We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Show off your new avatar! \o/

Lots of discussion going on about the new avatar customization but I haven't seen many actual screenshots! I'm personally reeeally happy with the new options and would love to see examples of newly updated toons you are pleased with! (already enough threads with dislike/upset...please find one of those if you'd like to add to the negative discussion )

Here's my new character, Alice Cheers!

Here's mine

Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

My Gondorian Cappy

My Rohirrim Brawler

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    My Rohirrim Brawler

Oh wow, you can make characters with odd eyes now? That's pretty cool.
    Paint the Sky with Stars

Didnt look for special lights, just took a picture

They should let people share a xml file containing the values for character appearence, so people could create some presets and share with the community. There are people that are very good with slides that can make some neat appearences, but not able to share them with easy is sad.

I don't play Race of Man much but i do have some so here one i updated when the Avatar changes came.

Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Post SSG and the search for ideal beauty

My Warden

My Captain

My Brawler

My Rune-keeper

I think the new Avatar update 2.0 (now only for humans) is really amazing, it is now possible to create characters that are very different from each other and not all the same, yes there are some small bugs to fix like some sliders that don't work barber that doesn't save all the changes made and resets every time you go there to change something, cosmetics that don't work well and animations that are a bit strange, and overall a great starting point for other breeds in the future, though Btw i think the old beards and hair need a little more love and need to be upgraded to the new system standards in the future, using an old model on a new face creates a weird effect and honestly doesn't do the whole system justice BTw if you try using one of the new hairstyles the effect and anything but.

BtW now when i play with my elf main hunter i am horrified to see him...because i can't play with all those sliders and options that are now on humans...now the other races in game look ugly and sad to me and devoid of personality... and as if on the one hand this update has given the beauty of the Valar to humans making them more beautiful than the elves themselves, and the elves have lost their beauty and grace... it's a strange thing but and that which I now seem to feel right now.

"It's time for epic adventures!"

Quote Originally Posted by paintpixie View Post
    Oh wow, you can make characters with odd eyes now? That's pretty cool.
    Yes dear and blinded to if you want.
    "It's time for epic adventures!"

Absolutely loving these! Everyone looks unique and like a true individual now

freckles freckles freckles freckles! <3

Quote Originally Posted by MerryCav View Post
    Absolutely loving these! Everyone looks unique and like a true individual now
    Maybe for faces yeah but IMO those aren't actually as important from further away, as you move though the world.

For example, from more immediately obvious features, every woman with same curly hairstyle now (or something "non-Western") because these are the only good looking ones now :P (Vs the old ones just looking plain bad in comparison)

So it kind of balanced itself out and still not as unique of an impression. Waiting until they add more options/upgrade old ones... they really need to at least add another batch of 20+ styles for the missing ones and hopefully the ones that belong in-universe. Plus, ideally, all of the cool beards/hairs/features for different established peoples of this game. I guess they could make it "a thing" and constantly expand the creation pool, say, if we go to Umbar = they add some Umbar/Haradrim beards and such in this release, based on the ones we already saw on NPCs.

Hopefully they learnt from that and they're going to finish Men properly, and only then move to other races and any work done on other race, hopefully, will be released complete and better balanced for choices.

My goal was to keep appearances much the same as previously. I'm happy with my LM and Hunter (first 2 images) but not as satisfied with my Captain yet (3rd image).

a couple of prototype looks I made for Harad/Umbar characters, for the upcoming expac

Thanks for sharing. Nice work.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Meet Hirenthas Horsemaster, Heroine Past and Present, your friendly neighborhood champion (if you play on Crickhollow)!
    Hirenthas/Deminwen on Crickhollow

Still working on a name, but beautiful thanks to the powers of random generation.

Last edited by WhimsicalPacifist; Apr 26 2023 at 11:05 PM.

My main character Aedon. Still do not have him to where I want him, but close.

Landroval Music Community
    Pouncival-Rank 15 aroo-Leader of the Pouncing Pwny
    We Pounce Because We Care

Quote Originally Posted by Aedon View Post
    My main character Aedon. Still do not have him to where I want him, but close.
    Looks good. Only a few slight differences from pre-revamp.

My two Man characters both received a fairly light touch at the barber and now they look like totally different people instead of brothers. The facial sliders open the door for tweaks that really help define your characters.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

This is my main Aedon, almost have him to where I want.

Landroval Music Community
    Pouncival-Rank 15 aroo-Leader of the Pouncing Pwny
    We Pounce Because We Care

Here's a bigger picture of my champion, and I just finished polishing Deminwen, my Gondorian valkyrie! (she's a warden)

Hirenthas/Deminwen on Crickhollow

Caspian's a very dear character who's come with me through multiple games. Prior to this update it was virtually impossible to do him justice in LOTRO, but now I'm pleasantly surprised (and thrilled) by how close I can get to his actual features.

Finally got the cheeks, the skin tone, the freckles, and the hair right. Now if there was only a height slider.

I haven't updated my two rohan ladies yet, but they're just going to have more obvious golden hair and some cheekbone and jaw and nose tweaks, nothing major. Oh and I should play around with my alt account's humans...

Can't wait to do my elves.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast