We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

I've read that rune keepers are very weak right now. Despite this, how is solo leveling with a RK?

Just wondering how solo RK leveling is going and any tips or tricks with a RK to understand for solo leveling?

Perhaps an endgame raider feels they're weak, but from the standpoint of a landscape solo artist, I absolutely love my yellow RK.

At lvl 130, I have two runestones I can drop. Those keep the mobs busy while I fry them. Although a 'squishy' class, I usually kill mobs so quickly that it's not an issue. Of course, it's important to be smart about how many mobs you deal with at a time!

I prefer yellow over red because I like the mobility of yellow and the lack of long inductions that you get with red.

If you're interested in playing an RK, give it a try. Judge for yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Chirrup View Post
    Perhaps an endgame raider feels they're weak, but from the standpoint of a landscape solo artist, I absolutely love my yellow RK.

At lvl 130, I have two runestones I can drop. Those keep the mobs busy while I fry them. Although a 'squishy' class, I usually kill mobs so quickly that it's not an issue. Of course, it's important to be smart about how many mobs you deal with at a time!

I prefer yellow over red because I like the mobility of yellow and the lack of long inductions that you get with red.

If you're interested in playing an RK, give it a try. Judge for yourself!
    Couldn't agree more. RKs are great, they burn thru mobs like a hot knife thru butter. Ignore all the doom mongers, the only time they leave their T5 Raid bubble is to moan on the forums
    Evernight - Walred (Champ), Walmur (RK), Walbert-2 (Cappy)

Soloing

I think the RK starts off a bit slow, but once he takes off....wow. My RK is my favorite character. Drops two stones, and then quickly rips my foes apart. Against a group is a little more difficult, but drop a stun stone, and start dropping the enemy, kite a little, and repeat. They say red is stronger, but I like yellow because there is almost zero cast time for most of the spells. Highly recommended character.

RK

Yes, a Runekeeper is a "Glass Cannon"... true..

I like to drop a heal stone, then a lightning stone (that will distract 1 or 2), while you fight the 3rd.
    Solo is possible with a lot of stealthing around (not actively fighting everything, and walking cautiously)

then knowing which of your spells do the MOST damage and using those first.

Also, know which spells you can cast while MOVING around. Keep heals ready, a potion ready, and a heal stone ready and you will live.
    Try grouping whenever possible.. find someone in the area and ask to group. most people will if they are already doing that quest.

g/l !!