We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Ranged dps

Ranged dps

Alright guys I have tried asking around but people respond like I'm crazy and dobt crunch numbers anymore.
    How are rks in term of dps. Which is better on this server red or yellow ? What are you current 3 min parses ??
    How are hunters? What are your current 3 min parses for hunters??

I'm looking for this server specifically, I understand the meta on live and how imbued weapons change that meta. I am also looking for parse numbers and not opinions. Thanks for the time guys

Frisco is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    ~9-10k on red RK, and 18-19k on hunter in similar gear, personally. 3 minutes, housing training dummy. That said, I was so discouraged by red RK dps after rebuilding my LIs from yellow that I didn't bother testing a whole lot of rotation changes. It might be better.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Quote Originally Posted by Knight19 View Post
    Alright guys I have tried asking around but people respond like I'm crazy and dobt crunch numbers anymore.
    How are rks in term of dps. Which is better on this server red or yellow ? What are you current 3 min parses ??

I'm looking for this server specifically, I understand the meta on live and how imbued weapons change that meta. I am also looking for parse numbers and not opinions. Thanks for the time guys
    Rks are lucky if they hit 10k on a dummy. Hunters should be seeing around 25k on a dummy. Of course you'll be seeing higher numbers in raids, rks will only be about 14k; whereas a hunter will be seeing 30k+

Mirage | Fathom | Situational Awareness | Reformed
    Arkenstone | Shadowfax | Treebeard

Quote Originally Posted by Rimenuir View Post
    Rks are lucky if they hit 10k on a dummy. Hunters should be seeing around 25k on a dummy. Of course you'll be seeing higher numbers in raids, rks will only be about 14k; whereas a hunter will be seeing 30k+
    Would pay a lot of gold to see a hunter parse 25k on a dummy on Anor, and not the ones in Galtrev with the weakness to fire mits.

Man that's a pretty major difference. Are those hunter numbers requiring swappies ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Would pay a lot of gold to see a hunter parse 25k on a dummy on Anor, and not the ones in Galtrev with the weakness to fire mits.
    Most anor hunters dont know what they're doing and are parsing as you say 18-19k. I'd assume the good hunters, although none really playing because 85 sucks, would be parsing about 25k. If you think about at 75, hunters were doing upwards of 35k on raid bosses, wouldn't be too surprising. But hey, I could be wrong.

Yes, those numbers on hunter would require bow swapping and BiS gear. Without bow swapping it would be a few thousand dps loss, so I would imagine somewhere around ~22k.

With the recent buff to hunters, RK is going to be outclassed as a dps for quite a while. It will take imbuement and enchantment runes(at 115) to boost them to even a comparable level.

Man that's a pretty major difference. Are those hunter numbers requiring swappies ?
    Yes, swaps should be used to max dps. Another difference comes from proper gearing and rotation. Theres a lot of hunters who just dont know how to get their toons geared properly to maximize their dps. Lots of players have more mastery and finesse than needed, and not nearly enough crit rating. Rotation wise, hunters dynamic with their cooldowns, so proper skill management is needed to achieve the highest numbers possible. Its variable, but not hard if you practice. But thats just an issue of the LS imo.

*edited because I had started writing before previous post from Ceo*

You're not getting an extra 3k dps right now by bow swapping, lol. It was so little difference I stopped doing it. Once imbuement comes around and there are more desirable legacies I'll go back to it, but right now it's basically an extra <2% damage, before taking into account server lag that occasionally costs me a second or leaves me with the wrong bow.

And as we all should know, 35k on raid bosses means absolutely nothing when comparing to standardized dummy parses.

It's easy to say that someone could potentially hit 25k, but I'll believe it when the dummy says it. Not surprised to hear it was a theoretical estimate.

22k was a minor typo. I meant to put ~23k.

Either way, if you think bow swapping is an increase of less than 2% damage, that's probably why you still do sub 20k dps.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeret92 View Post
    22k was a minor typo. I meant to put ~23k.

Either way, if you think bow swapping is an increase of less than 2% damage, that's probably why you still do sub 20k dps.
    Come on by the training dummy any time you want to show me your 25k parse. I'll be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    You're not getting an extra 3k dps right now by bow swapping, lol. It was so little difference I stopped doing it. Once imbuement comes around and there are more desirable legacies I'll go back to it, but right now it's basically an extra <2% damage, before taking into account server lag that occasionally costs me a second or leaves me with the wrong bow.

And as we all should know, 35k on raid bosses means absolutely nothing when comparing to standardized dummy parses.

It's easy to say that someone could potentially hit 25k, but I'll believe it when the dummy says it. Not surprised to hear it was a theoretical estimate.
    You most certainly are getting a lot more dps swapping. You'll also get considerable dps changes if you're geared properly too.

And as we all should know, standardized dummy parses mean absolutely nothing when you can't complete the content.

As i play less atm i asked one of our Raid Hunters what damage he does on the dummies after the patch. He said 16-17k. So around the numbers Frisco wrote.
    We do not use Dummy gear and test in Raid Gear in common.
    I think most of us use a swap bow for burn hot.

Our RKs do not play on Anor atm.

Think we speak about the Dummy in the Housing Area, not the Galtrev one - do we?

[if you need one, Shire - Appledell - Chalk Road 2]

2 of our hunters did plenty of testing right after the hunter buffs. Their average parses were ~22k(yes, they were 3 min parses). With how easy 85 raids were and with nothing else to do, neither of them bothered with a swap bow or min/maxing.

The rest of our hunters didn't even bother leveling up to 85, because the cap was so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeret92 View Post
    2 of our hunters did plenty of testing right after the hunter buffs. Their average parses were ~22k(yes, they were 3 min parses).
    lol, pull the other one. tell them to test again, but to hit separate dummies this time. hunters are notorious liars. personally, I average 28k.

Sorry to break it to you, but Drizzel's isn't part of Mirage.

[Quote/] lol, pull the other one. tell them to test again, but to hit separate dummies this time. hunters are notorious liars. personally, I average 28k [Quote/]

no they are not, hunters have the best DPS and are the one of best loners (besides beorning, which can whoop all )