We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Re: New To Gladden? Tell us About your self!

Hello there! I'm an Asian girl gamer who's new to LOTRO. It's my first time in an international forum as well. I've been playing MMORPGs and console games since time immemorial, and had the luxury of playing for ungodly number of hours in the past. At the moment, I'm not able to spend so much time in the virtual world, although my work requires me to stay in front of the PC almost all my waking moment.

At the risk of sounding really destitute, I'm running the game in my old but dependable pentium4 desktop PC (512 ram, 40 hdd, 64mb gfx card). Hands down to my PC for being able to manage LOTRO (along with my country's ultra slow internet connection). It's one of my life's many miracles, if I may say. Lol.

Why not?

I joined LotRO back at the launch of MoM, but cancelled my sub due to lack of funds and time. I came back in with F2P, but didn't really start devoting any time to the game until last month. Now I can say I'm hooked. Last month I went VIP and plan to stay there

I'm a table-top RPer, and love to RP, but I find my style doesn't translate too well via virtual chat + emotes. My game experience is mainly in the strategy games, concentrating on the 4E types (Explore, Expand, Exploit, Exterminate), so I tend to tackle objectives in any game with the same logical, puzzle-solving approach.

My main is an elf minstrel by the name of Reindert. Please take no offense if I'm not very talkative in game or fail to respond to invites of any kind. I'm not into pugs unless bored and I'll never acknowledge a blind prompt (let alone accept one). I picked minstrel because of the music system, though came to love the class on its own merits. I'm currently in the process of writing my own abc files (with assistance from my spouse, who actually knows about music).

I've taken to keeping a blog on myLotRO, found at http://my.lotro.com/user-1149490/ though I don't post often.

I like long walks on the beach and staring into the blankness of space.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000018833f/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Dhougan here. I like to smash kneecaps and be grumpy. Been playing MMOs for almost a decade now started out with FFXI, then SWG (pre-nge),then finally EQ2 for about 4 years (Echoes of Faydwer-Sentinel's Fate). First character is a guardian, thinking about maybe leveling a warden after I get my kneecap fix (big fan of dwarves here, something about 500 dwarves with packs as tall as they are on their backs double-timing to Thorin's aid seems awesome to me).

Quote Originally Posted by DouganRedhammer View Post
    (big fan of dwarves here, something about 500 dwarves with packs as tall as they are on their backs double-timing to Thorin's aid seems awesome to me).
    That would be awesome. The first time I saw a mounted group following each other (in walk mode) I was mesmerized...thought an NPC group had been added.

/volunteer_marching_dwarf
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000018e033/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I like waffles :3
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203010000117b35/signature.png]Runechewer[/charsig]

Hobgobler r6 Warg, R5 War Leader Toasteroven, R5 Reaver Lugblood, R5 BA Steeltongue,
    R5 Defiler Iamafiveyearold, Regiss 65 Burg, Singingblade 65 hunt, Moocowcow 65 guard

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNFnHSXmRiQ[/url] listen to in hq for a crisper sound ;)

iam not new to gladden been member 2 yrs. but really just started playing last 2 weeks. wondering if someone can help me get to the lynx past the gate in refuge of edhelion. says i need per mission to ues. thank you

Arrow Re: New To Gladden? Tell us About your self!

I'm not just new to LOTRO, but to MMOs of all kinds. So far, I can't seem to get the hang of the various chat channels-we won't even MENTION voice chatting, and I'm used to playing all my party members myself, so I'm afraid I will be epically failsome at fellowships. I'm gonna try to get all that sorted before I bring too many people down with me...

My main character so far is a hunter with the nonsensical name of Tinulelviel, and I have a hobbit burglar named LilyRose and an elf loremaster called Astarwen that I'm also working on. I might be an alto-holic...

Hints are welcome-speaking of which, Heather, you're in the intro, I assume? Try going back past the NPC you spoke to previously, and look to the right. There should be a path down to the Silverdeep mines, which is I think where you are trying to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather60 View Post
    iam not new to gladden been member 2 yrs. but really just started playing last 2 weeks. wondering if someone can help me get to the lynx past the gate in refuge of edhelion. says i need per mission to ues. thank you
    Mmm... If you are in the starting zone, go around. The gate is just kinda there. If you have left the starting zone, go somewhere else. To the best of my knowledge there is absolutely nothing for you to do up there.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5