We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lightbulb [REWARDS & REPLAYABILITY] Enhacing the game replayability (random ideas)

This thread is for improving our actual rewards in the game while also maybe adding replayability.

TITLES:

Titles is something that you usually get by completing deeds and sometimes quests.

Now imagine in our "Collections panel" a title one with two subsets showing how many of them are missing:

- Character titles, character-wide, generic ones.
    - Race/Class titles, account-wide (so enticing players to replay using another character).

With this, if we are completionists, we feel the need to obtain all them (so more replayability).

IMHO, titles should never be bought by using MC.

"NEW CHARACTER" POINTS:

These are some special points that appear when you create a new character, they are account-wide.

- By using 1 you get a random bonus
    - By using X (X > 1) you can choose which one from a Y set.
    - The more used in one choosing, the larger is the set of offered bonuses.

They usually are obtained after a "Large Quest Collection" (Volume, All Bingo Boffin...) is finished (or wherever SSG thinks that is a good place).

A NEW HOBBY, "EXPEDITIONING":

A new hobby, "Expeditioning" (or Journeying or something that maybe sounds nicer).

The idea is getting this hobby XP by killing mobs present in a mob collection, an example of a mob collection is an Orc Tribe: https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Category:Orc_Tribes

Your hobby item, a writing feather (for line-throughing in the mob list), should be equipped. Otherwise the auto-emote "list line throughing" cannot be played after killing it (if it still was not killed).

When the hobby item is equipped you obtain some tokens that you can change in an NPC for badges. It gives a small stat boost to the player.

You can wear as many badges as you want, but you CANNOT (at all) buy all badges with the tokens you get.

And the replayability: Tokens are account-wide, so you may use them in another account (so YES, you may get ALL badges but by combining tokens from X characters).
    Last edited by Carallot; Apr 22 2023 at 12:31 PM.
    Dear reader, I tend to edit my posts A LOT, sorry. Please don't be hasty, thank you!

Huh?

I don't know if my brain has just decided to turn off today or not, but it's hard to really make out *anything* that you're trying to say. Maybe it's the lack of in-depth explanation, or the fact that you're just describing systems that already exist in some form OR exist in other games (yet it seems like you're going out of your way to try and make it sound different)? Like, are "Reward Points" not just a roundabout way of saying Achievements OR a more complicated deed system?

All of this to say that personally, I feel like you didn't flesh these ideas out enough. The post is VERY hard to follow the thought process of.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherryarcher View Post
    I don't know if my brain has just decided to turn off today or not, but it's hard to really make out *anything* that you're trying to say. Maybe it's the lack of in-depth explanation, or the fact that you're just describing systems that already exist in some form OR exist in other games (yet it seems like you're going out of your way to try and make it sound different)? Like, are "Reward Points" not just a roundabout way of saying Achievements OR a more complicated deed system?

All of this to say that personally, I feel like you didn't flesh these ideas out enough. The post is VERY hard to follow the thought process of.
    You are absolutely right! Thank you!

I've redone the #1 post, hope now is far more clear.
    Last edited by Carallot; Apr 21 2023 at 08:27 AM.
    Dear reader, I tend to edit my posts A LOT, sorry. Please don't be hasty, thank you!