We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New player reached lvl 60: what ways to improve gear solo?

Hello guys,

I just reached level 60 on Treebeard and it was great fun! However, I am complety lost now. Grouping is not an option for me due to family responsibilites and time constraints so I can only play solo. Currently I don't see any way of improving my gear without doing group content. Is that correct?

Is there any way (quests) that award motes of enchantment or medaillons of moria for solo players?

Is it possible to solo group content (my class is warden) to get currency? If so, what instances and what kind of build do I have to get there?

Is there any use for Embers of enchantment right now? Can I somehow exchange embers for motes?

Thank you for your responses!
    Last edited by JazVM; Apr 03 2022 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JazVM View Post
    Hello guys,

I just reached level 60 on Treebeard and it was great fun! However, I am complety lost now. Grouping is not an option for me due to family responsibilites and time constraints so I can only play solo. Currently I don't see any way of improving my gear without doing group content. Is that correct?

Is there any way (quests) that award motes of enchantment or medaillons of moria for solo players?

Is it possible to solo group content (my class is warden) to get currency? If so, what instances and what kind of build do I have to get there?

Is there any use for Embers of enchantment right now? Can I somehow exchange embers for motes?

Thank you for your responses!

What gear do you have? Without knowing that we can't tell what would be an upgrade.
    Keep in mind that if you don't do group content, you have no real need for the best gear, so you can most likely continue without upgrading your gear.

Crafted gear is an option. Level 58 gear is easily crafted, and good enough for all the solo quests at level 60. With enough reputation you can get and use recipes in Lothlorien for good level 60 gear.

You get some gear as quest rewards.

Skirmish camps should let you get some half-decent gear with marks and medallions - which you can earn solo.

My gear is already better than all the Skirmish gear. I basically bought lvl 60 crafted gear from the auction house and used the Motes of Enchantment on jewellery (purple travellers gear).

Could you tell me if there are any solo(ablo) quests that reward Motes of Enchantment? Or is there any other way I can get them?

My weekly mission quests award Embers of Enchantment which I haven't found any use for so far.

I have really done a lot of research on the wiki and it seems to me that there is now way I can progress any further playing solo. Can this be true?

Quote Originally Posted by JazVM View Post
    My gear is already better than all the Skirmish gear. I basically bought lvl 60 crafted gear from the auction house and used the Motes of Enchantment on jewellery (purple travellers gear).

Could you tell me if there are any solo(ablo) quests that reward Motes of Enchantment? Or is there any other way I can get them?

My weekly mission quests award Embers of Enchantment which I haven't found any use for so far.

I have really done a lot of research on the wiki and it seems to me that there is now way I can progress any further playing solo. Can this be true?

You can disenchant some items into Motes of Enchantment using the Flame of Ancalmir, and you can earn some as rewards for doing Missions, but keep in mind that Motes are mainly intended for use at level cap (level 130) rather than for leveling gear.

As for progress, that is not measured in gear but in finished content. Have you done all the solo quests for level 1-60? Many of the small fellowship quests are also soloable, as well as some fellowship quests.
    If you haven't, you obviously haven't progressed as far as you can.