We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Goodbye to E PvMP

Well.... it was a fun 8 years while it lasted. Sad to leave Elendilmir. Bummed to lose Sylidor off of my permanent friend list, I always saw it as a sort of living memory of that great guy. I'll probably end up on Landroval. Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by DWalla View Post
    Bummed to lose Sylidor off of my permanent friend list,
    You had to say that, didn't you?
    I hadn't thought of that.
    ~*~Ryssawyn~*~ (RK)
    Acheros (LM) Glitzen (Guard)
    Snozzberries Defiler of great taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryssadis View Post
    You had to say that, didn't you?
    I hadn't thought of that.
    Will accounts that don't transfer be wiped?
    Last edited by quikgamer; Aug 15 2015 at 03:54 PM.

It died almost a year and a half ago from BW transfers. it closing does not change it's state but only for the better.
    Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Wizards, For They Are subtle and Quick To Anger.

Arkenstone ~ R9 RiseAgainst Reaver ~ R9 PowerWolf Warleader ~ R11 Armdyl LoreMaster

Quote Originally Posted by quikgamer View Post
    This is just my take on it, if anyone knows anything more concrete then please step in.

I know that up until recently accounts were never deleted, unless the user deleted them. I know that because a work mate who hadn't played since 2008, recently (late last year I think), decided to check the game out again, and sure enough his account was still there, all of his characters were more or less as he left them. Most MMOs keep accounts and characters intact, why wouldn't they?, it's in their best interest to encourage people to take up the game again if they so wish. I went back and played EQ briefly, after an absence of several years, the game had gone through at least two server mergers since I'd played I believe, and my characters had been moved already to a default server.

So my guess is that if you logged on to your account after the old servers are closed, you would either be asked which server you wished to move to at the character selection screen, or you may already have been moved to a default server, with perhaps an option of a free transfer if you're not happy with that server.

Bottom line is I very much doubt they would simply delete all the old accounts on the closed servers, just makes no sense as a business decision.
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
    - Will Rogers

6. Aug 16 2015, 03:19 AM

Quote Originally Posted by quikgamer View Post
    No they will not. Characters from retired servers will always have the option to transfer onto one of the remaining servers.
    BREGLOR · BRIFFO · ELIZA · APEY · RIFFO
    THE TEAM · GLADDEN

So I let the client update and I can't see how to do a free transfer from the launcher. I thought I read that the launcher had been updated to allow this. Is it possible yet?
    <<== Creep ==>>

Quote Originally Posted by klompy View Post
    So I let the client update and I can't see how to do a free transfer from the launcher. I thought I read that the launcher had been updated to allow this. Is it possible yet?
    I believe at this point, transfers are between surviving worlds only. I am under the impression that the rest will open in the next few weeks.
    ~| CREEP: H e l l n a k h |~
    ~| FREEP:
    E d h e l l r e t h | ~

So, um, E creeps going to Gladden or Ark ?
    Rank 15 Blackarrow HinderSpam
    55,000 Killing Blows and Counting

Quote Originally Posted by HinderSpam View Post
    So, um, E creeps going to Gladden or Ark ?

Go to Gladden!
    R15 Warg Danbilzerian (Zazel) / Berzekiel (RK) / Macrochords (Mini)

A person asked me to join him on Arkenstone and I think I will.

You may be disappointed.. just sayin. But good luck~!
    R15 Warg Danbilzerian (Zazel) / Berzekiel (RK) / Macrochords (Mini)

Quote Originally Posted by ACOstud77 View Post
    You may be disappointed.. just sayin. But good luck~!
    And so may you for that matter
    - Will Rogers

Having scouted it for a few months (pre-Osg) it reminded me a lot of E during the HD days, which is quite sad given how good both servers' action used to be. Even as a greenie creep the imbalance was quite clear because the freeps were almost always outnumbered - some nights we had 15+v3; and on the rare occasions the freeps got together while I was around, their groups were usually heavily healstacked, which wasn't great as a soloer. (Also 1v1s aren't really a thing there...)

So in my experience of it, they need a lot of freeps, and some serious freepside leadership (over the last few months it felt comparable to E, which says it all - we haven't had a proper freepside leader since Adam). I'm not sure an extra r15 BA will be good for the balance, but you might get a kick out of it! XD

Quote Originally Posted by ACOstud77 View Post
    Go to Gladden!
    How's Gladden then ?

I ended up moving Hellnakh to Arkenstone.
    ~| FREEP:
    E d h e l l r e t h | ~

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CandiceAurora View Post
    You just had to make me log into the forums, didn't you? You totally made my night.

PS. YAY!
    PSS. Dangit, I need a bigger font to show my true feelings. *hugs Hellie!*
    !<3?!Wargs Rule!!?<3! But only because we have no playable feline races.
    ???s6u!?? 3?!?o?@? ?w ?o m3? @ 3?@ 3s3??
    *s6u!s* ¡?w ?o ?s3!6?@M pu@ 's3ss3??s!w-3?ol 's3s?l3?

Founder & Altoholic: playing wargies and loremistresses since 2006 SoA beta.*Jingle Jangle!*
    A "lifetime" of play on: Elendilmir (RIP), Crick, Landy, & more.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffy View Post
    You just had to make me log into the forums, didn't you? You totally made my night.

PS. YAY!
    PSS. Dangit, I need a bigger font to show my true feelings. *hugs Hellie!*
    <3 I moved my freeps there too, so look me up!
    ~| FREEP:
    E d h e l l r e t h | ~

so we are going to Ark?
    -Azsouth the Hand of Doom of Elendilmir, Rank 15 Warg
    Originator of the 1st Good 1v1 Thread (Meneldor)

Quote Originally Posted by Rohan1240 View Post
    so we are going to Ark?
    Yes, yes we are
    - Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by CandiceAurora View Post
    Love you Hells
    Gunnolf

In regards to the server inbalance of Creep to Freep, back in the day when PvMP was the friday night thing our Kin used to just log onto which ever side needed the numbers and id often see chat of freep swaping to creeps to even up numbers, so my hope is even if there is a inbalance that we will just sort it out and swap around to make it close to even, because back in those days the best times where when you had big even raids smashing into each other not knowing which way it would go, and im hoping with these server mergers we can get that back because to be honest Friday nights just have never been the same, i even stopped drinking, but.........if Ark PvMP heats up like the good old days of E PvMP i may even crack open a bottle, because we cant PvP sobber, its just not done here in Aus.
    Friday+Beer+PvMP= awesomeness

Also this maybe my last post on here before E goes, so id just like to thank all those people that took leadership over the groups (creep and freep) and made peoples (well mine anyway) gaming a thousand times better, I used to get up at the crack of dawn just to see if Vyxe had anything going...and if not just log off go back to sleep before work.

And just thank all the People of E, there was always someone asking for help and always someone willing to give it, which is rare in gaming these days. All the best and i hope to meet up with most of you on Ark.

Cheers
    Cal
    Calaborg the Elf - All the Kings Men - Elendilmir
    Calaborg 100(Champ) - Callaborn 100(RK) - Ulythian 92(Grd) - Thornhelm 65(Wrd)
    Coldsteel (Rvr)

I am looking forward to E creeps and freeps moving to Arkenstone. I used to creep on E a long time ago and I would wake up early in the morning to join Smegrat raids because the Aussies were so much fun.
    Formerly Derlan of Arkenstone, Thistlebeard of Crickhollow, Thistlehair of Brandywine. Once again Derlan of Arkenstone. Your Welcome for the $75 WB.

Auzue, Number (Arkenstone)