We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Returning player question

Hi all, I used to play LOTRO quit a bit before 2015 with a number of level cap characters. I am looking at coming back and was thinking of just starting a new character on Treebeard as opposed to carrying on with my previous characters.

I do have a few questions that I was hoping someone could answer for me:
    - One of the things that I used to enjoy is raiding and was wondering if people/kins are activily raiding on this server?
    - If they are, are they still raiding in SOA or has it all moved to moria now?
    - Is there an active oceana community on the server?

Thanks for the help.

One of the things you have to be aware of is that unlike the legendary server Anor, Treebeard has the added difficulty settings. Some have chosen the server for this very purpose. However, the added difficulty does not come into play for instances. On top of this, pvmp is not available. So there are people who do raid and the like, but there isn't like "serious" activity on the server. Since some of the exclusionary legendary rewards are given from the instances, there is still a good chance you will find people wanting to do them.

Quote Originally Posted by jacqolive View Post
    Hi all, I used to play LOTRO quit a bit before 2015 with a number of level cap characters. I am looking at coming back and was thinking of just starting a new character on Treebeard as opposed to carrying on with my previous characters.

I do have a few questions that I was hoping someone could answer for me:
    - One of the things that I used to enjoy is raiding and was wondering if people/kins are activily raiding on this server?
    - If they are, are they still raiding in SOA or has it all moved to moria now?
    - Is there an active oceana community on the server?

Thanks for the help.

I'm a longtime player with highlevel toons on ark server but started here on treebeard last year and its been really fun. There are a number of active kinships that focus on different times when they are most active. to be honest i dont play on oceana primetime so i cant say how the activity is during that time. One thing that is nice, the one server for all EU/UK/US/Pac/Oceana players makes certain kins have different geographic groups/times within the same kin and creates more availability for grouping within the kin. I see a lot of pug groups in world chat especially for 6man instances. I know my kin schedules DN 12man raid about 3-4 times a week these days. a few months ago we were focused on SOA instances but now are focused on moria/lothlorien instances. We run SOA for deeds as people need them. the next exp mirkwood/dundland and lvl cap to 65 is planned for july. so if you jump in now you will have plenty of time to get caught up.

I have really enjoyed Treebeard and find the VIP paying community here very good.
    Brewstyr -- Arkenstone
    Larz -- Treebeard