We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    They already give players the option with 50+ Level Eriador cards.

OD can be done on 65 level T1, you don't need to done that on 100 level
    That option does not have all rewards. It is 2 trifles, mostly the raid one that prevent players from getting ALL rewards. They are all fluff so nothing like t2 seasonal instance rewards. Fluff should not be locked behind instances.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    That option does not have all rewards. It is 2 trifles, mostly the raid one that prevent players from getting ALL rewards. They are all fluff so nothing like t2 seasonal instance rewards. Fluff should not be locked behind instances.
    That's why they have 2 option. 1st option for people who can do it solo without much efforts. 2nd for people who want work harder, put more efforts and get more rewards. Fluff must be locked behind instances because this is MMO and we have group content. SSG even don't go hardcore, you don't need beat Draigoch or complete challenge. You don't need beat Balrog or Saruman at T2 and complete challenge. They create most easy possible way to you to get reward and you still want to see it even more easy.

Still you talking about changing instance/creating new version of instance with different mechanic for 21 days just because someone lazy enough to find other 5 people in WC to help him in 5 min. And after this person done Draigoch, he need to reach Saruman and Balrog in OD. That means clearing instances and beating at least 1 boss. You consider changing this instances too for 21 days? Of maybe someone need to put some efforts and change his approach to game if he want to reach his goals?

Player talking like this is impossible task, still I seen people doing this in WC every day.
    There are solo versions of almost all the raids used in the anniversary event. Nothing needs to be remade.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Maybe we need body sliders that mean we can drop the floor with only four others, or solo if taken to max?

Despite the changes they might struggle to represent all the body types at the keyboard however.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    There are solo versions of almost all the raids used in the anniversary event. Nothing needs to be remade.
    Anniversary event almost never cover any stuff in Gondor and above. You don't need 100+ level to complete all of that. You just need some amount of time and 5 friends to done it all. If someone play solo Lotro for 10+ years and now it's time to find some friends so he can't be alone in this world anymore - it's good, right?

The thing is you kind of had to have done them before to rationalise if you can wangle a way to achieve the objective. Running the Murmak lanes to get a look at Ivar; almost all is stretching it a bit.

Just to complete the 10 year deed on a lowbie involved a load of mechanics finagling to bypass loads of barriers. That's bringing 10 years built up experience to even suppose it was possible. Bit mute, as I believe more barriers have been put in to prevent it now. Later comers are really not the type to explore limits though.

Anniversary event almost never cover any stuff in Gondor and above. You don't need 100+ level to complete all of that. You just need some amount of time and 5 friends to done it all. If someone play solo Lotro for 10+ years and now it's time to find some friends so he can't be alone in this world anymore - it's good, right?
    No. And by going back on group requirements for the epic (best move ever) they have admitted that it is not easy to find groups in older content. Just 5 friends who know the mechanics for 4 or 5 raids and have the time to do all of them in this limited window.

That's why they have 2 option. 1st option for people who can do it solo without much efforts. 2nd for people who want work harder, put more efforts and get more rewards. Fluff must be locked behind instances because this is MMO and we have group content. SSG even don't go hardcore, you don't need beat Draigoch or complete challenge. You don't need beat Balrog or Saruman at T2 and complete challenge. They create most easy possible way to you to get reward and you still want to see it even more easy.
    Oh, but they do need to beat the balrog. They need the final boss of OD, and to get there, they need to finish Wound wing, Fear Wing, Disease Wing, Fear wing, and also get past Ivar. To a non raider, that is no simple task.

Do you know what this means? Without googling it?

facile est si scis

It is only easy, if you know it.

Where are these solo versions? I know I can solo some because I'm high level but mechanics of others can't be done no matter how high level.

Where are these solo versions? I know I can solo some because I'm high level but mechanics of others can't be done no matter how high level.
    There are solo quests, that tie into the same stories as the raids, is what I meant. For example, a player can see Thorog in a solo instance in the Misty Mountains.

Oh, but they do need to beat the balrog. They need the final boss of OD, and to get there, they need to finish Wound wing, Fear Wing, Disease Wing, Fear wing, and also get past Ivar. To a non raider, that is no simple task.

Do you know what this means? Without googling it?

facile est si scis

It is only easy, if you know it.
    With 65 level OD you need ~15 min per wing if you have enough high levels.

There are solo quests, that tie into the same stories as the raids, is what I meant. For example, a player can see Thorog in a solo instance in the Misty Mountains.
    Not many though and some don't even count. The ones that are hard to get like OD, Draigoch, Mistress...are not available.

because someone lazy enough to find other 5 people in WC to help him in 5 min.
    Snipped your quote to the part I wanted to address.

As the OP, I'm assuming you're calling me "lazy", for not stretching my game-time and ambitions to meet those you perceive as adequate? Not wanting to complete a 'holiday' event by learning 6 man raids (their prerequisites) or being the 'noob' who doesn't know how to do them and/or internet searching to make sure I don't mess it up for everyone else there?

When I read the term "lazy"..I actually chuckled a bit, as I usually call myself "lazy" if I'm spending *too* many hours in my chair on my rear-end playing games instead of working, mowing the lawn, running errands, etc. My lazy days are my game days.

I understand raiders (I used to be one 10 years ago in another game) but will not/do not spend that time to master/gear/learn them now. I play games at my pace with no added pressure to my life (there's always enough, eh?) ..and it isn't raiding. I love holidays..fun stuff, normally mundane, chase a chicken or in this case, envelopes, to get a token. I posted because this event excludes those who don't know or are uncomfortable with raids (which are just one very small part of the whole gigantic game).

So sure, call me "lazy" for not pouring more time into sitting on my butt playing and knowing all about raids in this game ...I'll accept it and be proud of it.
    Last edited by MerryCav; Apr 30 2023 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MerryCav View Post
    Snipped your quote to the part I wanted to address.

As the OP, I'm assuming you're calling me "lazy", for not stretching my game-time and ambitions to meet those you perceive as adequate? Not wanting to complete a 'holiday' event by learning 6 man raids (their prerequisites) or being the 'noob' who doesn't know how to do them and/or internet searching to make sure I don't mess it up for everyone else there?

When I read the term "lazy"..I actually chuckled a bit, as I usually call myself "lazy" if I'm spending *too* many hours in my chair on my rear-end playing games instead of working, mowing the lawn, running errands, etc. My lazy days are my game days.

I understand raiders (I used to be one 10 years ago in another game) but will not/do not spend that time to master/gear/learn them now. I play games at my pace with no added pressure to my life (there's always enough, eh?) ..and it isn't raiding. I love holidays..fun stuff, normally mundane, chase a chicken or in this case, envelopes, to get a token. I posted because this event excludes those who don't know or are uncomfortable with raids (which are just one very small part of the whole gigantic game).

So sure, call me "lazy" for not pouring more time into sitting on my butt playing and knowing all about raids in this game ...I'll accept it and be proud of it.
    You don't need learn anything special. Just have some friends. You don't need to be raider to complete 65 level OD. Times where OD was hard was gone many many years ago. Instances not very small part of the whole gigantic game, it's fairly big part. You need follow really basic instructions to complete OD/Orthank/Draigoch, you even don't need to have Discord.

You don't need learn anything special. Just have some friends. You don't need to be raider to complete 65 level OD. Times where OD was hard was gone many many years ago. Instances not very small part of the whole gigantic game, it's fairly big part. You need follow really basic instructions to complete OD/Orthank/Draigoch, you even don't need to have Discord.
    Many, many years ago for some! But for others...they've (I've) never done it.

"Go with friends" or anything suggesting to just pug it doesn't help the issue. Some people play this game for themselves. Speaking for myself, I accept and never expect to get raid achievements or rewards for the raids themselves/or gear/or anything and I don't care! This thread was about a HOLIDAY event and its achievement... Something that normally means...acting a part on a hobbit stage, picking up eggs laid by chickens, or making a snowman. 6 man raid requirements just don't fit that box...and don't fit solo minded players. Raiders like raids...great! Solo players like..solo content (like holidays) ..that should be great enough too as I'm sure we/they are helping pay the bills and should have a voice.
    Last edited by MerryCav; Apr 30 2023 at 06:28 PM.

I'm surprised this idea hasn't been mentioned yet:

Back when I and a couple friends were doing these instances, once we got to the target and did our emotes, everyone else would drop and I would invite folks in World Chat to come in to see Saruman, Draigoch, Mistress, or whoever was needed. ("Such and such cleared to Boss, come use your festival emote!") Many people took up the offer. A lot of people actually offered this, and I was able to take advantage of it on a few alts myself the following year. Unfortunately, I haven't seen anyone doing it this year, although I'm not on 24/7, so maybe they are.
    My advice to you is not to inquire why or whither, but just enjoy your ice cream while it's on your plate. ~Thornton Wilder

Needs someone abled to deliver those instructions. Are you going to have them "friend" you and be at the end of a /tell for ever more? Kind of been there done all that with kinnies and still they quit the game at 75 and 85 and 95, the few who made it passed 100 all gone now.

Could up the reward of the 50 hunt to include the Keg I suppose. Failing that do some deal with another player to place their spare Keg in your house. Hover over the permissions window though.

Quote Originally Posted by Starliteyes View Post
    I'm surprised this idea hasn't been mentioned yet:

Back when I and a couple friends were doing these instances, once we got to the target and did our emotes, everyone else would drop and I would invite folks in World Chat to come in to see Saruman, Draigoch, Mistress, or whoever was needed. ("Such and such cleared to Boss, come use your festival emote!") Many people took up the offer. A lot of people actually offered this, and I was able to take advantage of it on a few alts myself the following year. Unfortunately, I haven't seen anyone doing it this year, although I'm not on 24/7, so maybe they are.
    Sadly such idea working only with Saruman. If you have save you can invite people to target boss and use emote. We done that few times in the past

With Draigoch, you still need run to last platform and avoid fire breath all the way down

With OD, you need to be alive when all both last bosses in both wings die to get access to last wing. Yes, you can invite people target Gortheron Golem and get their reward, but they need complete wings in first place to get access to central wing

Quote Originally Posted by DoRonRon View Post
    Needs someone abled to deliver those instructions. Are you going to have them "friend" you and be at the end of a /tell for ever more? Kind of been there done all that with kinnies and still they quit the game at 75 and 85 and 95, the few who made it passed 100 all gone now.

Could up the reward of the 50 hunt to include the Keg I suppose. Failing that do some deal with another player to place their spare Keg in your house. Hover over the permissions window though.
    When I play Lotro my kinship was alive all time between 2010 and 2016. In 2016 they all transfer to Ark. I stay in Brandy, find other kinship and basically complete everything with whole new friends and whole new core raid teams. So yes, I know your feeling. Well, I even consider few times during that discussion to add that people in my friendlist, grab healer and help them reach poor Dragon

Not many though and some don't even count. The ones that are hard to get like OD, Draigoch, Mistress...are not available.
    My point to the poster was to recognise your point, that there are solo version of these bosses in the game, and it would make sense if solo players could emote those as part of the event.

I also have a quick suggestion for you, which works quite well if you are running a few alts through the anniversary. At any point that you are logged in on any alt, it is day time, stop what you are doing and log the rest of your alts in to pick up the daytime firework quest in Bree. Then log back to your original alt and carry on questing. That quest works during the night as well as the day, so when other alts are logging in and evening has arrived, they will have two firework related quests to do in Bree.

Oh, and if anyone in here plays on Evernight and wants a hand, send Arnenna a mail in game, or a tell if I'm online, or a message here on the forum while it's still here. I'll help out. I'm sure I can grab another 4 to open doors, then we can just duo the rest if they wish to leave.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2