We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Return of 140 Valar?

Was hoping this store item would be available again after the sale. Was not playing the game at the time. Any reason why it was a limited sale?

istvana is offline Legendary forums 1st poster
    Personally I have no interest in this item but I note that the announcement that it was available never mentioned that it was for a very limited time period. Since it was not on sale quite a few people that I know of simply put it on mental call-up to look at in the future, only to find that it disappeared almost immediately. It would be nice to give them another chance at it. If you put it back for a week fine but next time please say so in the announcement.

When the 140 Valar was offered for sale, the announcement specified a limited time:
    https://forums.lotro.com/forums/show...April-6th-13th
    “Now Available: Level 140 Valar Limited Time Only!
    Also, save 20% on select Valars now - April 13th”

I don’t see the point of making it limited time only. If people want to buy it, let them, I see nothing game-breaking about them and those sales will often be accompanied by LOTRO Point sales which means money for SSG.

In any case, the 140 Valar is certain to become available permanently in the store when the next expansion raises the level cap to 150 and almost as certain that it will be one of the perks included for purchasing a premium version of that expansion.

istvana is offline Legendary forums 1st poster
    The original announcement which was not simply the usual weekly sale message and was more visible did not say limited time only. Otherwise I agree.

FOMO. Gotta push a sense of urgency so people will spend spend spend. Can't just let people take their time to think. They might decide not to, or forget, or wait for a better sale.