We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Already in Use error for item, inventory to and from shared storage

A few weeks ago I was trying to put level 131 purple runes into my shared storage and they lag-bugged out. I can't take the existing purple runes out or put others in. This is on every character. Every time I try, the game says "Already in Use." I've restarted the computer, relogged, reloaded the entire game (repair download), and tried renaming the lotro folder per the suggestions of Lotro support. They've ignored my replies requesting help for the last week and a half. Can you help me?

Quote Originally Posted by flyingpancak View Post
    A few weeks ago I was trying to put level 131 purple runes into my shared storage and they lag-bugged out. I can't take the existing purple runes out or put others in. This is on every character. Every time I try, the game says "Already in Use." I've restarted the computer, relogged, reloaded the entire game (repair download), and tried renaming the lotro folder per the suggestions of Lotro support. They've ignored my replies requesting help for the last week and a half. Can you help me?
    The first thing customer service will usually ask you to do is to rename your *\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online folder or to delete it. Doing so will force the game back to its defaults and does solve many problems albeit at the cost of all your saved preferences.

However, in this case, your problem is not being caused by a corrupt setting file or any issue with your installation of the game. There was some miscommunication between your client and the server which has caused that stack of items in your Shared Storage to become unusable. The server thinks it is still “in transit” from one storage location to another or, as the in-game message states, “Already in use.”

There is nothing you can do on your end that can solve this problem. No instructions that you might follow from another player will solve this problem. If you hadn’t mentioned that you’ve been experiencing this issue for a week and a half already I would have recommended that you wait until the servers are restarted next (usually on Wednesdays) and cross your fingers that would resolve the issue; but there’s already been at least one server restart and it made no difference.

Submit a new ticket. Reference your old ticket number. Include a link to this thread. Ask for the ticket to be escalated to a supervisor because it seems that the first contact customer service representatives do not have the knowledge or access to the game functions necessary to help you.

Ticket submitted as you directed. Thank you. We'll see what happens.