We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Game Download Problem with High Res - any solutions?

Returning to LOTRO and attempted to download the game on a PC. I got stuck on a file (on of the highres files but don't remember the specific one.
    Tried to download the same 5 or 6 times with no success.

My next step was to delete all, restart my computer and start over. Sadly, the download stuck on "client_highres_aux_2.datx " file on my second attempt.

Any suggestions to overcome this problem?

Thanks in advance

Sometimes when the installer/launcher gets stuck, you can hit the PAUSE button, wait one minute, then un-pause and it will continue normally from there.

If that doesn't work or you don't have the option to pause, restart your computer and run the installer executable as administrator.

Thanks. I did finally get the game to download with a fresh install. But I have run into a new problem.

Once I select the World and press "Play" the app shuts down completely.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by afuturestrader View Post
    Once I select the World and press "Play" the app shuts down completely.
    There are a lot of reasons that could be happening. It would help a lot to know some details about your system: CPU (including if it has integrated graphics), GPU, RAM, version of Windows, etc.

One of the most common reasons the game client fails to launch is because the game client fails to use your computer's discrete graphics card. Take a look at this thread and try the same steps:
    https://forums.lotro.com/forums/show...t-DX-10-and-11

If that works out for you, great! If not, start a new thread in PC Technical Support and I or someone else will help you there.

I had the same problem for the longest time. I had to get the help of a Dell technician to fix it (thank goodness I bought the extended warranty). For me, it was the presence of an extra, older Windows system on my computer that hadn't been properly deleted when Windows upgraded from 10 to 11. On attempting to enter the game my system would then attempt to load the Alienware Command Center settings for the game (the add-on that comes with Alienware systems that allow you to tweak system settings like overclocking and external lights). The computer would then get confused by this and would freeze up. I had to wipe my disk totally clean and do a full reinstall of the factory state. That fixed it right up.
    The generation of random numbers is too important to be left to chance.