We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Askelin View Post

It's NOT dead yet... A shade of its former self, yes... But there's still reason enough to get in with a RP kin or make some connections, but personally I won't hold my breath waiting on a rainy weekend for someone to walk through the door and expect some satisfying back and forth with a random interesting RPer anymore. With this sort of thing these days, you take what you can get...
    I will most definitely be that random RP you find in your travels, now that I have joined Laurelin!
    Estannen Seregrian, istriel i Imladris...

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeekGirl View Post

Maybe the numbers aren't what they used to be. But the RP hasn't died and it isn't about to. That's a comment I've been hearing since I first came to Laurelin over 3 years ago. And I've had some of the best RP of my whole time here in recent months.
    And now that I have joined Laurelin, I hope to be one of the ones who makes it worthwhile!

Quote Originally Posted by Seregrian View Post
    I will most definitely be that random RP you find in your travels, now that I have joined Laurelin!
    Hey, hi ^__^
    I believe I saw you yesterday in Bree on Laurelin while I was running some errands with one of my High Elves.
    Sorry I didn't try engaging RP but I was going to sleep :P

Quote Originally Posted by KanjarVero View Post
    Hey, hi ^__^
    I believe I saw you yesterday in Bree on Laurelin while I was running some errands with one of my High Elves.
    Sorry I didn't try engaging RP but I was going to sleep :P
    And how well we all know that "sleep is for sissies"!

I have been delighting in meeting and RP'ing with anyone and everyone I meet - the atmosphere on Laurelin is 180 degrees from what I've been used to!

I still RP regularly in the Prancing Pony
    Owner - Laurelin RP Group Discord server - https://discord.me/laurelinrp

Disappointed in Duillond

Well, after four months of engaging and RP'ing throughout my travels in Laurelin, I think I have to revise my opinions.

I agree now with the OP: roleplay in Laurelin (or LOTRO in general) is on life-support, and is strictly on a "newcomers-need-not-apply" basis.

I have had people tell me "F***-off" in tells;
    I have had people accuse me of Mary-Sue-Marty-Sam;
    I have had kin members start OOC fights and accuse ME of the drama;
    I have had self-declared Tolkien-scholars inform me I'm not good enough to even be playing LOTRO, let alone RP, because I don't follow THEIR head-canon;

Those are just some of the examples I have endured.

After the build-up of how much different Laurelin was from the other servers (especially with the influx of ego-gamerboiz and Pwn-U-4-Lulz grief-trolls because the game went free), I am bitterly disillusioned about the whole thing; but I also have no illusions as to how my opinions will be received - I expect derision, insults, ad hom attacks and the like from the posters on this forum - as you have demonstrated time and again on the threads I've seen.

And no, I will not reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Seregrian View Post
    Well, after four months of engaging and RP'ing throughout my travels in Laurelin, I think I have to revise my opinions.

I agree now with the OP: roleplay in Laurelin (or LOTRO in general) is on life-support, and is strictly on a "newcomers-need-not-apply" basis.

I have had people tell me "F***-off" in tells;
    I have had people accuse me of Mary-Sue-Marty-Sam;
    I have had kin members start OOC fights and accuse ME of the drama;
    I have had self-declared Tolkien-scholars inform me I'm not good enough to even be playing LOTRO, let alone RP, because I don't follow THEIR head-canon;

Those are just some of the examples I have endured.

After the build-up of how much different Laurelin was from the other servers (especially with the influx of ego-gamerboiz and Pwn-U-4-Lulz grief-trolls because the game went free), I am bitterly disillusioned about the whole thing; but I also have no illusions as to how my opinions will be received - I expect derision, insults, ad hom attacks and the like from the posters on this forum - as you have demonstrated time and again on the threads I've seen.

And no, I will not reply.
    I've had several new people join my kinship recently, so I can't agree on the "newcomers need not apply" concept.

I know that Seregrian is an elf, and I know that the elf RP community tends to be the most difficult to break into and become part of, which is incredibly sad to me. I don't personally RP any elves, but I have heard the horror stories.

I certainly hope nobody attacks you over this. I can see no reason why anyone would. Your experience is your experience, and your thoughts just as valid as anyone else's. I'm sorry that people have been so rude to you, it's not right and it shouldn't be tolerated.

I had similar experiences to the OP in Landroval of late. I can remember when the Pony would be full of people and there was always something hilarious going on. You don't stay at the Pony, but it's a good place to get an "in" with other RPers and become acquainted with their characters. But a few months ago, I could have my character stand there for hours and not get a bite. Random RP was my jam, I have to say, even though I am in main a heavy RPer. It's always refereshing to read new biographies and have my character meet new characters. It just...well, the well sort of dried up in Landroval.

So I moved to Laurelin. It's starting over, but it is well worth it. There's a lot more activity in the Pony at various hours, and luckily some when I am active in the game. I hope more new people come and start writing out stories with the veterans, because what is RP but a cooperative story?

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenofDolAmroth View Post
    I had similar experiences to the OP in Landroval of late. I can remember when the Pony would be full of people and there was always something hilarious going on. You don't stay at the Pony, but it's a good place to get an "in" with other RPers and become acquainted with their characters. But a few months ago, I could have my character stand there for hours and not get a bite. Random RP was my jam, I have to say, even though I am in main a heavy RPer. It's always refereshing to read new biographies and have my character meet new characters. It just...well, the well sort of dried up in Landroval.

So I moved to Laurelin. It's starting over, but it is well worth it. There's a lot more activity in the Pony at various hours, and luckily some when I am active in the game. I hope more new people come and start writing out stories with the veterans, because what is RP but a cooperative story?
    So glad to have you join us on Laurelin! The RP is much more spread out on Laurelin, which is both a pro and a con, depending on how you look at it. It means there may be somewhat less activity around 'the Pony', but it also means that people are engaging in more varied types of RP that aren't just 'sit in the tavern'. There is RP to be found in the Shire, Ered Luin, Rivendell, Celondim, Rohan, the North Downs, the homesteads, and people traveling the landscape. Fortunately, we have resources like Discord and the Laurelin Archives website to help make players aware of what's happening and where.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2