We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Need some help

Need some help

I am just starting out in PvMP and on the defending Hoarhallow quest do i have to complete this quest to get into the other aspects of PvMP, or are they just welcome to the area now getting going type of quests? Also, I am clear on the quest at the Ettenmoors but not so clear on the part where you participate in the taking of the outposts, do you have to pay the 500 commendations to become a Ranger to participate in the taking, or could you do it just through the quests at Ettenmoors?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe1849 View Post
    I am just starting out in PvMP and on the defending Hoarhallow quest do i have to complete this quest to get into the other aspects of PvMP, or are they just welcome to the area now getting going type of quests? Also, I am clear on the quest at the Ettenmoors but not so clear on the part where you participate in the taking of the outposts, do you have to pay the 500 commendations to become a Ranger to participate in the taking, or could you do it just through the quests at Ettenmoors?

The Rangers are best avoided... you earn glory and commendations two ways in the Moors... PvMP against the Creeps (avoid solo at low rank) and doing the Quests at each quest hub. New players will find the quests a great way to kick-start their Moors experience as ranking is fairly quick when new. Each rank gets progressively harder (double the glory) so PvE (player vs environment) has diminishing returns. That said, I still do it - when in the area, but I don’t go out of my way to quest at higher ranks.

Regarding Outposts, get with a few friends and kill the Tyrant on the top floor. This is a daily quest reward of 100 glory and tilts some offensive buffs to your side. But be careful, as the Creeps will come gunning for you when you take one as there is an automatic call-out. Castles are much harder and the Tyrants there can be deadly, so don’t go it alone.

I wrote a Thread called Raiding in the Moors that has lots of recommendations for new players and newish raid leaders. I hope you find some useful insight. Welcome to the Moors!
    Aakvanark/Corwelleon

Request to join a group too, you will go up in rank quickly .

There are no quests that you have to do to unlock other aspects of PVMP. Just show up and kill stuff. That quest is just a bonus for killing monster players at Hoarhallow, other locations have similar quests.

You complete the outpost quest by taking the outpost with your character. You do not have to be a ranger, in fact you will not get quest credit if you are a ranger. In the past, rangers were super characters you could unlock when a bunch of locations were monster-controlled to help fight back. But time has not been kind to them. They were still stuck at level 100 last I saw. Just a waste of commendations now, though you could try it once for fun.