We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Threaded View

Delvings SUCK on melee characters!

Dear SSG,

Does anyone on your dev staff, actually PLAY a melee character? Cause from the experiences of anyone who ever plays melee, its PAINFULLY obvious that none of you do.

Lets just talk about the absolute torrent of bad game design that goes into, not just delvings, but content in general in this game.

1. Puddles of BS that saps your health and resources? Check
    2. Puddles of BS that slows and stuns you? Check
    3. Puddles of "fill the whole bloody room with fire that you cant purge and does % health damage and ignores mits?" Check.
    4. Anti melee cleave mechanics? Check
    5. Short melee range on most melee toons apart from Guardian so that when the tank is kiting stuff you cant actually hit anything while chasing it? Check
    6. Accidental aggro of additional mob packs because your melee and you have to dodge all the above mentioned BS? Check
    7. You eat EVERY stun, EVERY knockback, EVERY punt, EVER no matter how good of a player you are and how raid aware you are? Check.
    8. Have to purge half a dozen debuffs every 5 seconds, only for them to be instantly reapplied regardless of whether you have resistance rating or not? Check
    9. COMPLETELY USELESS avoidance stats on tanks that do absolutely NOTHING to avoid damage on certain bosses and the above mentions puddles of BS? Check
    10. Cant really have multiple melee dps in 3 and 6 mans due to blatant anti melee mechanics? Check (see apothecary final boss for example)
    11. Aura that debuffs your offensive capabilities that ranged toons dont have to deal with? Check.

My current raid geared captain, guard and bear struggle to do t7-10 with certain malices, wheras my recently valarred mini, rk and range warden can do t12 like is a cakewalk on nearly any malice rotation except the "puddles of fire that fill the whole room and you cant even see them half the bloody time" BS.

WHY? Why does it feel like whenever I am playing a melee character, I am feeling like I am playing an inferior character? I know if I do content on my melee toons, I will struggle or deal with so much annoyance whereas my range toons can literally smash their faces into the keyboard and clear content?

WHY?
    Last edited by ThreeLeggedCow; Apr 15 2023 at 08:42 AM.