We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Please Make Dialogue Faster

One of the most annoying things in the game is the slow silent text dialogue.
    I'm talking about the dialogue that happens in quest instances, typically the Epic line / Black Book.
    There is a long pause between each line of dialogue that is frustrating.

If there was a narrator reading the dialogue it would be ok,
    but for the vast majority of the dialogue there is no audio.

As far as I am aware, there is no way to speed up the dialogue.
    So the only solution is to go AFK.
    Occasionally this results in dying, as a combat starts and I'm not there.

So I ask, can you please add some way to skip the pauses, like space bar, or Enter?
    Or just make the lines of text appear faster by default.

This is the simplest way to improve the entire game, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalfy View Post
    One of the most annoying things in the game is the slow silent text dialogue.
    I'm talking about the dialogue that happens in quest instances, typically the Epic line / Black Book.
    There is a long pause between each line of dialogue that is frustrating.

If there was a narrator reading the dialogue it would be ok,
    but for the vast majority of the dialogue there is no audio.

As far as I am aware, there is no way to speed up the dialogue.
    So the only solution is to go AFK.
    Occasionally this results in dying, as a combat starts and I'm not there.

So I ask, can you please add some way to skip the pauses, like space bar, or Enter?
    Or just make the lines of text appear faster by default.

This is the simplest way to improve the entire game, IMO.
    Personally, I think the pace is fine. If I'm having a conversation with my duo partner (my wife on the other side of the room from me) it's kind of OK with me if it takes a while.
    But I agree that it would be good for those of us that doan wanna wait to have a way to skip through it would be welcome. The ESC key would be good.

Like I told you...What I said...Steal your face right off your head.

A page of text can take what seems like 10 minutes to appear.

As a fast reader, I find this extremely annoying.

I find it hard to believe that a "skip" function hasn't been implemented before now.

Agreed, the dialogue speed seems to be set for remedial readers; I had one yesterday where I thought the game had broken, I had a "listen to x, listen to y, listen to x", but x stood there and said nothing for over 15 seconds after y had spoken.

I SWEAR these dialogues used to run faster; like everything else, the server is slowing them down because it cannot cope; it is like port times going from ~6 seconds to nearly 10 seconds a few years ago, and never recovering.
    Last edited by Yarbro; Jun 17 2020 at 07:07 AM.

As someone who cannot read very well and has done everything countless times in the past, PLEASE SPEED THE DIALOGUE UP!
    No audio = no point and boring as hell.
    Even if there was audio, a long pause would also make it boring as hell.
    Please, make audio texts chain off almost instantly after a line has been read.

PS - Lamentation dialogue is the worst of them all mainly because it's from the Minas Morgul instance cluster.
    What's even worse is the loot you get from the tree, which is almost absolutely nothing!

PPS - we need faster corruption removals. 15-20s is still too long. 30s is especially too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post

PPS - we need faster corruption removals. 15-20s is still too long. 30s is especially too long.
    Man, this a million times over. I am so much in agreement with this.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

I agree that dialog lines should be faster, but we would require an individual setting.

I just fear that this is not possible technically. I assume that text is built into scripts and those run server-side and accept no client input.