We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: @Burgs

@Burgs

Learn to use Diversion please.
    Rannulfr R10 Burglar

Quote Originally Posted by Young22 View Post
    one does not simply master the use of diversion. It is an art form rarely practiced, it took me years of watching 70s Kung fu movies and copying the moves in the sewers with master splinter.

Thundertrain is offline Silently Judging Your Spelling and Grammar

@Burgs

Quote Originally Posted by Young22 View Post
    Or better yet, play a class that's actually useful.

-Thundertrain
    "Not all those who wander are lost." -Tolkien
    "No matter where you go, there you are." -Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Ride_the_Train View Post
    Or better yet, play a class that's actually useful.

-Thundertrain
    Out of curiosity what class do you play?

Thundertrain is offline Silently Judging Your Spelling and Grammar
    All of them. Currently at level cap I have a warden, champ, hunter, and guardian. RK at 85, LM at 63, and I'm trying to decide between leveling my captain or my minstrel when I finish with the RK and LM. I even have a level 48 burg that I play occasionally as a duo with a friend's mini. My issues with the burg stem from the HUGE difference in DPS between burgs and literally every other class in the game. This is likely due to every other class being OP, but it's still an issue. For example, my friend's mini was killing 2 or 3 mobs in the time it took my burg to take down one. Even in Quiet Knife, the burg has a fairly limited number of attacks, a few of which are gated behind crit attacks. The additional DPS that should be gained from stealth + positioning doesn't amount to much.

Burgs were really useful when the level cap was in the 50-65 range. Since then, Fellowship Maneuvers don't have much use, other than the long stun. Burg DPS has not kept up with the other classes at lower levels (can't speak for the higher levels, since I haven't played them as a burg). It's a very challenging class to play, which is why I keep it around. Every once in awhile, it's nice to have to work to kill landscape mobs like I had to with every class 4 years ago.

-Thundertrain
    "Not all those who wander are lost." -Tolkien
    "No matter where you go, there you are." -Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Ride_the_Train View Post
    All of them. Currently at level cap I have a warden, champ, hunter, and guardian. RK at 85, LM at 63, and I'm trying to decide between leveling my captain or my minstrel when I finish with the RK and LM. I even have a level 48 burg that I play occasionally as a duo with a friend's mini. My issues with the burg stem from the HUGE difference in DPS between burgs and literally every other class in the game. This is likely due to every other class being OP, but it's still an issue. For example, my friend's mini was killing 2 or 3 mobs in the time it took my burg to take down one. Even in Quiet Knife, the burg has a fairly limited number of attacks, a few of which are gated behind crit attacks. The additional DPS that should be gained from stealth + positioning doesn't amount to much.

Burgs were really useful when the level cap was in the 50-65 range. Since then, Fellowship Maneuvers don't have much use, other than the long stun. Burg DPS has not kept up with the other classes at lower levels (can't speak for the higher levels, since I haven't played them as a burg). It's a very challenging class to play, which is why I keep it around. Every once in awhile, it's nice to have to work to kill landscape mobs like I had to with every class 4 years ago.

-Thundertrain
    Captains are amazing fun, recommend.
    Burglar dps at end game is pretty great, can easily out dps other classes in certain situations just as easily as they can be out dps'd. Can't really show any numbers until I'm out of work. Some classes really need looking at such as minstrels as you mentioned, the fact that they can dish out the ranged aoe hits they do while being able to heal, drop their stance and hit fellowships heart and continue dps if needed.

I thoroughly agree with you on the lack of need for crowd control in the game has rendered the shining qualities of the burglar useless for the most part. Burgs at great fun to play and a welcome challenge at times.