We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    istvana is offline Legendary forums 1st poster

Demise of Shadowfax

Thank you for the announcement making official that when the server hit 140 it would be eliminated and we would get free transfers off.

My guess is that the server will have 1-3 months of active life after the cap is reached May 3, but transfers will be allowed until the end of the year even after the server is closed to play.

This post is to put a plug in for leaving it available for more than the minimum period (presumably the end of May). In terms of the players on it now you have no real reason to care very much - there are too few of us - but a generous exit period to let people that may not play 24/7 achieve whatever goals they had on the server in terms of frames or titles or the like will be received positively on Treebeard and will encourage more than a few of us to go to any new legendary servers you choose to make available now that we will only have a single one.

Players might hope that when the free transfers go live the need for VIP sub goes away for existing characters there; to aid proper disembarkation, also prevent new character creations for those without VIP.

Quote Originally Posted by DoRonRon View Post
    Players might hope that when the free transfers go live the need for VIP sub goes away for existing characters there; to aid proper disembarkation, also prevent new character creations for those without VIP.
    If it works like anor did, it will require VIP until the very end.

My guess is they will let it run until the RT closes, at the very least, so players that have started it, can finish it.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

The reward track closes in the middle of May - I cannot even imagine them not giving until the end of the month and I am hoping for a few more months.

Quote Originally Posted by istvana View Post
    The reward track closes in the middle of May - I cannot even imagine them not giving until the end of the month and I am hoping for a few more months.
    There was about 2 months between closing announcement and closing of Anor (ithil had <1 month). I also believe it was at the level cap for 2 or 3 months. It will definitely make it past the current reward track.

Anor closed about two weeks into season 3's reward track, though. So keep that in mind as a likely possibility. I'm not sure the server will make it to august for the end of season 6 but as long as you claim rewards before you transfer you can then redo the season track on your new server and get double rewards.

But they'll probably give 1-2 months warning before closing the server.

So Shadowfax get Gundabad and Before the Shadow, but never get Carn Dum?

I have been assuming we would get everything this coming week but that was just an assumption. Not an issue for me given my goals for the server's final month(s).

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    So Shadowfax get Gundabad and Before the Shadow, but never get Carn Dum?
    They get ALL level 140 content currently available on the live servers as well, so including Carn Dum.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    They get ALL level 140 content currently available on the live servers as well, so including Carn Dum.
    But launcher mention only Gundabad and Before the Shadow, without Carn Dum

I noticed that too Elmagor but I would make a good bet that Maartena is right.