We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Crit Rating Cap question

I have a 130 champ in progress and I have a question regarding crit rating. Currenty I stand at 491,718 crit rating or 21.9%. I have 5 points traited in the first tier red skill, Critical Chance Increase, and that 5% bumps me up to 26.9%. If 630,000 is the crit cap of 25%, do I still need to increase my 491,718 to 630,000 with crit rating essences? I'm already over 25% because I'm at 26.9%, so aren't I technically "at cap"? I just want to make sure I understand how it works so I can start making decisions on what to put in my remaining essence slots. Thank you in advance!

Cap of 25% critical chance refers to the maximum percentage you gain from crit rating. So...
    - passives/buffs that add to crit rating will bring you closer to the 25% mark, but not over it.
    - passives/buffs that add to crit percentage are added to the percentage you get from crit rating. This can (and will) exceed the 25% mark.

So, you'll want to bring your crit rating close to 630k, to get as many of these tasty critical hits as possible. Certain other classes like cappy may give you a crit rating buff, so it is usually fine to be a bit below 630k.

How to reach 40%

I am capped with crit (700k) and got the extra percentage from all traits. (30% melee crit rating)

Nevertheless with crit proc on Wild Attack my parses only reach ~33% where I see many parses on youtube with above 40% crit rates.

What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by MimDerZwerg View Post
    I am capped with crit (700k) and got the extra percentage from all traits. (30% melee crit rating)

Nevertheless with crit proc on Wild Attack my parses only reach ~33% where I see many parses on youtube with above 40% crit rates.

What am I missing?
    There is a trait in redline, it's called Vicious Strikes. It increases your strike skill crit chance by 10%.
    In addition you can have the proc essence with 5% crit chance for 10sec and also true heroics in redline give you additional 10% crit for a short duration.
    If you want to contact me, pls don't write me a Private Message on the Forum.
    The best way is via Discord:
    Gertes#5389

Assuming Yellow with parts of Red line

Quote Originally Posted by Gertes View Post
    There is a trait in redline, it's called Vicious Strikes. It increases your strike skill crit chance by 10%.
    In addition you can have the proc essence with 5% crit chance for 10sec and also true heroics in redline give you additional 10% crit for a short duration.
    I am sorry, I was talking about Yellow Line.

Vicious strikes - check (completely with deep strikes)
    true heroics give 10% Melee on Yellow line (applies only to red line as you stated)
    Crit essence - check (never proc because i got the 5% damage also which always procs)

I always try keep strike skills on CD but I guess rest is proc chance.

25% - crit cap
    5% - red line crit
    10% - vicous strikes
    5% - proc wild attack
    5% - proc essence
    ---------------------
    50% at max proc
    40% on strike skills
    30% on blade skills

So I guess I have to use more strike skills to get the advantage

Quote Originally Posted by MimDerZwerg View Post
    I am sorry, I was talking about Yellow Line.

Vicious strikes - check (completely with deep strikes)
    true heroics give 10% Melee on Yellow line (applies only to red line as you stated)
    Crit essence - check (never proc because i got the 5% damage also which always procs)

I always try keep strike skills on CD but I guess rest is proc chance.

25% - crit cap
    5% - red line crit
    10% - vicous strikes
    5% - proc wild attack
    5% - proc essence
    ---------------------
    50% at max proc
    40% on strike skills
    30% on blade skills

So I guess I have to use more strike skills to get the advantage
    Get the 5% crit trigger instead, 5% damage one is garbage compared to 5% crit. 5% damage goes on top of mastery. And don't forget the 2.5% fellowship damage in case you have not got that one either.
    Captain-General Narthrivor r15 Hunter - r12 Warden - r12 Champion - r10 Captain - r6 Guardian - r9 Reaver - r9 Warg

Quote Originally Posted by RicoFTW View Post
    Get the 5% crit trigger instead, 5% damage one is garbage compared to 5% crit. 5% damage goes on top of mastery. And don't forget the 2.5% fellowship damage in case you have not got that one either.
    I abandoned the 5% damage and now the crit procs as expected. The fellowship damage is also slotted.
    I reached about 38% now and about 120k DPS (dwarf).

Still far from 190k yellow traces I saw.
    I guess I am missing 10% strike damage but this still does not make 70k DPS
    I am not sure if the missing crit rate is the problem.

Also need one 445 rune on 2 hand weapon which shouldn't make that difference.

It is always hard to diagnose what the problem is without proper infmormation.
    The best way to help you would be if you upload a video of a parse or to at least chare a screenshot of your damage breakdown.
    Gertes#5389

I will try to record a trace - thank you in advance.

Pretty sure my rotation or skill priority is not the best.

Also keep in mind that majority of those parses are done in glass cannon with anything between 900k - 1mil crit while for raiding you would normally be in a morale build but crit/mastery being just about capped with cappy buffs etc.
    Captain-General Narthrivor r15 Hunter - r12 Warden - r12 Champion - r10 Captain - r6 Guardian - r9 Reaver - r9 Warg

Quote Originally Posted by RicoFTW View Post
    Also keep in mind that majority of those parses are done in glass cannon with anything between 900k - 1mil crit while for raiding you would normally be in a morale build but crit/mastery being just about capped with cappy buffs etc.
    Yeah also stuff like hope token, Portant or 5% attack scrolls somewhat blur the results.
    I always try to go for a realistic and repeatable parse, even fervor pots can make a huge difference depending on your crit/devastate luck during its duration.
    Gertes#5389