We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Reputation Crafting List

I can smelt the nickle now, but havent been back to Gath Forthnir (sp) to see if there is a new metalsmith recipe, like the Bree spear for woodworkers. that is finally in game. dont have a weaponsmith so no clue as to Wardens.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000007798/01006/signature.png]Sinamin[/charsig]
    Madmac Dorftosser- 50 Man Cpt GM Armorsmith
    Geedubya Underbush-52 Burglar GM Tinker
    [B]FOUNDER [/B]6 Long St., Uxbridge, Nimrodel

Quote Originally Posted by Madmac51 View Post
    I can smelt the nickle now, but havent been back to Gath Forthnir (sp) to see if there is a new metalsmith recipe, like the Bree spear for woodworkers. that is finally in game. dont have a weaponsmith so no clue as to Wardens.
    So you didn't have to go anywhere to get the Ancient Nickel Recipe, you just already knew it?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000016e4/01001/signature.png]Danegar[/charsig]

yes, Turbine put those recipes in my crafting log. nickle ore, and blackash heartwood, under stand the same with the moonstone if u are at that level.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000007798/01006/signature.png]Sinamin[/charsig]
    Madmac Dorftosser- 50 Man Cpt GM Armorsmith
    Geedubya Underbush-52 Burglar GM Tinker
    [B]FOUNDER [/B]6 Long St., Uxbridge, Nimrodel

Quote Originally Posted by Madmac51 View Post
    yes, Turbine put those recipes in my crafting log. nickle ore, and blackash heartwood, under stand the same with the moonstone if u are at that level.
    Great to hear, thanks
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000016e4/01001/signature.png]Danegar[/charsig]

:: Bump Instead of Sticky ::

I'm a Metalsmith so I hit Gath Forthnir after the patch and the recipe/quest that uses nickel "Icon of Heroes" was available.
    Currently residing on Nimrodel:
    Thanaebor, Guardian of the Realm of Gondor.

:: Bows and gives great thanks for the sticky ::

Do you have to be acquaintance to get the Ancient Nickel Recipe for Metalsmith?

Quote Originally Posted by unmovedmover View Post
    Do you have to be acquaintance to get the Ancient Nickel Recipe for Metalsmith?
    No, my level 32 GM Jeweler has Polish Moonstone and hasn't done any rep at all.

Ok I reach Kindred Lvl in elves of rivendell reputation and all i get are some ****** jewelry and a trait bonus.What a ripoff dont waist your time with this one.You think you would get a superior study elseware

Quote Originally Posted by WickedElement View Post
    Ok I reach Kindred Lvl in elves of rivendell reputation and all i get are some ****** jewelry and a trait bonus.What a ripoff dont waist your time with this one.You think you would get a superior study elseware
    There is a superior study inside the Mathom House in the Shire once you reach the rep level that allows you to enter. As for the rewards, you should have been able to see everything that was available once you had access to the rep vendors and decided it wasn't worth pursuing then. At least you can get a discount on your repairs now.
    [COLOR=black][B]Brandywine:[/B]
    Regan - 65 Captain | Caitriona - 65 Lore-master [/COLOR][COLOR=black]| [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Norah - 65 Hunter | [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Mona - 65 Minstrel
    Una - 65 Champion [/COLOR][COLOR=black]| [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Cieara - 65 Rune-keeper | [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Arienh - 42 Burglar | Faoileann - 21 Warden[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black] [SIZE=1] 1 & 2 Waterbank Road, Tund Lóriel, Falathlorn Homesteads[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=black][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Caitriona_Aine View Post
    There is a superior study inside the Mathom House in the Shire once you reach the rep level that allows you to enter. As for the rewards, you should have been able to see everything that was available once you had access to the rep vendors and decided it wasn't worth pursuing then. At least you can get a discount on your repairs now.
    so, you have to get access to the cooking ones to get access to a superior study that is not in rivendell.. that's just wrong, I think they should move it or put another one in..

13. Oct 14 2007, 02:01 PM

Reason
    wrong topic

I've read through the lorebook and forums searching for the answers to two questions on reputation, but cannot find, can someone please set me straight?

1) I have seen people refer to the "reputation recipes" but so far have only seen recipes (both in game and in post information) that allow me to craft items for more reputation. Are there other recipes that you get when you get higher rep, recipes that make items to wear or eat or use somehow?

2) Once I raise my rep high enough to gain access to the recipes and I going to get a physical scroll or something? If so is it BoA? Meaning, I have a 45th lev character who is able to grind all the rep items if she wants , and some lev 20 alt crafters. Do I have to raise all my crafters to 28-35 th level to do their own rep griding? Or can my 45 th level grind and just pass the items down to the alts? I want to know before using up all my hard acquired rep items on a character who wont be able to use the recipes once she gets access to them.

Please answer if you know, and please don't just refer me to the Lorebook, I have read through the entire rep section and it doesn't answer these questions. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by skunky27 View Post
    1) I have seen people refer to the "reputation recipes" but so far have only seen recipes (both in game and in post information) that allow me to craft items for more reputation. Are there other recipes that you get when you get higher rep, recipes that make items to wear or eat or use somehow?
    Metalsmiths (Thorin's) and Weaponsmiths (Bree) can buy a recipe when they have the proper standing that allows them to craft repair anvils that can be used out in the field. The anvils are BoA when crafted so you can't sell them or trade them to friends and they have an extremely long cooldown on them. Tailors can also buy dwarven herald armament recipes for Captains as well when they have the appropriate standing from Thorin's. As far as I know, those are the only non-rep item recipes available. The food, viola, jewelry etc. recipes only create the rep items for turn-in and can't be used or equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by skunky27 View Post
    2) Once I raise my rep high enough to gain access to the recipes and I going to get a physical scroll or something? If so is it BoA? Meaning, I have a 45th lev character who is able to grind all the rep items if she wants , and some lev 20 alt crafters. Do I have to raise all my crafters to 28-35 th level to do their own rep griding? Or can my 45 th level grind and just pass the items down to the alts? I want to know before using up all my hard acquired rep items on a character who wont be able to use the recipes once she gets access to them.
    The crafting recipes that make reputation items (for the most part) are only available if your character has that profession. For example, the Jeweller recipes from Thorin's Hall are only available to you if your character is a Tinker. If your character is an Explorer, only the quests to turn in dropped reputation items will be available so you wouldn't be able to collect, say, the Woodworking recipes from Bree to send to your Woodsman alt.

There are a couple of recipes that are automatically granted as you level, like Nickel Iron ingots and Polished Moonstones, but I believe you still can't use them to create reputation items unless you have the appropriate profession. The crafted items themselves are BoA so you cannot pass them along to alts or sell them. I don't know for sure, but even if you had two characters with the same profession I would imagine the recipes you acquire from the various factions are BoA so you'll have to grind the rep to get them for each character. The dropped reputation items like Mathoms and Orc Medallions are not BoA so you can still pass those along to your alts.

I hope that helps!
    [COLOR=black][B]Brandywine:[/B]
    Regan - 65 Captain | Caitriona - 65 Lore-master [/COLOR][COLOR=black]| [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Norah - 65 Hunter | [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Mona - 65 Minstrel
    Una - 65 Champion [/COLOR][COLOR=black]| [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Cieara - 65 Rune-keeper | [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Arienh - 42 Burglar | Faoileann - 21 Warden[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black] [SIZE=1] 1 & 2 Waterbank Road, Tund Lóriel, Falathlorn Homesteads[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=black][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Danegar View Post
    Quest Level: 35 [ Can start at 28 ]
    This, for Mathom Society, is wrong. My Hobbit Chef can not get the quests at level 28.
    [size=-2][color=lightblue]Happen: 75 Min[color=black]....[/color]Habit: 41 Burg[color=black]......[/color]Blant: 67 Champ[color=black].....[/color]Blantarg: 28 Hunter
    Flue: R3 75 Hunter[color=black]....[/color]Hobble: 51 GRD[color=black]....[/color]Blent: 30 Min[/color][color=red]
    Blarrgd: R1 BA[color=black].....[/color]Rannst: R3, Warg[/color]
    [color=yellow]Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone sees it, but only you feel the warmth.[/color][/size]

Regarding the cook quest level im not 100% sure if i was 28 or 30 when i did this, but i know i had to have artisan level cooking available before the quest was given

Quote Originally Posted by KrissyKat View Post
    Regarding the cook quest level im not 100% sure if i was 28 or 30 when i did this, but i know i had to have artisan level cooking available before the quest was given
    My guy is level 28, a Hobbit, and a GM cook. I can't get it.

(Since the first post, I've leveled, and should go back and see if I can get it at level 29)

Also, when I say I can't get the quest, that means ANYthing. I right-click the dudes and they don't have a dialogue at all.
    [size=-2][color=lightblue]Happen: 75 Min[color=black]....[/color]Habit: 41 Burg[color=black]......[/color]Blant: 67 Champ[color=black].....[/color]Blantarg: 28 Hunter
    Flue: R3 75 Hunter[color=black]....[/color]Hobble: 51 GRD[color=black]....[/color]Blent: 30 Min[/color][color=red]
    Blarrgd: R1 BA[color=black].....[/color]Rannst: R3, Warg[/color]
    [color=yellow]Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone sees it, but only you feel the warmth.[/color][/size]

Does anyone know where to get Blackberry Honey? Is it only available as a drop or can it be purchased from a vendor somewhere? If it is only a drop, where have people had success getting the drop (i.e.; region, creatures, etc.)?

Quote Originally Posted by Xarangil View Post
    Does anyone know where to get Blackberry Honey? Is it only available as a drop or can it be purchased from a vendor somewhere? If it is only a drop, where have people had success getting the drop (i.e.; region, creatures, etc.)?
    It is not available at a vendor or as a drop from creatures. The blackberry honey is a random drop from farmed blackberry fields. You usually can find it at the AH. Or if you are a farmer or know a farmer, you can farm blackberry fields and get the drop. It drops better with the crit soil added, but the crit soil is not necessary.
    O Elvenking! … Merry be the Greenwood while the world is yet young and merry be all your folk!

Thumbs up Re: Reputation Crafting List

Quote Originally Posted by CandissD View Post
    It is not available at a vendor or as a drop from creatures. The blackberry honey is a random drop from farmed blackberry fields. You usually can find it at the AH. Or if you are a farmer or know a farmer, you can farm blackberry fields and get the drop. It drops better with the crit soil added, but the crit soil is not necessary.
    Great! Thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to get my farming alt out in the fields and put him back to work!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Qihao View Post
    ok, its not mentioned much but seems to be very important to me...what good is all this rep going to do unless you GET something out of it? being a jeweller i decided to pursue the dwarves faction since i could craft to gain rep. ok done, got acquaintence...cool. so now i have superior workbench access in the blue garrison, nice, but not "great" reward for the mst part. then i checked out the "recipes" and rewards the vendor inside the garrison has and i was VERY disappointed by what they had to offer...all the items pretty much stink if youre anywhere in your 40's especially if you're 50. the only decent thing was the metalsmith recipe that allws you to repair in the field rather than at a vendor in town. but its metalmsith??? so there's no jeweller recipes that we can USE (even a repair thing would be nice...although what would be really cool is a recipe that allows to you SALVAGE jewelry...ie, melt down a piece and get at least something back, be it a gold ingot, etc...cuz non-crits pretty much dont sell for squat and it'd be nice). but am i the only one who wants to see some visible results to the rep stuff? maybe each area should give you access to legendary scrolls that add the addition 5 or 10% beyond the regular scrolls, but only purchasable when u turn in rep stuff, etc. all this rep stuff seems like an afterthought to me...does anyone know if any of the other rep areas give a jeweller recipe that we can make use of (not rep crafting stuff)? for my part i've provided that metalsmiths get a decent recipe in the dwarves area

thanks!!

Fully agree with you is nice crafting stuff but no visual reward at the end. I craft a #%#$% lot of these ranger sashes for the north down faction and well, at least good point manage to get mastery artisan by the end, but still just 4 stupid item. Fell really shock about that do the same with the metalsmith for angmar, by the way is really painfull way more then tailor, and guess gonna just mastery artisan cause i think is the only point just hope to get good reward by the end and a recipe based on which crfting need would be appreciate. How about just a single use item then you can't find anywhere else? Finger cross then this book11 gonna have some improvement regarding that

Do I have permission to add this to the LOTRO reference Links thread?

do you get any monetary returns after you turn in the crafting rep items?
    if not, won't it be cheaper to just vendor the crafted items instead of making rep items to turn in

The crafted rep items are bound and cannot be sold on the AH.

The hobbit rep and the evendim rep become available at level 29.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast