We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Part 2 - To all you Creeps out there.

G’day folks,
    A short time ago I started a thread acknowledging Creeps and simply saying thank you to those players that do play the Creepside.
    At the time of that post, I understood very little aboutPvmP but what little I did know led me to believe that Creeps had the short endof the stick.
    After having played Freep-side over the last few more weeks….Props to the Creeps!
    And I’ll explain why in just a moment.
    My experience thus far in the Moors, has been… Simply… the most fun I’ve had since Turbine decided that Raids were not what the playerbase wanted.
    But quite frankly, I suck at it. I’m not one of those people that have the skill to play on just a keyboard. I use my left hand on the keys and my right on a mouse (When I’m not holding a beer or toasted sandwich).
    And like many before that have gone into the Moors, I looked towards the forums for guides and advice. What I found, was confusion and a severe lack of anything close to a timeline or structure.
    This is not something limited to just the PvmP threads I might add.
    How can any new player to Lotro hope to make any sense out of that mess.
    Player, Class guide or Getting Started? Where is it? If there still is one available, have only one. Update that. Dev diaries are like patch notes and impossible to find. Have you (and I’m addressing Turbine)considered that many people not unfamiliar to MMO’s will often peruse a potential new games forum to get a better idea of the “true nature of things”? When was the last time you employed any quantitative research?

But I digress…

Aside from that fail in providing a user friendly platform, I couldn’t help but notice the level of animosity between Creeps and Freeps, and whilst I understand it may not reflect the larger player base it does however speak very loudly to visitors of the forums.
    I found myself asking “is this just smack talk”? Or was I catching a glimpse into a toxic online environment which I am going to be subjected to with the upcoming server closures.

To answer that question I rolled a Creep on one of the soon to be remaining servers.
    And I say unto you Creeps, I hope you bloody win.
    F2P players have a choice of one class Creep-side, should you desire to play another class it will cost your 795tp (correct me if I’mwrong). But as far as I could see there is no opportunity to earn Turbine Points in the Moors. This strikes me a pretty big flaw in the F2P model, considering PvmP offers the least content. Furthermore the grind for new Creeps to earn commendation points is a joke.
    The current model and forum format does nothing more than discourage. It must have cost the company millions over the years.

To you folks that play creeps, I don’t know why or how you’ve managed to hang in there. But I for one as a Freep, appreciate the fact you did.

And I'll try my best to be a worthy opponent. (But if I've a Beer or bacon toastie in hand, meh... I'll make it up to you next time)

Regards,
    Dal
    Last edited by Solastrion; Aug 25 2015 at 09:35 AM.

There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

Quote Originally Posted by Solastrion View Post
    G’day folks,
    A short time ago I started a thread acknowledging Creeps and simply saying thank you to those players that do play the Creepside.
    At the time of that post, I understood very little aboutPvmP but what little I did know led me to believe that Creeps had the short endof the stick.
    After having played Freep-side over the last few more weeks….Props to the Creeps!
    And I’ll explain why in just a moment.
    My experience thus far in the Moors, has been… Simply… the most fun I’ve had since Turbine decided that Raids were not what the playerbase wanted.
    But quite frankly, I suck at it. I’m not one of those people that have the skill to play on just a keyboard. I use my left hand on the keys and my right on a mouse (When I’m not holding a beer or toasted sandwich).
    And like many before that have gone into the Moors, I looked towards the forums for guides and advice. What I found, was confusion and a severe lack of anything close to a timeline or structure.
    This is not something limited to just the PvmP threads I might add.
    How can any new player to Lotro hope to make any sense out of that mess.
    Player, Class guide or Getting Started? Where is it? If there still is one available, have only one. Update that. Dev diaries are like patch notes and impossible to find. Have you (and I’m addressing Turbine)considered that many people not unfamiliar to MMO’s will often peruse a potential new games forum to get a better idea of the “true nature of things”? When was the last time you employed any quantitative research?

But I digress…

Aside from that fail in providing a user friendly platform, I couldn’t help but notice the level of animosity between Creeps and Freeps, and whilst I understand it may not reflect the larger player base it does however speak very loudly to visitors of the forums.
    I found myself asking “is this just smack talk”? Or was I catching a glimpse into a toxic online environment which I am going to be subjected to with the upcoming server closures.

To answer that question I rolled a Creep on one of the soon to be remaining servers.
    And I say unto you Creeps, I hope you bloody win.
    F2P players have a choice of one class Creep-side, should you desire to play another class it will cost your 795tp (correct me if I’mwrong). But as far as I could see there is no opportunity to earn Turbine Points in the Moors. This strikes me a pretty big flaw in the F2P model, considering PvmP offers the least content. Furthermore the grind for new Creeps to earn commendation points is a joke.
    The current model and forum format does nothing more than discourage. It must have cost the company millions over the years.

To you folks that play creeps, I don’t know why or how you’ve managed to hang in there. But I for one as a Freep, appreciate the fact you did.

And I'll try my best to be a worthy opponent. (But if I've a Beer or bacon toastie in hand, meh... I'll make it up to you next time)

Regards,
    Dal
    You sir, are a great sport and I salute you. Also, check the class sub forums for guides. Monster class guides are in the creep section of Monster Play. Only a handful exist. I did a WL one, and a few people have done a reaver one. Good luck to you.

Bannerman, r13 War-Leader/ Ryzer, r13 Captain
    Arkenstone