We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by TesalionLortus View Post
    I can't imagine Rohan without mounted experience of combat and chasing after enemies, it would be like anti-thesis of Rohan and its plains, and very boring
    But can you imagine Rohan without dark skinned characters with afro hairstyles, or it can be anti-thesis of Rohan too?

Quote Originally Posted by infinitewhimsy View Post
    I remember people saying the same thing during the RoR exodus. And during the BB exodus, etc...
    I just returned not too long ago to play LOTRO again and invested in the new expansion and some other things. But now it is with a heavy heart that I will not be returning unless the developers revert some of the characters options they've pushed through. The options that help characters transition to their self-identified gender just isn't something I can get onboard with. I know that these days having this sort of thing is being normalized everywhere, but I was hoping that in LOTRO this didn't have to be the case, too.
    Server: Arkenstone
    Kinship: Fellowship of Grace

Quote Originally Posted by TesalionLortus View Post
    The dated looking options would need to be fixed, yes. And then there is also the previously raised matter of auto-generation with 90% chance to generate a darker skinned character, rarely white skinned, and how white skin tones aren't exactly as rich for choices, and such a footnote on the bar now. So yes, it's certainly perplexing and not well balanced. Plus the bug with white characters ears being utterly ugly covered in some weird darkness and rot

Still, these were brand new systems/type of instances, and both had a role in lore/story of the game. It doesn't take much to be an "apologist" for them, and even if some were not satisfied, it's not like worldbuilding suffered for some or anything like it. So I would compare them more to missions/delvings, which are kind of the same (albeit apparently better received), not the recent stir. (I mean, technically, though of course one could compare them in terms of a drama event that can cause a player to potentially quit)
    I don't think this will happen anytime soon. They have 3 other races to get to. I just hope they are doing a better job with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    But can you imagine Rohan without dark skinned characters with afro hairstyles, or it can be anti-thesis of Rohan too?
    Well, at least this doesn't affect/diminish one's experience of a region and its war culture in actual content as much, but there should still be some pointers through text in the creation panel, to describe specific cultures in their right context. They usually had such and such eyes, hairs and skin, that sort of thing and pointers, not just based on Tolkien but on the game depiction as well.

I'm really liking the new options. Do wish there were more sliders for the body shape, feels a bit hard to get it just right with just one slider controlling the entire body.

Seriously, this is an issue??? smfh

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcrown View Post
    Seriously, this is an issue??? smfh
    I'd be worried if no one had any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Arglenn View Post
    I just returned not too long ago to play LOTRO again and invested in the new expansion and some other things. But now it is with a heavy heart that I will not be returning unless the developers revert some of the characters options they've pushed through. The options that help characters transition to their self-identified gender just isn't something I can get onboard with. I know that these days having this sort of thing is being normalized everywhere, but I was hoping that in LOTRO this didn't have to be the case, too.
    Bye then. Hope you find your safe space.

istvana is offline Legendary forums 1st poster
    Wanting Middle Earth to look like ....Middle Earth and not the real world has something to do with safe space? Interesting.

Wow.

Well, you're honest at least.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Yes, what a shame your phobia could not be accommodated. Oh well, toodle-oo.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Neonisys View Post
    Seriously good stuff, more options for characters benefits everyone and is wonderfully includive and a uniformally good move. Keep it up.
    Same! I'm really enjoying the options, especially that new pretty curly hairstyle! I've been playing since 2008 and we've needed more options for awhile. Also makes me happy that as a person of colour I'm able to create characters that look a bit more like me in RL!
    - Protecting Hobbit and Elf Friends since 2008!

I like the changes. When I have time to use them, I will.

Anyone not liking them doesn't have to use them. Checked and it is entirely possible to make the same generic choices as before, just don't touch the other sliders.

It seems to me that some aren't really objecting to having too many choices, but that they may have to look at something they have some personal problem with. eh, too bad.

Hopefully the options become expanded as some before me have suggested, and yes, fix the bugs that were introduced, but as I know these last two can take time - bugs first please.
    Irritating people? USE the Ignore feature under Community > Friends & Contacts > Edit Ignore List and ADD THEM there. Or, click this - EDIT IGNORE LIST. Btw, MMO never meant "all together now". It simply means a server capable of supporting simultaneous play of hundreds or even thousands of players. Anything else is false narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Varmintkiller View Post
    Well, at times, it's almost like the two sides on completely opposite ends of the spectrum want their own phobias accommodated, with very little room left for meaningful discussion or compromises.

Quote Originally Posted by istvana View Post
    Wanting Middle Earth to look like ....Middle Earth and not the real world has something to do with safe space? Interesting.
    Apparently so. Weird, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Alefroth View Post
    Bye then. Hope you find your safe space.
    I doubt I will, but thank you. It's the thought that counts. Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Wow.

Well, you're honest at least.
    Thank you. I aim to please.

Quote Originally Posted by Varmintkiller View Post
    That's a fairly common conclusion to jump to and that's ok. I didn't really expect to find any middle ground with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarawenn View Post
    Same! I'm really enjoying the options, especially that new pretty curly hairstyle! I've been playing since 2008 and we've needed more options for awhile. Also makes me happy that as a person of colour I'm able to create characters that look a bit more like me in RL!
    Same! I got a couple more character slots just to have fun with all the new options. My old Grandma character finally has her curly hair too!

Been playing as this Fella! Rioberto (Or Rio for short) I do wish the beards matched the hair color better.

Quote Originally Posted by Neonisys View Post
    Seriously good stuff, more options for characters benefits everyone and is wonderfully includive and a uniformally good move. Keep it up.
    I love new options, and I understand the the addition of new hairstyles. I'm with you all the way on this. I like it.

But beards on women? That's just wacko.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Quote Originally Posted by DavidmeetHal View Post
    I love new options, and I understand the the addition of new hairstyles. I'm with you all the way on this. I like it.

But beards on women? That's just wacko.
    Agreed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2