We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    lol

also such a toggle is probably impossible to code effectively or cheaply, so deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by soltasword View Post
    If you are going to include ridiculous options like this in this game, at least make an option so we can turn these off. Or at least take the mmo out of the game and make it just a single player game. SSG, let's face it, most people who will make a female with a beard will be doing it just because it's stupid or because they are trying to ruin the game experience of everyone else. This game didn't need nor should it have ever gotten this option but here we are. Now that it is here, at least give us an option to turn it off so those of us who don't want to see it don't have to. This is a game, set in Tolkien's world and that is where we play this game. Women didn't wear beards back then and 99.9999999 percent of women today also don't wear beards. As a matter of fact, they spend millions every year to not have facial hair. So for the love of the world we play this game in, give us an option to turn beards off on females.

I am not saying to take away the option, just give us the option to not show them in game.

P.S. Disclaimer: what ever you want to do in real life, go for it. LOTRO is not real life, we don't need to see beards on females in this game.
    I envy people who have so few problems in their lives they can dedicate a r******* amount of time to complaining about there being too much character customization in an mmo. LoTR is not real. It is a fictional universe. Join us in reality and stop getting so angry over this s***. I haven't seen a woman in game with a beard yet, either. Some women have PCOS and grow facial hair, as well. PCOS would have existed back then, so f*** off.

Quote Originally Posted by burben View Post
    I envy people who have so few problems in their lives they can dedicate a r******* amount of time to complaining about there being too much character customization in an mmo. LoTR is not real. It is a fictional universe. Join us in reality and stop getting so angry over this s***. I haven't seen a woman in game with a beard yet, either. Some women have PCOS and grow facial hair, as well. PCOS would have existed back then, so f*** off.
    Thank you. Erasing someone because you don't like the way they look is all kinds of wrong.

Many things in this world not real. Sometimes you still threat them with respect and gain a lot of money (PJ and Lotr Trilogy as example), sometime you care less about lore and just lose money (Disney with SW, Amazon with RoP). Bible fictional universe too. But we still need respect believes from people who have faith in Bible. Again, if you don't see any female player with beard in game so far, why devs create this feature in first place? If no one need that, devs must confirm what they made mistake and just disable that function

Quote Originally Posted by Neinda View Post
    Thank you. Erasing someone because you don't like the way they look is all kinds of wrong.
    This feature have nothing with how YOU look.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiluh View Post
    Since lotro did not post my previous comment, or took it down... I will reiterate what I said. I don't like the update change, I think it will hurt the company greatly. They need to stick to their roots and not get political. Honestly, I don't like the bearded female dwarves either.
    See the thing is is that diversity is apolitical. It can be used as a political tool but there's nothing inherently political about how people look (or in this case the representative avatars). There's nothing political about a person who appears to be female who can grow substantial facial hair. It might be uncommon but that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

You accuse someone (who has just made a calm and measured argument), of being angry, and then launch into an irate and (I imagine), obscenity filled tirade in response.

The irony is astounding
    Last edited by Wolfhelm; May 01 2023 at 05:27 AM.
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
    - Will Rogers

they are right tho. and no, the argument is not calm and measured anymore. but it also doesn't matter anymore because 1) fem beards are here to stay so deal with it 2) this forum is going into the West soon, and so will this thread

Quote Originally Posted by elvenes View Post
    they are right tho. and no, the argument is not calm and measured anymore. but it also doesn't matter anymore because 1) fem beards are here to stay so deal with it 2) this forum is going into the West soon, and so will this thread
    Forum goes to read-only mode, but people will remember silence from devs

there's nothing they have to say, because it's a non issue. they've put a lock on character creation so randomized female avatars won't have beards randomized, that is a clear answer already

Yes, I'm sure you'd love to see it buried.
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
    - Will Rogers

I couldn't care less, i'm just laughing at all the little children here upset by it. But, it will be buried yes, simply for the fact that as these forums will go into read only and people will transition to the new ones, these will be forgotten with time. only obsessed people will go and dig up stuff from here for whatever other debate there will be in the futuere

I couldn't care less, i'm just laughing at all the little children here upset by it. But, it will be buried yes, simply for the fact that as these forums will go into read only and people will transition to the new ones, these will be forgotten with time. only obsessed people will go and dig up stuff from here for whatever other debate there will be in the futuere
    Situations where developers create something what they can't explain and just keep silence happens in the past and will happen in the future. Not funny in all where they fail to communicate with their community. Some day you will encounter that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    sometime you care less about lore and just lose money (Disney with SW, Amazon with RoP).
    Ermmmm, they didn't lose money. Sure, there was a lot of people that didn't like them, and there was much controversy involved around that, but, they turned healthy profits.

Bible fictional universe too. But we still need respect believes from people who have faith in Bible.
    Jesus is mainly depicted as white in the many films that pertain to the Bible. At least 90% of them, if not more. Whilst entertainment media tends to follow the stories written within the Bible, character casting is way off the mark.

Again, if you don't see any female player with beard in game so far, why devs create this feature in first place? If no one need that, devs must confirm what they made mistake and just disable that function

It's there because someone may want to use it. And no, they don't have to justify it to you, or disable/reverse it.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

14. May 01 2023, 12:58 PM

Situations where developers create something what they can't explain and just keep silence happens in the past and will happen in the future. Not funny in all where they fail to communicate with their community. Some day you will encounter that too.
    They already explained it, it's in the patch notes. What else do they have to say? They don't owe you any special reply.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Jesus is mainly depicted as white in the many films that pertain to the Bible.
    It's not as if it's just movies, people have been doing that for more than sixteen hundred years so it's just traditional.

17. May 01 2023, 02:05 PM

Ermmmm, they didn't lose money. Sure, there was a lot of people that didn't like them, and there was much controversy involved around that, but, they turned healthy profits.

Jesus is mainly depicted as white in the many films that pertain to the Bible. At least 90% of them, if not more. Whilst entertainment media tends to follow the stories written within the Bible, character casting is way off the mark.

It's there because someone may want to use it. And no, they don't have to justify it to you, or disable/reverse it.
    Jesus was a Jew, look at Jews, they are between white and lightly brown. So, the depiction in movies is not that much off. An actual Jew would have been of cause a better fit.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    Jesus was a Jew, look at Jews, they are between white and lightly brown. So, the depiction in movies is not that much off. An actual Jew would have been of cause a better fit.
    Yes, Jewish, born to Jewish parents of Nazareth. Olive to brown skin - not white. The Bible is the most historical book there is, and the most successful book ever written. Yet almost all films, some of which were extremely successful, depicted Jesus as a white man. It hasn't harmed the Bible, or what's written in it, in any way.

Bearded females and people of colour, in a video game, won't harm LotR, or what's written in it, in any way either.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

The Bible is the most historical book there is.
    Hardly.

Significant portions are outright fabrications.

Quote Originally Posted by Khazvere View Post
    Hardly.

Significant portions are outright fabrications.

For many of us, you have just insulted the Word of God, and of course this is deeply offensive (which I have no doubt was your intention).

However, attacking any person's Sacred Text (regardless of which Faith they subscribe to) has no place in these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Seregthol View Post
    has no place in these forums.
    Neither does assertions about ancient texts that are unsupported by history, archaeology, and textual criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Khazvere View Post
    Neither does assertions about ancient texts that are unsupported by history, archaeology, and textual criticism.

I would of course disagree. If you ever wish to actually discuss the basis for your accusations, feel free to DM me.

However, again, these forums are not the place to attack people's documents of Faith.

I don't see why LOTRO needed this cosmetic update. I thought the game was doing just fine without it.
    Server: Arkenstone
    Kinship: Fellowship of Grace

oh, this is where all the political discussion went after that other thread got locked? and by the looks of it maybe it's time to lock this one, too.

I couldn't care less either way, but, just to be 100% clear, I haven't seen a single woman in game with a beard since this update was made.

Maybe I'm in the wrong places at the wrong times, but I haven't seen a single one.

Now, the new skin tone and new hair style options, I have seen a lot of that used in game. The sheer number of variations for player characters in game seems great. Not a lot of cookie cutter look alikes running around anymore.

But as for beards... I simply haven't seen a single female with a beard in game yet. Not sure the demand was actually there. Maybe I'm wrong.

And, again... I don't care. I'm just pointing out that I haven't seen any yet.
    Pharone the Gnome
    Come watch me stream Lord of The Rings Online every night at https://twitch.tv/pharone
    Follow me on Twitter at @PharoneTheGnome
    Join my Discord server here.

Quote Originally Posted by Seregthol View Post
    these forums are not the place to attack people's documents of Faith.
    These forums are not the place to discuss faith or the supposed veracity of religious texts either.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast