We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Incoming healing and percentage-based heals

I was hoping someone could clarify how (if at all) incoming healing rating relates to the heals which are based on morale percentages (like Catch a Breath and Warrior's Heart). Does this stat impact those heals at all? If so, how much?

Outgoing healing doesn't impact % based healing.

Incoming healing does impact % based healing, however.
    "Not all those who wander are lost....some are so stubborn that they always think they're going in the right direction."

"The 4th age is the store age" - Hetweith

Quote Originally Posted by zipfile View Post
    Outgoing healing doesn't impact % based healing.

Incoming healing does impact % based healing, however.
    How much does it impact it? Does it increase the raw percentage of the heal? In other words, you have +1% incoming healing, you get an additional 1% of healing from Catch a Breath? If so, that would be pretty potent. I'm not sure how else it would be calculated.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionofAngmar View Post
    In other words, you have +1% incoming healing, you get an additional 1% of healing from Catch a Breath?
    I believe so, yes, from last I did math (during Mordor changes), it was like that.
    "Not all those who wander are lost....some are so stubborn that they always think they're going in the right direction."

In other words, you have +1% incoming healing, you get an additional 1% of healing from Catch a Breath? If so, that would be pretty potent. I'm not sure how else it would be calculated.
    That's definitely how heals work related to ICH %-age, and it is indeed very potent.
    A couple of days ago I've got the cappy's standard (+30% ICH) stuck on me after the raid, so later I was running freely with 55% ICH. And that made my WH, for example, heal me for ~4mln morale... out of my current 2mln.

If this is how incoming healing works, doesn’t it make sense to focus less on stacking vitality and more on incoming healing after a certain point? I’m thinking specifically of essences here (but also gear). Around 1,400,000 morale or so, the increase from inc healing essence would seem to outweigh the morale and resistance increases that come from a vitality essence, right?

If this is how incoming healing works, doesn’t it make sense to focus less on stacking vitality and more on incoming healing after a certain point? I’m thinking specifically of essences here (but also gear). Around 1,400,000 morale or so, the increase from inc healing essence would seem to outweigh the morale and resistance increases that come from a vitality essence, right?
    We have various options; block and partial block, parry and partial parry, evade and partial evade, resistance, physical mitigation, tactical mitigation and incoming healing along with kiting, ducking and diving. Peeps just see the morale pool these days I guess.

It's no longer a switch of some virtues/traits and slotting some different relics in an LI it's a whole lot more to invest to test a different path which may not turn out to be any better.

Mobs with the capability of bypassing any of these measures can render any of them entirely useless at times so we are left at stacking vitality. Catch 22 for players - Multiple different mitigation builds and gear sets, not sustainable. Your healers will love their HPS parses, until you get a -100% de-buff. How easy you are to heal isn't shown on your morale and power bar though. Can't even ID your LIs or your traits and virtue choices...

Be interesting to find out though.

Not really, no.

High morale pool allows you to take hits, couple that with damage negation from Redirect, high mitigations and other sources of damage reduction, you're far better off sticking to getting your mitigations and morale pool up to par for competitiveness, with some finesse sprinkled in-between depending on what your content goals are.

How much does it impact it? Does it increase the raw percentage of the heal? In other words, you have +1% incoming healing, you get an additional 1% of healing from Catch a Breath? If so, that would be pretty potent. I'm not sure how else it would be calculated.
    It seems to me that the IHR rather increases the percentage by its value. For example, "Catch a Breath" heals 36.5% of max health, but with an IHR of 33% it will heal 48.545% (36.5 + 33% = 36.5 + 12.045 = 48.545). At least I can guarantee that "Catch a Breath" with that percentage of IHR heals just under half health, and if you add up the percentages directly it should heal 69.5%.