We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Spotted Corgi Pet Contest is for Americans Only???

According to the Rules for this new Spotted Corgi Contest:

1. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to everyone eighteen (18) and over at the time of entry who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories and possessions)

To enter the contest you must Agree to the rules.

I DO hope this is just a mistake.
    "Life is a pretty boring game, but at least it has good graphics"

they answered on twitter about this https://twitter.com/lotro/status/1653545565597171714

I remember corgi giveaway in summer 2022, I remember Cordovan posting what he announce winners on next week, but I don't remember post where he announce winners. Maybe he done that in twitter too

Quote Originally Posted by miriadel View Post
    they answered on twitter about this https://twitter.com/lotro/status/1653545565597171714
    Thanks for the info!

I just read this "tweet" .... and replied. Apparently they are still okay with non-USA residents being required to lie and or break the law in order to enter this contest.

No mention was made of them altering the requirements. I'm Canadian. Oh well, it's just a corgi, I'll just dye some spots on the other one I have and fake it
    "Life is a pretty boring game, but at least it has good graphics"

There are certain legal words and writing required to do this giveaway. That said, there's no point in the process where we ask nor care about your location, since we aren't actually mailing a physical product. Even if we had a way to know whether you were from the U.S. or not we wouldn't care.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    There are certain legal words and writing required to do this giveaway. That said, there's no point in the process where we ask nor care about your location, since we aren't actually mailing a physical product. Even if we had a way to know whether you were from the U.S. or not we wouldn't care.
    Thank God because I live in Middle Earth, and I am not certain just where this America is people speak of
    Pharone the Gnome
    Come watch me stream Lord of The Rings Online every night at https://twitch.tv/pharone
    Follow me on Twitter at @PharoneTheGnome
    Join my Discord server here.