We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Blocks Discord

Blocks Discord

Background:
    I bought an annual sub for son to play with me for his bday.
    He has a Win 11 brand new PC.
    We use Discord. (I used Discord for all sorts of voice and interactions).

Problem:
    Every time LotRO has an update for him, it glitches his Audio and prevents him from using Discord. He can toggle to Discord and talk to me fine, but if he is in the game it blocks it. We fixed it twice before, but I cannot recall what we tinkered with in the game and this third time now, I cannot figure it out.

What we have tried:
    1. We know his mic is working fine, we have tested it and it works on all other online games while in Discord with me (just not LotRO). It also works while LotRO is running but in background when he Alt_Tab to talk to me
    2. We have tried clicking Default settinsg
    3. We have tried toggling between the headset and non-headset sounds and mic and going back
    4. We have tried restarting the game.

I patched. I do not have this issue, but I run Win 10. I am at a loss and it is preventing us playing together.
    TheInklingsKin.com

Quote Originally Posted by JTollers View Post
    Background:
    I bought an annual sub for son to play with me for his bday.
    He has a Win 11 brand new PC.
    We use Discord. (I used Discord for all sorts of voice and interactions).

Problem:
    Every time LotRO has an update for him, it glitches his Audio and prevents him from using Discord. He can toggle to Discord and talk to me fine, but if he is in the game it blocks it. We fixed it twice before, but I cannot recall what we tinkered with in the game and this third time now, I cannot figure it out.

What we have tried:
    1. We know his mic is working fine, we have tested it and it works on all other online games while in Discord with me (just not LotRO). It also works while LotRO is running but in background when he Alt_Tab to talk to me
    2. We have tried clicking Default settinsg
    3. We have tried toggling between the headset and non-headset sounds and mic and going back
    4. We have tried restarting the game.

I patched. I do not have this issue, but I run Win 10. I am at a loss and it is preventing us playing together.
    Open discord with administrator

Are you using push-to-talk? If yes, Discord and Lotro need to be run either both as admin or both not as admin. If one is running within admin context and the other is not, Windows doesn't path through keybindings.