We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Over cap mastery suggestion

An idea for what to do with being over capped on our mastery… turn the over cap amount into Armour Penetration/mitigation bypass. Could add extra layers to gearing decisions people make for certain content.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech6425 View Post
    An idea for what to do with being over capped on our mastery… turn the over cap amount into Armour Penetration/mitigation bypass. Could add extra layers to gearing decisions people make for certain content.
    Change virtues and essences? Why you have overcapped stat what gives you nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    Change virtues and essences? Why you have overcapped stat what gives you nothing?
    Right, that’s the point. To give value if you do go over cap with buffs or just choose to gear that way. Plus, on higher tier content mitigation bypass is heavily desired. Hence why hunters and champs are so valued.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech6425 View Post
    No, that's a terrible idea. Actually one of the worst suggestions I have ever seen on these forums. It's throwing character building out of the window. If you are overcapped on mastery, swap virtues, gear and slotted essences. Do some work on your build instead of being lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratharim View Post
    No, that's a terrible idea. Actually one of the worst suggestions I have ever seen on these forums. It's throwing character building out of the window. If you are overcapped on mastery, swap virtues, gear and slotted essences. Do some work on your build instead of being lazy.
    first this is a game why should anyone work on anything in a game it is for fun and doing nothing? it is not a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

second to the person that started this forum why do you want to change a hole game instead of just enjoying it for what it is or finding another what is wrong with you?

Quote Originally Posted by ZepherZaner View Post
    first this is a game why should anyone work on anything in a game it is for fun and doing nothing? it is not a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Character building is a part of each and every RPG system out there, one of the very core features of it. It's not a chore, it's fun to fine tune the character.
    I guess if someone does not find it fun, he should just play some console game with Awesome Button™ and one stat to not be overwhelmed. And for the 99% of content you don't really need min-max character in LotRO anyway, just keep your build reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratharim View Post
    Character building is a part of each and every RPG system out there, one of the very core features of it. It's not a chore, it's fun to fine tune the character.
    I guess if someone does not find it fun, he should just play some console game with Awesome Button™ and one stat to not be overwhelmed. And for the 99% of content you don't really need min-max character in LotRO anyway, just keep your build reasonable.
    Took the words right out of my mouth, well said.
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
    - Will Rogers