We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Cannot slot new tracery into LI after removing old one

Hello everyone

Surprisingly, having an issue here, of which I expected no problem at all.

I paid the Mithril coin to remove a Word Of Mastery tracery that was useless in one of my LI's, and then went on to replace it with Lightning Storm Damage- Word Of Mastery tracery, and the game said I cannot slot that tracery. I checked, and double checked I did not have that tracery in either LI.

I am running Blue line LM, so I thought maybe we are not allowed to add Word Of Mastery traceries that are dealing with skills outside of our main Spec, so then I tried one that affects a Blue line skill, and made sure I did not already have it on either LI, nope, it would not allow it. I tried one more that I didn't have in the LI's, again, would not do it.

And so, found that it seems all the game will let me do is put the tracery back in that I took out.

I read the wiki over again, seems this should not be happening. Is this a possible bug?

Only other thing I can think of is using a scroll to remove everything from the LI and try it again, but I really don't want to do that without knowing it would likely work.

Any help greatly appreciated
    The banner of The Lord will fly, as it has been, as it is, and as it ever will be.

All Word Of Mastery tracery unique, that means if one of your equiped LI have that tracery (Lightning Storm Damage), you can't slot it into other LI

As far as I know, there are only two ways that make a tracery unslotable:
    - trying to slot a unique tracery that you already have slotted in either LI - which you say you checked;
    - trying to slot a tracery that is the wrong level for your LI. This is a mistake that is easy to make because of the clumsy UI of tracery bartering.

If none of these apply you may have found a bug that I haven't read about before, in which case your option is to file a support request and have a couple of weeks patience. Depending on subscription status, ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Oghran View Post
    - trying to slot a unique tracery that you already have slotted in either LI - which you say you checked;
    - trying to slot a tracery that is the wrong level for your LI. This is a mistake that is easy to make because of the clumsy UI of tracery bartering.

If none of these apply you may have found a bug that I haven't read about before, in which case your option is to file a support request and have a couple of weeks patience. Depending on subscription status, ofc.
    I think if you slot tracery with wrong level, you get message about wrong level. So it's hard to miss

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    All Word Of Mastery tracery unique, that means if one of your equiped LI have that tracery (Lightning Storm Damage), you can't slot it into other LI
    Thank you for the reply

I don't have the tracery slotted on my two LI's. And I tried other ones that I don't have as well, nothing is working but the original tracery that I removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Oghran View Post

Thank you

I'll check the level of the tracery and the LI.

If nothing works, I will contact support.

Thanks again!
    The banner of The Lord will fly, as it has been, as it is, and as it ever will be.

It is the level of the traceries.

Thank you Oghran for pointing out this possibility.

I did double check the error message when trying to slot the low level traceries, it simply said basically 'Can't do that', it did not indicate the issue was due to tracery level.

Thanks again, Topic Solved