destinations? That way, I have one porting decoration, not several.....I know, one could run over to the town stable....again, brainstorming.

Dummie storage Hooks to place clothes/weapons/shields....yes, similar to, you guessed it, Skyrim.

A new housing instance in which one has to restore/build a house or hamlet, like Hytbold. Would be able to customize the buildings/decor/people....

Yeah, I know....asking for a whole lot of stuff that'll never happen...but hey, again, brainstorming.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasFlora View Post
    I'd like to see:

1. Bookshelves in which we can place individual books that have been collected from around Middle Earth. Similar to Skyrim's bookshelves. This could be also construed as a new hobby, book/lore collecting. Additionally, a book could be earned from completing a quest or questline. This could tie in with scholar profession.
    2. Crafting Vault similar to current craft useable decorations. It could look like shelves of supplies. It could be "upgraded" just like the current vault and shared vault storage, first with gold, then MC.
    3. Door hooks. I'd like to be able to add doors that separate rooms inside my home.
    4. Fish Farm/Fish Pond in which one can catch craft fish for recipe ingredients/cooking.
    5. Chicken or fowl coops/Sheep/Goat/Donkey/Cow corral in which one can place pet animals that have been collected. Idea: New hobby, animal husbandry. <Maybe taxidermy can be tied into forester and farmer professions...
    6. A floor or wall space in which one can place geodes/stones/gems that have been collected. Maybe a way to even select the size/cut of a gem or stone to place in a floor tile or wall panel. Idea: New hobby, Gem/Geode collecting. Rare drops from instances, skirms, raids, or landscape. This could tie into prospector or jeweller professions.
    7. Pathway hooks in the yard to place different styles of pathways or walkways.
    8. Exterior wall color/material panel for home. Similar to interior panels that control the color and style of walls.
    9. A house/home servant decor panel, to add a servant (elf/dwarf/human/hobbit/etc. or other creature) that walks around the home's interior (not a hook). You could make it customizable, similar to a skirmish soldier. race/Hair style/color/garments etc.
    10. A garden area with lots of hooks to place trees, flowers, bushes, garden statues surrounded by a customizable hedge. Maybe this could tie into the farmer profession too....
    11. Instead of numerous decorations that transport one to a specific area, such as the mysterious door, how about a travel stable with a few select travel destinations? That way, I have one porting decoration, not several.....I know, one could run over to the town stable....again, brainstorming.
    12. Dummie storage Hooks to place clothes/weapons/shields....yes, similar to, you guessed it, Skyrim.
    13. A new housing instance in which one has to restore/build a house or hamlet, like Hytbold. Would be able to customize the buildings/decor/people....

Yeah, I know....asking for a whole lot of stuff that'll never happen...but hey, again, brainstorming.
    The great mayority of what you asked already exist at LOTRO on live servers, can be done with the existing items & tools, or is at Bullroarer test server awaiting release on a near future update. So i will answer only to what LOTRO still don't have. I recommend you to check the neat website LotRO Housing Magazine & Database - D&Co du Milieu to find the other pieces that you mentioned & can already be acquired in game.

• Crafting Vault for serious i don't understand that 1. I keep thinking on the already existing storage space kinds when i read that. Can you please do into more detail about how that is different?
    • Door hooks dont exist at LOTRO but we do have many doors & archways that use the already existing hook kinds (Spoiler alert! more variety was spotted at Bullroarer)
    • Customize pathway on the yards. Very interesting feature.Though i never though to much about those pathways since the early days of LOTRO where only the few main roads of Middle earth were paved somehow.
    • Customized external wall buildings texture & colour, Customize yard frills & textures. Really a lot of LOTRO players that love housing are waiting for this feature to happen & have being asked before.
    • LOTRO already allow players to set humanoid pets, as well as beasts at your house & they move around. but they don't have a dedicated panel to set them, in fact is very simple & there is a huge variety of them.
    • Dummies or boxes that display your choice of wearable gear. don't exist at LOTRO yet. It have being asked by other players before. We do have some displayed stand alone pieces you can get at some areas.

Don't get discourage about your suggestions. Many the awesome things that LOTRO have nowdays, were once some player idea that dared sugest it to the devs & the devs liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    The great mayority of what you asked already exist at LOTRO on live servers, can be done with the existing items & tools, or is at Bullroarer test server awaiting release on a near future update. So i will answer only to what LOTRO still don't have. I recommend you to check the neat website LotRO Housing Magazine & Database - D&Co du Milieu to find the other pieces that you mentioned & can already be acquired in game.

• Crafting Vault for serious i don't understand that 1. I keep thinking on the already existing storage space kinds when i read that. Can you please do into more detail about how that is different?
    • Door hooks dont exist at LOTRO but we do have many doors & archways that use the already existing hook kinds (Spoiler alert! more variety was spotted at Bullroarer)
    • Customize pathway on the yards. Very interesting feature.Though i never though to much about those pathways since the early days of LOTRO where only the few main roads of Middle earth were paved somehow.
    • Customized external wall buildings texture & colour, Customize yard frills & textures. Really a lot of LOTRO players that love housing are waiting for this feature to happen & have being asked before.
    • LOTRO already allow players to set humanoid pets, as well as beasts at your house & they move around. but they don't have a dedicated panel to set them, in fact is very simple & there is a huge variety of them.
    • Dummies or boxes that display your choice of wearable gear. don't exist at LOTRO yet. It have being asked by other players before. We do have some displayed stand alone pieces you can get at some areas.

Don't get discourage about your suggestions. Many the awesome things that LOTRO have nowdays, were once some player idea that dared sugest it to the devs & the devs liked it.
    Crafting vault would just hold craft related items.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasFlora View Post
    Crafting vault would just hold craft related items.
    We already have portable Large Crafting Carry-all bags that have the same function & can be carried at all times on your inventory or could be saved at the Vault NPC space or personal house chest. You can acquire it at LOTRO store with LP (LOTRO Points) that can be earned in game or bought with real money & occasionally go on discount.