We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Seriously guys, stop transfering to another server already!

This server used to have some decent PvMP. I used to hop on my Defiler and ALWAYS find some good action going on.

Nowadays, I hop on my Defiler and he's looking at the vast land of the Ettenmoors and the tumbleweed bone lands it has become.

Imladris....what happened? o.O

Yeesh! You bunch of transfer cupcakes!
    “It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door. You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

~ Bilbo Baggins * J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

I agree, I think it's a shame so many people have transferred, but I have to say I can't really blame them. Most (read: not all) creeps who are left are kind of pathetic. Just yesterday the ones who were on flipped all OPs (while there were some 1v1s going on to boot), and then CAMPED THEM. I mean seriously. Seriously. THIS is why the moors is so dead. I mean I solo on my hunter, and I'm not the only one who does, which should make any creep happy. Several people in my kin still go out daily to look for action. But over the last few months it's become increasingly clear that people who play creepside are more interested in pve than pvp, and until it stops I don't see things improving.

Also I'm sure some of it is still people (freeps and creeps) gearing up. FAs, Essences, dailies...there's a lot more to get through than there was from 85-95. At least, I'm hoping that is one of the issues. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabetha View Post
    I agree, I think it's a shame so many people have transferred, but I have to say I can't really blame them. Most (read: not all) creeps who are left are kind of pathetic. Just yesterday the ones who were on flipped all OPs (while there were some 1v1s going on to boot), and then CAMPED THEM. I mean seriously. Seriously. THIS is why the moors is so dead. I mean I solo on my hunter, and I'm not the only one who does, which should make any creep happy. Several people in my kin still go out daily to look for action. But over the last few months it's become increasingly clear that people who play creepside are more interested in pve than pvp, and until it stops I don't see things improving.

Also I'm sure some of it is still people (freeps and creeps) gearing up. FAs, Essences, dailies...there's a lot more to get through than there was from 85-95. At least, I'm hoping that is one of the issues. Time will tell.
    Thank you Sabetha for your comments.

I think when I log on, I'm going to try to get some people back to playing some PvMP on Imladris. I haven't played much either recently, but I miss it and the fun. I know U14 just came out so that might have quite a bit to do with the lack of action...I sure would love to see PvMP on Imladris like it was maybe 6 months ago...good times indeed.
    “It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door. You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

~ Bilbo Baggins * J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Exclamation sever is/was dead

when i left imladris it was very dead and there was only 1-3 freeps where out and pve is/was the only thing to do

______________________________ ______________________________ ______________________________ ______________________________ ______________________________
    ratofwar r12 war-leader now on brandywine

Right, so pve. There are plenty of quests other than taking ops. Taking them all and camping them kills any incentive for solo freeps trying to rebalance them as well as for the ones who are doing 1v1s, that's what I'm saying. The ones who do it are aware of this and just don't give a ####. I don't understand how that is fun for people, but it is not doing anything to improve moors right now.

Right, so pve. There are plenty of quests other than taking ops. Taking them all and camping them kills any incentive for solo freeps trying to rebalance them as well as for the ones who are doing 1v1s, that's what I'm saying. The ones who do it are aware of this and just don't give a ####. I don't understand how that is fun for people, but it is not doing anything to improve moors right now.
    indeed a few creeps who are around lately just want to do their pve, once in a while they call out a solo one and move on... sometimes some of them ask for action, but they never showed up at 1 vs 1... you can think about the reasons on your own also some always take ops.. but you have those peeps on freep side, too. I always blame them for either calling out solos or taking ops (i dont mind when its for quest, even when one side has allready 3 ops, but some just take all...), but as you said, they dont care.

but that both sides camp ops sometimes is somehow reasonable, since it is quiet unlikely that you find a freep / creep around the map lately, you try your luck there, since its known that this is the first think what freeps / creeps do, when they see it isnt balanced.

Ps. i would be happy about your solo hunter, if you wouldnt just use your flight skill all the time when you see my reaver or my warg tracks you

to the transfer guys: i dont get why you transfer to a server where are mostly gv camps and / or zergs, but well, maybe that is still better then pve...

Quote Originally Posted by ISS_21 View Post
    but that both sides camp ops sometimes is somehow reasonable, since it is quiet unlikely that you find a freep / creep around the map lately, you try your luck there, since its known that this is the first think what freeps / creeps do, when they see it isnt balanced.
    All of the kills I've got in the last few week have been from roaming and finding creeps. But it's certainly not the easiest/fastest way, so why do it when you can sit in an OP and not have to work for it at all?

Quote Originally Posted by ISS_21
    Ps. i would be happy about your solo hunter, if you wouldnt just use your flight skill all the time when you see my reaver or my warg tracks you
    1. I don't recall running into any reavers recently who haven't got the jump on me first, after which I can't DF anyway, and 2. when 2/3 of my health is destroyed with one hit, I don't really feel very bad about backing out. Regardless, if I did run into any reavers at this point I probably would fight them, but a big part of having a chance as a hunter is attacking first. I don't believe I've been tracked by any wargs recently either. In fact the few wargs I've managed to track myself have either hips'd immediately or run away. I don't know who your creep is so I couldn't really say.

All of the kills I've got in the last few week have been from roaming and finding creeps. But it's certainly not the easiest/fastest way, so why do it when you can sit in an OP and not have to work for it at all?
    indeed. if there would be more peeps around it wouldnt be problem, but a handful creeps and freeps online within hours... well then i understand it, even when i am roaming around aswell and not camping keeps, ops etc. i just check them pretty frequent. like some freeps do check HH.

1. I don't recall running into any reavers recently who haven't got the jump on me first, after which I can't DF anyway, and 2. when 2/3 of my health is destroyed with one hit, I don't really feel very bad about backing out. Regardless, if I did run into any reavers at this point I probably would fight them, but a big part of having a chance as a hunter is attacking first. I don't believe I've been tracked by any wargs recently either. In fact the few wargs I've managed to track myself have either hips'd immediately or run away. I don't know who your creep is so I couldn't really say.
    Wasnt a reproval, even when the worst that can happen is that you die i know how weak hunters are, as long as you arent really really good with yellow line. I am Durth and to be fair, i havent seen you as much as i saw you camping gv and spamtracking the weeks after U13, but the handful times i tracked you elsewhere you were immediately gone

Ps. its the same with wargs, when you cant attack first you are even more lost then a hunter... not sure who is weaker right now, we can still hips and sprint, but that doesnt give us kills

I don't camp GV. I did spam track a lot after u13, just because I could. Cause after months of being completely unable to track wargs while being tracked myself, well it was just fun. Ii would honestly DF just to spite them at the time. Personally I don't think there's any question which is weaker between hunters and wargs. Hips and sprint can and does give many wargs kills, and their morale pool is at least twice that of hunter's. Also after playing warg to r6 (not store bought), I can safely say the survivability is much, much better. If you haven't I would recommend going out there as a hunter to see what it's like. Everyone says they know hunter is weak but I don't think most understand to what extent the class is lacking in comparison to every other class, on both sides.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not not saying hunters are helpless and I've seen people do some amazing stuff on them. And obviously I wouldn't be playing it if I didn't enjoy it, but just this year I've talked to two high ranked freeps (one of whom also has a high ranked creep) who didn't realise that DF can only be used out of combat.

Anyway, I'll make sure not to disappear next time I see you. and I do hope action picks up soon.
    Last edited by Sabetha; Aug 05 2014 at 08:08 AM.

raid v raid action is probably gone and dead on imladris, but at least there's the occasional 1v1 circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrinoth View Post
    raid v raid action is probably gone and dead on imladris, but at least there's the occasional 1v1 circle.
    well, we had an unexpected comeback of action today. was kind of r vs r for a short period, since we were 5-6 croup + some soloers here and there against 9+ freeps.
    if certain people would stop the flipping, it would last longer... but well looking forward for more.

RIP Imladris PvP.

Eli is right. There are the occasional 1v1s and everyone else likes to take OPs. Creeps love OPs like a fat kid loves cake. I love to solo and it's really all I do, but I don't feel like roaming a dead map all day. If you want action, make your friends play.
    Recreant, Talonel, Oracular.

Quote Originally Posted by Talone12 View Post
    RIP Imladris PvP.

Eli is right. There are the occasional 1v1s and everyone else likes to take OPs. Creeps love OPs like a fat kid loves cake. I love to solo and it's really all I do, but I don't feel like roaming a dead map all day. If you want action, make your friends play.

there was g vs g action yesterday again for like 4 hours.

and dont generalize pls. just as there are creeps who are taking ops, there are freeps doing the same, too. and thats a minority on both sides. most of them just take an op when they need one for the quest or when its unbalanced. since there are a lot more creeps who needs to take an OP, and most freeps are too scared to come without a froup, it sure ends in all ops red sometimes. but once there are more freeps around or just one op class...., certain people take ALL back. they dont take just one for quest or two for balance, they take all. thats the differences.

official invitation

official invitation for Imladris pvp funeral

Date: Sunday, 14th September 2014
    Time: 6pm EST

join us for killing some slugs, bears, norborgs and hobbits.

I'd come but i dont have VIP anymore . Havent been around much lately but i can imagine how it looks like. Might check it out again in two weeks once im done with studies, but sadly im pretty much done with this game. No reason to log in anymore except for friends and they get less too.
    Commander Eisenspalter
    Equilibrium/Joke