We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Progression speed

I just wanted to be the first to post here. Do we know how much faster the progression will be on this server vs. Treebeard?

Yes, multiple times it has been stated that content unlocks will be every 2 months on Shadowfax versus 5-6 months on Treebeard.

Quote Originally Posted by NyblingN View Post
    Yes, multiple times it has been stated that content unlocks will be every 2 months on Shadowfax versus 5-6 months on Treebeard.
    Thank you, I have been away from this game for some time. I just happen to see a news feed on my phone the other night. I didn't look much further into it beyond putting a reminder on my Calendar

Editted: This server is for those who aren't interested in the grind. Yes, there's still X mobs to kill but that's alot easier when you are over leveled and for a bunch of content you will be. I get why Treebeard thrives- lots of folks loving the story; but there it's shoved down your throat. Imagine you literally have to do every single quest- kill x10 mobs you would normally... just to level. You can enjoy the story here too- you just won't die as often (depending on your difficulty setting).

For Example. I'm a lifer; but I quit playing a few years ago... my highest toon is level 106.

I have enough annual gifts and perks... without spending any mithril, destiny, etc... for a 300% XP bonus on top of whatever the server is set. I'm still playing normal- I forgot about the 'difficulty' setting that can potentially add even more xp!

I was a big crafter... but now I'm pushing late 20's and I was barely halfway through mastering apprentice- so now I have to go back and grind 'grey' quest areas for resources. Easily made level 20 just finishing all the deeds in Ered Luin where you'd actually be sent to Bree or Shire before pushing on. You can essentially skip all that and hit next leg up.

Yeah- crafters might help alts or others; but you won't be helping yourself until you approach cap.

Essentially this is potentially the 'OP' server...until you get close to cap. Almost all your deeds, virtues, etc will be done fighting 'grey' mobs, etc.
    Last edited by Thallan; Jul 04 2021 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallan View Post
    Editted: This server is for those who aren't interested in the grind. Yes, there's still X mobs to kill but that's alot easier when you are over leveled and for a bunch of content you will be. I get why Treebeard thrives- lots of folks loving the story; but there it's shoved down your throat. Imagine you literally have to do every single quest- kill x10 mobs you would normally... just to level. You can enjoy the story here too- you just won't die as often (depending on your difficulty setting).

For Example. I'm a lifer; but I quit playing a few years ago... my highest toon is level 106.

I have enough annual gifts and perks... without spending any mithril, destiny, etc... for a 300% XP bonus on top of whatever the server is set. I'm still playing normal- I forgot about the 'difficulty' setting that can potentially add even more xp!

I was a big crafter... but now I'm pushing late 20's and I was barely halfway through mastering apprentice- so now I have to go back and grind 'grey' quest areas for resources. Easily made level 20 just finishing all the deeds in Ered Luin where you'd actually be sent to Bree or Shire before pushing on. You can essentially skip all that and hit next leg up.

Yeah- crafters might help alts or others; but you won't be helping yourself until you approach cap.

Essentially this is potentially the 'OP' server...until you get close to cap. Almost all your deeds, virtues, etc will be done fighting 'grey' mobs, etc.

Unless you plan to do questing like on a normal server or get xp from skirmishes or group stuf, doing slayer deeds with grey mobs doesnt really seem like an option to me. From the servers description, it might seem like it is sufucient xp doing epic quests. It is far from suficient though. My solution is to fill up with xp from slayer deeds.