We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Help

Help

I have 10 [Strength Signal] that I'd like to get rid of, but I'm a solo player so I've never really interacted with anyone in game. Yet when I put the signal's on the AH they never sell and I understand what WTS means but what I don't know is after saying that do they put the item their selling in the AH after a price has been agreed on with someone else or is there a way to trade items for coin like trading regularly?

Sorry if its a bit of rambling and doesn't make sense, I couldn't really find the word to ask what I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferhel_Norin View Post
    I have 10 [Strength Signal] that I'd like to get rid of, but I'm a solo player so I've never really interacted with anyone in game. Yet when I put the signal's on the AH they never sell and I understand what WTS means but what I don't know is after saying that do they put the item their selling in the AH after a price has been agreed on with someone else or is there a way to trade items for coin like trading regularly?

Sorry if its a bit of rambling and doesn't make sense, I couldn't really find the word to ask what I wanted.
    These items, http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item%3AStrength_Signal have a pretty specific buying audience. I know it sucks, but your best bet is probably to 1) give them away and make a few friends or 2) vendor them for the few silver they will bring you. I am speculating that you made (10) to raise a crafting skill? If that is the case, I would suggest making items that have no restrictions to whom can use the item. If you insist upon selling them on the AH, search the AH for similar items and price accordingly - but I wouldn't list all (10) as I can virtually guarantee that all (10) will not sell .. maybe 1 or 2 .. maybe?!?

As to your question, it is your item and you can do with it what you please. If you want to sell (WTS) for coin, then do that. If you want to trade (WTT) for an item, then do that.
    Learn much I must
    Kill many I will
    Grow stronger
    Live Longer

Hello. If I understand you correctly you crafted some signal strength items for burgs to use during fellowship maneuvers and they have not sold in the ah so you were wondering how to advertise them in global chat or other ways to sell directly to other players? It could be they are not selling in the ah for any number of reasons including 1. Only one class uses them, burglars and really fellowship manuevers are not that powerful right now. and 2. Perhaps they are overpriced.

You could advertise them for sale in world chat by right clicking the item to link in world chat (type /world) which then changes your chat window to world and then click in the chat and then right click to link; then type wts and the number and suggested price. If someone agrees to buy them you can meet them somewhere and open a trade windows (right click their name in chat or their avatar if you are close enough). The drop down window allows you to add them to friends, invite to fellow, and open trade. When the trade window opens, drag the inventory item to trade window; wait until they drag in the coin you two agreed upon and then click confirm trade or trade ( I can't remember since I'm not in game).

Suggestion, since you are a tailor, you might instead process some raw materials such as hides, wood or ore and sell on the ah. That will likely sell better.

I've listed some links with guides for new players which might provide some help
    https://www.lotro.com/en/game/quickstart
    http://lotroplayers.com/category/the.../starting-out/
    http://lotroplayers.com/category/the...ides/crafting/
    https://kittykittyboomboom.wordpress...playing-lotro/ (published in 2011 so some info not current such as dread which has been removed)
    https://www.lotro.com/en/forums/show...I-Knew-Earlier! (again some of this is outdated but much of it is still golden) Hope it helps

EDIT Sorry if I made the wrong assumption on the guides; I see now you have been playing for over a year and likely don't need any of that; but does give some good helpful insight if you do. Again Good Luck
    *Shaedoe 140 Loremaster "The Diva" * Boudicia 140 Captain * Asilith 140 Hunter * Elisel 140 Mini * Lywynn 125 Guard * Elisal 140 RK * Pupyluv Rank 6 Stalker

In addition to SHIFT + RIGHT CLICK the item to get the item to [link] into /World, you may also simply drag the item into the actual text box window and release the item while it is hoovering over that text box window and this will create a link in /World as well. I do this method when using the AH ... it's takes far more time to type "anfalas scroll of empowerment' then it does to simply drag 'n' drop.

Off-topic, but another good AH 'tip' is ... when searching for an item with multiple words in the name description, (if you don't drag 'n' drop) type only the last few chacracters of one word and the space and then only the first few characters of the next word. Example: rather than type 'Emerald Shard', you can simply type 'ald sha' ... or instead of 'Universal Solvent" you can type "al solv". Obviously this won't work for items like 'greater essence of ..." if you type "er ess" because you will get EVERY greater essence listed. But it is a nice little shortcut once you get the hang of it ><
    Learn much I must
    Kill many I will
    Grow stronger
    Live Longer