We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Give us an option to turn beards off on females please. ( except dwarfs )

If you are going to include ridiculous options like this in this game, at least make an option so we can turn these off. Or at least take the mmo out of the game and make it just a single player game. SSG, let's face it, most people who will make a female with a beard will be doing it just because it's stupid or because they are trying to ruin the game experience of everyone else. This game didn't need nor should it have ever gotten this option but here we are. Now that it is here, at least give us an option to turn it off so those of us who don't want to see it don't have to. This is a game, set in Tolkien's world and that is where we play this game. Women didn't wear beards back then and 99.9999999 percent of women today also don't wear beards. As a matter of fact, they spend millions every year to not have facial hair. So for the love of the world we play this game in, give us an option to turn beards off on females.

I am not saying to take away the option, just give us the option to not show them in game.

P.S. Disclaimer: what ever you want to do in real life, go for it. LOTRO is not real life, we don't need to see beards on females in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by soltasword View Post
    If you are going to include ridiculous options like this in this game, at least make an option so we can turn these off. Or at least take the mmo out of the game and make it just a single player game. SSG, let's face it, most people who will make a female with a beard will be doing it just because it's stupid or because they are trying to ruin the game experience of everyone else. This game didn't need nor should it have ever gotten this option but here we are. Now that it is here, at least give us an option to turn it off so those of us who don't want to see it don't have to. This is a game, set in Tolkien's world and that is where we play this game. Women didn't wear beards back then and 99.9999999 percent of women today also don't wear beards. As a matter of fact, they spend millions every year to not have facial hair. So for the love of the world we play this game in, give us an option to turn beards off on females.

I am not saying to take away the option, just give us the option to not show them in game.

P.S. Disclaimer: what ever you want to do in real life, go for it. LOTRO is not real life, we don't need to see beards on females in this game.
    I play nearly 24/7. On most populated server.
    Yet i see no one with bearded female so far.
    Nuff with that drama please.

/signed

Please make it even as option for lotro points or VIP, ready to pay for it.
    Our mission is dire! (c)

Quote Originally Posted by Plidak View Post
    True, it might be anecdotal experience, but I haven't seen anyone either.. I've always seen dwarves in dresses tho.. quite a few thru the years which is perfectly fine, since I'm sure I've to add that so no one thinks I'm mocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    True, it might be anecdotal experience, but I haven't seen anyone either.. I've always seen dwarves in dresses tho.. quite a few thru the years which is perfectly fine, since I'm sure I've to add that so no one thinks I'm mocking.
    Haven't seen any bearded women here either, and I was on for like 12 hours yesterday.

I've also been curious why beards on women is more offensive than hypermasculine Dwarves in dresses. Both are fine with me, but I wonder why people are only complaining about the former.

let's face it, most people who will make a female with a beard will be doing it just because it's stupid or because they are trying to ruin the game experience of everyone else

To troll, to be specific. Do they want to turn the community into another league of legends or world of warcraft? Gatekeeping, toxicity, gold spam, cheaters, gankers, raid groups requiring 2600+ gearscore and linking completion achievements - are we getting that too?

tbh with the way LOTRO's community is, there should be a ban for that, just like there is for cursewords or other controversial stuff in character names

I would support this idea of a toggle or switch, IF they also include a toggle or switch that lets us see any character who has turned off women with beards portrayed in game as a giant squalling baby. I’d pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Halphast View Post
    Haven't seen any bearded women here either, and I was on for like 12 hours yesterday.

I've also been curious why beards on women is more offensive than hypermasculine Dwarves in dresses. Both are fine with me, but I wonder why people are only complaining about the former.
    Personally I don't find either offensive. But male & female dwarves being described as indistinguishable to other races eyes is part of the lore (unless I'm wrong.. I'm remembering a Gimli quote about how alike both genders are but I think it's in the Silmarillion too). I don't recall any references to human females with beards, so I personally couldn't place that in the lore.

I have, they were emoting around South Bree Stable with a....thematic outfit, character, name, and kin...and surprisingly quickly banned for all of them. The only use I've seen from this addition is for people to troll and be vulgar.

I would welcome an option to disable it. Middle Earth is better without the political psychosis that's gripped the world lately, the reminders and intrusions are very unwelcome.

In general I'd like the ability to use the old aesthetic for my human (and Beorning) characters who are now different in ways I don't like or want.
    "It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed,
    though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."

I've also been curious why beards on women is more offensive than hypermasculine Dwarves in dresses.
    It's not offensive, it's just inconsistent with the lore. Female beards, at least the ones that are in the game, are unachievable without pharmacological intervention - and there was no minoxidil back in the Fourth Age (or Third Age if we're talking Treebeard)

The ability for a woman to grow any beard is very rare, and it's usually a very thin beard, not like the ones that are in the game. Players shouldn't be allowed to create characters with superrare traits at will - just like you cannot create a supertall man because if they put a height slider with wide range, half of player characters would be on max. The same way you shouldn't be able to create a man from Bree with black skin and afro caribbean hair. In fact - looking at the history of stout axe dwarves and high elves, it'd make sense to make southern human a separate race with separate racials and starting zone.

And dwarves in dresses are a different thing - any tailor can make a dwarf-sized (or hobbit-sized) dress. While female beard is a sci-fi element that shouldn't be here.

Of course I'm against such recycling of models by scaling everything to fit all characters - some items were just not created with dwarves in mind and the dwarf model feels forced in, instead there should be a different item for dwarves. Such as the traditional celebratory dresses - they're not what dwarves traditionally wear for such celebrations, so dwarves should instead get a dwarven equivalent.

I want an option to turn off every single player character on every single server except my own, because all of you are lorebreaking except my character who is the One True Protagonist.

god this is next level childish

Quote Originally Posted by elvenes View Post
    I want an option to turn off every single player character on every single server except my own, because all of you are lorebreaking except my character who is the One True Protagonist.

god this is next level childish

And many would say the same thing as they read your post.

not really, because I am not the one throwing children's tantrums over a char creation OPTION

not really, because I am not the one throwing children's tantrums over a char creation OPTION
    Actually, you are.

Is it also "throwing children's tantrums" when someone gets banned for using OPTIONAL cheat software?

From what I understand, what you want is an OPTION to start your own private server with your own rules? If so, you are welcome to make a separate thread for that feedback, but I doubt it's going to happen considering how few games offer both MMO and private options. However nothing can be ruled out since LOTRO already has alternate-rules servers and in the future they might expand that idea, but for now there is little to no demand for invite-only servers. For now, you must understand that this is an MMO and you aren't here alone - just like there are people who would mind you smoking at a bus stop, there are also people who would mind you create a character that doesn't belong in Tolkien lore.

So why not then include other genetic abnormalities (beard being an abnormality) ie blue skin? It is only an OPTION.

And referring to said blue skinned character as Grand Admiral and riding on the grand ship Chimera are also merely OPTIONS.

Yet i see no one GM
    We don't have any answer about that drama from blue name too

Since they added Elrond's Tracery Collection to the store for the anniversary, I'm not sure why they didn't also add Galadriel's Beard Collection.

I mean, Gimli thinks Galadriel is hot stuff. Dwarves are used to bearded females. Therefore Galadriel must have a beard. Tolkien didn't say she doesn't.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a graveyard to go whistle past.

Probably because it's the hottest thing to complain about.

If we're being very honest with ourselves, alot of this "issue" should have several things included way before this update. But people didn't whine then.

I personally believe the people complaining about it are the minority, and just the most vocal. They have to complain because it's the only thing they can do other then accept the simple reality that this is an MMO that makes changes so very frequently for gameplay purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by WhimsicalPacifist View Post
    So why not then include other genetic abnormalities (beard being an abnormality) ie blue skin? It is only an OPTION.

And referring to said blue skinned character as Grand Admiral and riding on the grand ship Chimera are also merely OPTIONS.
    If LOTRO ops to do so, then great. Who wouldn't want to roleplay the Grand Admiral Thrawn badass of the Empire of the Hand.

More power to the players.

Quote Originally Posted by znul View Post
    It's not offensive, it's just inconsistent with the lore. Female beards, at least the ones that are in the game, are unachievable without pharmacological intervention - and there was no minoxidil back in the Fourth Age (or Third Age if we're talking Treebeard)

And dwarves in dresses are a different thing - any tailor can make a dwarf-sized (or hobbit-sized) dress. While female beard is a sci-fi element that shouldn't be here.

Of course I'm against such recycling of models by scaling everything to fit all characters - some items were just not created with dwarves in mind and the dwarf model feels forced in, instead there should be a different item for dwarves. Such as the traditional celebratory dresses - they're not what dwarves traditionally wear for such celebrations, so dwarves should instead get a dwarven equivalent.
    So are rune-keepers, Brawlers, hordes of hobbits leaving the shire. Us fighting a balrog and surviving when even Glorfindel died trying. Elves allowing dwarves entrance into Lothlorien.

Hobbit homes having dwarf, elf, beorning, and men home owners. The Rohirrim ignoring our elf characters as being elves and just being friendly to us. The Nameless being Aliens. Anything to do with Mordor's expansion.

And about 80% of the game.

Didn't break the game then, and frankly people didn't seem to mind so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Laithien View Post
    Actually, you are.
    not me dear. I'm perfectly fine with all the changes

They're clearly not going to turn them off/remove them, it's all said and done by this point. BUT... they are removing them from randomization on females. Ufff, good! Because it looked like some giant anti-ad. Though frankly, it really is something you should have thought of beforehand, SSG Protect that prestige/good image, so to speak, because small stuff matters sometimes, and these generations just looked plain ridiculous/impractical.

Though ideally you need to also add more hairstyles (something I guess you are aware of) and extending skin color options a bit more on the left... that would be good too, first because there are some of these shades missing for white avatars (like paler ones) and second because it's hard to click on/choose white/a bit tanned skin shades when they are just like 5-10% of the box, and third because they're such a small percentages overall... the generation will often create a darker skinned character It's a bit skewed in one direction only, as a result.

Oh.

Also.

@Cordovan @MoL anyone? so next patch will you also add some cool new origin options as well?

Quote Originally Posted by VanguardIV View Post
    So are rune-keepers, Brawlers, hordes of hobbits leaving the shire. Us fighting a balrog and surviving when even Glorfindel died trying. Elves allowing dwarves entrance into Lothlorien.

Hobbit homes having dwarf, elf, beorning, and men home owners. The Rohirrim ignoring our elf characters as being elves and just being friendly to us. The Nameless being Aliens. Anything to do with Mordor's expansion.

And about 80% of the game.
    that's just extensions of the original lore, like fan fiction. While female beards are a retcon, and a step towards the game becoming Rings of Power Online rather than Lord of the Rings Online.

There is no single argument for that change, and there are many against.

Quote Originally Posted by znul View Post
    that's just extensions of the original lore, like fan fiction. While female beards are a retcon, and a step towards the game becoming Rings of Power Online rather than Lord of the Rings Online.

There is no single argument for that change, and there are many against.
    You mean the classes that lore-purists found silly and lore-breaking? Those are expansions of the original lore?

And by "many against", do you mean the vocal minority who just keep spamming the forums repeatedly?

That's alot of copium if ever I saw one. And just as bad when those same people complained on why F2P shouldn't be changed.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast