We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs up Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Silmelin View Post

Anatomy issue:

* Males: There's an issue with anatomy above the eyes. I'll try to explain.
    Eyes normally go: eyeball, eyelid, area sloping towards eyebrow, eyebrow (1). But after the update the eyelid anatomy is missing (2). And even worse: the area that slopes up, it doesn't start at the top of the eyelid. It doesn't even start at the top of the eyeball. it starts at the TIPS of the eyelashes.

* Females: Does not have the problem above as far as I could tell. Though they don't seem to have a physical eyelid, only painted on, the area that slopes towards the eyebrow starts from the base of the eyelashes so it looks a lot better.

Thank you so much for sharing this.

I was able to recover my female character's face to some semblance of what it had been, but gave up on the male. Something wasn't right about the eyes, but I couldn't put my finger on it - well spotted and explained.

As someone else mentioned (I think in another thread), my male's head also appears to be too small now.

I wonder if the bucket cosmetic has clipping issues ... he's going to need it.

Quote Originally Posted by StoatMandible View Post
    As someone else mentioned (I think in another thread), my male's head also appears to be too small now.
    I had the opposite problem with mine, his head was too big. But I found some sliders that made his head smaller so now it works for him But he is of a more slender build so a large head wouldn't fit. Is your character of a more muscular build? Have you tried the slider for Head Width and all the ones for Jaw? You can widen the head a bit with those and make it longer with the Chin Height, and if the face is a bit unbalanced after that, move the mouth and nose further down
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Every single of my outfits has clipping now. Even those which are parts of the same efing set

I had the opposite problem with mine, his head was too big. But I found some sliders that made his head smaller so now it works for him But he is of a more slender build so a large head wouldn't fit. Is your character of a more muscular build? Have you tried the slider for Head Width and all the ones for Jaw? You can widen the head a bit with those and make it longer with the Chin Height, and if the face is a bit unbalanced after that, move the mouth and nose further down
    My Captain is indeed a bit beefy. And I will admit that I went back for a third bash and made use of the sliders, but I found I had to set most of them to the widest option to give the appearance of volume (widened head, brows, gap between eyes, jaw and chin, etc.) . Then I put an original, slightly bouffant hairstyle and a full beard on him, which also served to pack him out a bit. He looks human, but not like himself.

I have a feeling that some of the changes that were first floated in the previous avatar overhaul and later rejected have crept back in. The complaints last time included the opinion that the faces looked too young, or naive, and the eye issue you identified seems reminiscent of a lot of the faces for human males and females at that time. The marionette lines around mouths have disappeared, and everyone looks disturbingly perkier.

The one conspicuous change I made to my female character was to the upturn of her mouth. Once I turned it down at the corners, I began to recognise her again.

Quote Originally Posted by StoatMandible View Post
    My Captain is indeed a bit beefy. And I will admit that I went back for a third bash and made use of the sliders, but I found I had to set most of them to the widest option to give the appearance of volume (widened head, brows, gap between eyes, jaw and chin, etc.) . Then I put an original, slightly bouffant hairstyle and a full beard on him, which also served to pack him out a bit. He looks human, but not like himself.

I have a feeling that some of the changes that were first floated in the previous avatar overhaul and later rejected have crept back in. The complaints last time included the opinion that the faces looked too young, or naive, and the eye issue you identified seems reminiscent of a lot of the faces for human males and females at that time. The marionette lines around mouths have disappeared, and everyone looks disturbingly perkier.

The one conspicuous change I made to my female character was to the upturn of her mouth. Once I turned it down at the corners, I began to recognise her again.
    Yes, it can take a lot of work to get close to the old personality of the characters, but I'm glad we've gotten all these sliders now. Especially head size versus body size needed options so people can match them. A slender build wouldn't work with a thick neck and a large head, and the most muscular body don't fit well with a thin neck and small head My high-elf looks strange due to being of slender build but having a big head, so if they get the sliders too in the future I'll be able to fix that
    You might find a different head that looks more like the original than your old one, if you can figure out which parts of the head are permanent and then tweak with tons of sliders and also Complexion in case the ones that are only different shading could help

My hope with these new universal settings is that it might be easier for them to add things like Details and hairstyles in the future
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Let’s bump this thread to first page, for all to see the mess that came with the latest release.

Pros of this update: Added options, my neck seam is gone.

Cons of this update: Incredibly broken. On male humans, pretty much every riding animation was changed to things that look dreadful. Just get on a hobby horse. Or, with the new animation, run next to it. You can't even get ON the hobby horse. Situational mounted anims like falling off or fast stop get stuck playing until relog. Warsteed forced stop no longer stops immediately, just reduces speed. The eye issue can be helped *some* by sliders, but it's really dreadful.
    We were promised that this would *barely* touch already created characters, and that seems to just not be the case at all.
    "Fear not the dark. The light of my blades shall hold it at bay."

-Narangren Tirthallion, Doom-breaker

We have a thread for general discussion already, it's pretty active.
    I've posted a link to my own thread wherever I could to try and get people to post what bugs they find here, at least then I can update the OP to compile all that we find in a way that the developers can easily read it.
    SSG probably isn't interested for a overall discussion about this update. But it's clear that this update was shipped out with a plethora of bugs. I have a few more I noticed that I'll update with tomorrow. But I think that the only real change we'll see is the bug fixes. I'll be cool if they fix the bugs and at least let us use these new tools in a usable state.

If we work together instead of being at each other's throats over certain issues (like what I've seen all over the game right now) then we stand a chance of SSG salvaging what they've created. Because the meat of this update has potential.
    I hope in the future they expand upon it in a way that is nuanced and in mind of what players want. Of course step 1 is to fix the bugs.

Keep sharing what you find!
    Last edited by Askelin; Apr 20 2023 at 06:30 PM.
    Leader of the Mitey Worriers (Laurelin)
    Purveyors of premier meats and vegan substitutes since 26/12/17

Please check the heads and put that on the list over broken stuff.

The neck is too short and the head is smaller than it used to be, and that might be the reason why the male head looks like a catholic church boy.
    I will post a screenshot later, showing the difference.

Also the hands seems wrong. Their angle and size seems like something from a horror movie.

Ears texture is obviosuly made for dark skins, since that texture disapear using dark skins.
    The new ears cannot have been tested against the old light skins.

one of my toons is fat in the login/equipment screen and thin in the outfits screen/landscape.

doesn't happen with my other humans.

also, him rubbing his horse's neck while riding looks creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladin_Stormblessed View Post
    Cosmetic (Human Male): The "Cloak of the Isengard Dispeller" and "Hooded Cloak of the Isengard Dispeller" are now switched. The non-hooded version shows a hood and the hooded version shows a completely bald head that should have hair.
    I hope this gets fixed and that it isn't affecting other cloaks with hooded and hoodless versions. I always discard hooded cloaks (with the exception of a small handful) as I do not like how the hoods look. So if some have been switched, I'll have no way to wear the hoodless version.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Anatomy issue:

Eyes normally go: eyeball, eyelid, area sloping towards eyebrow, eyebrow (1). But after the update the eyelid anatomy is missing (2). And even worse: the area that slopes up, it doesn't start at the top of the eyelid. It doesn't even start at the top of the eyeball. it starts at the TIPS of the eyelashes.

* Females: Does not have the problem above as far as I could tell. Though they don't seem to have a physical eyelid, only painted on, the area that slopes towards the eyebrow starts from the base of the eyelashes so it looks a lot better.
    This one is a glaring bug and highly noticeable in game. The lack of brow shape is giving the "boyish" look that many are reporting. That and the new skinny neck.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitewhimsy View Post
    90% of my outfits have some kind of serious clipping issue with the new options. I think it's reasonable to say they did a bad job and didn't give this much thought. Example:
    words12345
    "It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed,
    though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."

Noticed some bugs on some of my own characters. The female Beorning is mostly frozen in the character selection, with only her cloak moving. There's no movement in the face. No blinking or anything. It's disturbing. Plus, her hands are a different color from her face. For my male human, he's got a strange texture on his neck, and I couldn't get a good angle for a picture, but his beard seems to be detached as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    Same for Cloak of the Helmingas - cloak changed to hooded cloak
    All of the old cosmetic Rohan cloaks have had "hoods" added to them. I say "hoods" because the game doesn't recognize the hood and puts it on over my helmets. Even without a helmet, the hair sticks through the hood. If the intent was to add hooded versions, then fine, but leave the non-hood versions too.

The trousers for Inn League Tunic and Trousers are showing orange colour with some patterns, not the original black colour with red accent. This also applies when trying on any tunic and trousers cosmetics.

shield problems

To all above bugs I would like to add the problem with shields. I found it on my human warden that shields are in different position as before. 2/5 of my outfits now has problem with gloves or chestpiece (hauberk) to cross trough shields which wasn't of course before the update.
    And of course all above appear too from "falling" riding posture to neck and hair problems (those two on male beorning) and wrinkles not displaying as they used to be.

Emotes like shouting seem to be done with the mouth shut.
    "...In the information society, nobody thinks. We expected to banish paper, but we actually banished thought."
    Ian Malcolm

I tried a few moods on my man captain and they didn't animate.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Well-worn Tunic and Trousers: The pants used to be plain and are now fairly fancy. I have several mules wearing this cosmetically, all of which were the default color, but now the color of the pants are random. The tunic portion is unchanged and a consistent color, not changing with the pants.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Anatomy issue:

You've identified precisely my issue with male avatars at the moment; I find the bulginess of their eyes is particularly egregious on the "old" heads (Heads 1-23?). Unfortunately, this can't be remedied by playing around with the eyelid sliders and looks to be something that will need to be addressed by SSG's art team internally. Fixing this, though, would allow male characters to appear much more natural.

I will also add that my female characters do not appear to have any 'cleavage' when wearing dresses. I'm not sure if this is a bug or if its intentional, but it would be nice to have this feature return. There are many modest outfits in LOTRO and some variance is nice--particularly for RPers. In keeping with this update, it would be nice to offer the full range of femininity to players (some women are buxom; some are not!).
    Last edited by Boinli; Apr 21 2023 at 09:01 PM.

We have confirmation from Cordovan that the eye bug and some animation bugs have been acknowledged and will be fixed. Great news! So let's play a game...

Laaaadies and gentlemen! Place your bets! What in the list will be fixed come next patch? Will we see huge sweeping fixes or will they forget about it? Find out next update, stay tuned!
    Leader of the Mitey Worriers (Laurelin)
    Purveyors of premier meats and vegan substitutes since 26/12/17

Beorning appearance

My Beorning's hair changed (female). The first hair option #1 is now #2 so I needed to change it to the second.
    Last edited by Tylaswen; Apr 23 2023 at 12:24 PM.

Please revert ALL CHANGES on the Race of Man
    I DONT LIKE THE AVATAR UPDATE, and now I can not disable it anymore.
    That is not the character face which I made. Now the face is round and has a damn smile that I dislike

Revert it !

If I take a look which new options we got, sorry but that's a NO-GO.
    Never change a running system if you can not make it better.

Man female mini, using the violin I jump in the air with split legs like on a horse. This is very disturbing, and I would like it reversed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast