We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Most challenging class with landscape difficulty?

Greetings fellows,

I seek you help here. I'm enjoying a return in lotro on tje Treebeard server and i'm trying classes for some 15 levels to see which one i'll "main". I love challenge and the possibility of increased difficulty. So far i'm set to dangerous because that eye of sauron thing really break my immersion, else i would have gone deadly at least +1.

My question here, which class will offer me yhe best challemging experience and not fall into steamrolling entire camps of mobs (which i dispise so much) ?

So my level 17 captain is already on the bench (already steamrollin). My LM need to be cautious at level 16 but i fear godmode will happen soon...

Next test would be burglar or warden, not sure.

What's your take?

I miss the old Angmar of 2008!
    Cereus - Burglar / Anor
    Onarius - Loremaster / Landroval
    Drexlorn, Zalken, Woaf - Warleader, Reaver, Warg / Landroval (Monsters)

They are all going to steamroll. You have not really increased the difficulty. The fire raining down on you is a bummer but I don't think you even really feel a difference in the mobs until you get there.
    All you are doing at this point is getting a slow xp steamroll.

I would consider going back and getting used to the fire raining down on you and then go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Faudyen View Post
    They are all going to steamroll. You have not really increased the difficulty. The fire raining down on you is a bummer but I don't think you even really feel a difference in the mobs until you get there.
    All you are doing at this point is getting a slow xp steamroll.

I would consider going back and getting used to the fire raining down on you and then go from there.
    Champ doesn't shing/shing untill his 40s or something. Once you get past lvl 20, mobs start hitting you with diseases and wounds way more often and without a way to properly cure them (every melee has it, why not champ?!), you'll be in for either a lot of downtime in between DoTs or popping lots of pots. Take the 'a lot of downtime' with a grain of salt of course.. it's only in comparison to the other classes of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Cambruyn View Post
    Champ doesn't shing/shing untill his 40s or something. Once you get past lvl 20, mobs start hitting you with diseases and wounds way more often and without a way to properly cure them (every melee has it, why not champ?!), you'll be in for either a lot of downtime in between DoTs or popping lots of pots. Take the 'a lot of downtime' with a grain of salt of course.. it's only in comparison to the other classes of course.
    Thats not totally true. I leveled my champion to 60 and had zero issues. Granted I didn't choose a difficulty but I definitely didn't feel like he was struggling until 40 lol

Mirage | Fathom | Situational Awareness | Reformed
    Arkenstone | Shadowfax | Treebeard

On Deadly+ it's a real struggle unless you have the necessary pots. The wights in the Barrow Downs for example apply a DoT taking +-10-12% of your HP per tick. When the ghosts 'reappear', they have an AoE which easily takes 35+% of your hp.
    If you don't bring the necessary pots, you're in for a hard time, whereas other heavy classes (Cappy, Beorning, Guard, .. ) all have cures at around lvl 20 on relatively short CDs. That being said, most people avoid the 'trickier' parts of Middle Earth, which is why there is hardly ever anyone doing the landscape quest around GA (elite mobs) or the trolls in Trollshaws etc.

Landscape is relatively easy on all classes, but if you're willing to push yourself, the hardest ones being Loremaster (pre-bog lurker when 'abusing' the pet 'bug'), Minstrel and Champ, mainly due to DOTs. IMO that is..