We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Other rewards for ancient script?

So... can there be some other rewards for it? Cosmetics, housing items etc? Anything useful that I could exchange for more copies of? I hit my cap and getting a whole bunch of these from some deconstructed LI tokens and reward track sometimes but nothing to exchange it for. First I hardly care about updating LI, second if I badly wanted to bother with that... any Enhancement Runes I can get for ancient script have too low "Enhancement limit" and the ones I would need are only from constantly running instances and dailies (no thanks). So, after all this time, I still don't get it. What's the purpose of the ancient script again?

I guess in the end I won't bother and will keep opening the boxes so they don't bother me in inventory, regardless of the wallet cap filled. But still seems annoying, all these different boxes from reward track obtained from confusing "open them one by one" mobile game scrollbar, all these many tokens and runes I can't use, disenchanted into script and seems like it serves zero useful purpose. Would have been nice if there was anything to spend it on, I guess. Even some lotro crypto kitties would have been nice Just a nice kittie picture attached to my bag UI, now that would have been more useful than anything I can currently get for script

istvana is offline Legendary forums 1st poster
    Ancient script has only one purpose - to get LI traceries, enhancements and related things.

You can get traceries for any level even if you cannot use them yet - just click the bookshelves in the Word Trove in Elrond's house to see the selections.

You are not the only one that can no longer use them - if your LI's are all more-or-less maxed out. This is true for many of the game currencies that can only be used for one thing or in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by TesalionLortus View Post
    So... can there be some other rewards for it? Cosmetics, housing items etc? Anything useful that I could exchange for more copies of? I hit my cap and getting a whole bunch of these from some deconstructed LI tokens and reward track sometimes but nothing to exchange it for. First I hardly care about updating LI, second if I badly wanted to bother with that... any Enhancement Runes I can get for ancient script have too low "Enhancement limit" and the ones I would need are only from constantly running instances and dailies (no thanks). So, after all this time, I still don't get it. What's the purpose of the ancient script again?

I guess in the end I won't bother and will keep opening the boxes so they don't bother me in inventory, regardless of the wallet cap filled. But still seems annoying, all these different boxes from reward track obtained from confusing "open them one by one" mobile game scrollbar, all these many tokens and runes I can't use, disenchanted into script and seems like it serves zero useful purpose. Would have been nice if there was anything to spend it on, I guess. Even some lotro crypto kitties would have been nice Just a nice kittie picture attached to my bag UI, now that would have been more useful than anything I can currently get for script
    What do you not get. Scripts are for LIs which you don't care about so they have no purpose FOR YOU. Not for the others tho. SSG is not going to make different rewards just because YOU don't want to use scrpits on what they are designed for.
    Captain-General Narthrivor r15 Hunter - r12 Warden - r12 Champion - r10 Captain - r6 Guardian - r9 Reaver - r9 Warg

Quote Originally Posted by istvana View Post
    Ancient script has only one purpose - to get LI traceries, enhancements and related things.

You can get traceries for any level even if you cannot use them yet - just click the bookshelves in the Word Trove in Elrond's house to see the selections.

You are not the only one that can no longer use them - if your LI's are all more-or-less maxed out. This is true for many of the game currencies that can only be used for one thing or in one place.
    Well, I'm cap, already have all things slotted on LI, the enhancement at Elrond's are unusable to me because they're lower ones than the ones that drop from innis. Never used the script except initially when we all switched and got it from old LIs. So what's it for? Alts? Just alts?

Quote Originally Posted by RicoFTW View Post
    What do you not get. Scripts are for LIs which you don't care about so they have no purpose FOR YOU. Not for the others tho. SSG is not going to make different rewards just because YOU don't want to use scrpits on what they are designed for.
    I still don't get it. What do you use it for then ? It's not that I don't use LI at all but what I have under LI is maxed and I never needed to use a script for it

Well, my only suggestion was that if it seems so useless but is obtained as much they could maybe throw in a few cosmetics and other items as rewards. Lots of these other "useless" currencies actually have some nice stuff tied to do them useful for housing and cosmetics so they're never truly useless, I always come back to these old "useless" currencies with "aaah, I can actually get this thing for that and put in the house"

Well, I'm cap, already have all things slotted on LI, the enhancement at Elrond's are unusable to me because they're lower ones than the ones that drop from innis. Never used the script except initially when we all switched and got it from old LIs. So what's it for? Alts? Just alts?
    I spend all scripts to craft Heraldry/Word of Craft for kinmates/friends. And soon we can craft more different Word of Crafts

I still don't get it. What do you use it for then ? It's not that I don't use LI at all but what I have under LI is maxed and I never needed to use a script for it

Well, my only suggestion was that if it seems so useless but is obtained as much they could maybe throw in a few cosmetics and other items as rewards. Lots of these other "useless" currencies actually have some nice stuff tied to do them useful for housing and cosmetics so they're never truly useless, I always come back to these old "useless" currencies with "aaah, I can actually get this thing for that and put in the house"
    In your first post you didn't mention all your LIs were capped (assuming that's the case) but you said you can't be bothered to upgrade them. There's a difference.

Scripts were added to the game specifically for new LIs. There were hardly going to be house items or stuff like that.
    Captain-General Narthrivor r15 Hunter - r12 Warden - r12 Champion - r10 Captain - r6 Guardian - r9 Reaver - r9 Warg

Quote Originally Posted by RicoFTW View Post
    In your first post you didn't mention all your LIs were capped (assuming that's the case) but you said you can't be bothered to upgrade them. There's a difference.Scripts were added to the game specifically for new LIs. There were hardly going to be house items or stuff like that.
    I mean, can't be bothered for any "essence" upgrades (words and the others, however they called). Still, if that's the case, other than a few unique rewards they add (never felt like I'm missing out on those, didn't seem as cool.), what's even the purpose of chasing the reward track? If it's just a bunch of ancient script boxes all the time. So still think some more rewards tied to ancient script, of some other varieties, would have been nice. To a "casual" like myself the entire idea of reward track just looks like an annoyance (especially given its UI). Sure, can just ignore it, which I'll do, but that's why I made this suggestion, it wouldn't need to be so seemingly useless and unattractive to me if there were some other rewards for scripts

I mean, can't be bothered for any "essence" upgrades (words and the others, however they called). Still, if that's the case, other than a few unique rewards they add (never felt like I'm missing out on those, didn't seem as cool.), what's even the purpose of chasing the reward track? If it's just a bunch of ancient script boxes all the time. So still think some more rewards tied to ancient script, of some other varieties, would have been nice. To a "casual" like myself the entire idea of reward track just looks like an annoyance (especially given its UI). Sure, can just ignore it, which I'll do, but that's why I made this suggestion, it wouldn't need to be so seemingly useless and unattractive to me if there were some other rewards for scripts

Scripts have their purpose and like all other items in the game, they are designed to feed more than one character, so yes, your earlier question "just alts?" is correct.

Think of them the same way as many other currencies or items in the game. for example, if a player has one character, they have a use for hides and ores, but scholar mats are not useful items for them. If they are a scholar, then hides are not useful to them. If they run that character through Elderslade mission, buy up all the cosmetics at the barter, then eventually the tokens they obtain from still running those missions are of no use to them.

The easiest way to think of them though is to remember the old empowerment scrolls after they put level ranges on them. A player with one alt could earn them in many different places, but once their character has finished their LI's, all excess was for storing for alts
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Scripts have their purpose and like all other items in the game, they are designed to feed more than one character, so yes, your earlier question "just alts?" is correct.

Think of them the same way as many other currencies or items in the game. for example, if a player has one character, they have a use for hides and ores, but scholar mats are not useful items for them. If they are a scholar, then hides are not useful to them. If they run that character through Elderslade mission, buy up all the cosmetics at the barter, then eventually the tokens they obtain from still running those missions are of no use to them.

The easiest way to think of them though is to remember the old empowerment scrolls after they put level ranges on them. A player with one alt could earn them in many different places, but once their character has finished their LI's, all excess was for storing for alts
    For me the problem is the cap. I store all these boxes on an alt not to lose AS. So options like buying the cosmetics from the RT with them or adding AS to the figment exchange would be great.

You can use the ancient scripts to craft these special traceries:

For me and other raiders that in last few weeks came from Treebeard to live to raid at 105 been issues getting runes for LI or enough scripts to get LI at 105 each one takes 50 runes per tracery x8-10 x 6 for one toon is long, boring and a pain (we are staying at 105 till we are bored trying to gear and deal with Throne t2 but with 2 toons getting 10 lis up has issues of supply in game as buying scripts it expensive 100 - 180 too costly for 1 rune. Script is a pain at low levels. Level 140 is a grind for Li but nothing like level 75 onward to 130. They brought this new lI system out to not make it such a grind but to be honest it is worse of a grind.
    Last edited by Sherush; Apr 19 2023 at 02:55 PM.