We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

SLOTRO KIN - Way of the Tortoise - Recruitment

The Way of the Tortoise kin has arrived on the shores of Anor.

Looking for a relaxed and laid back Kin environment? We are a friendly, helpful, social, and growing SLOTRO Progression Kin. We do consider ourselves a family. New players and seasoned vets welcome.

Current max level is 75. [Stone of the Tortoise] used kin wide.

Tortoises like to take things slow. By doing so, we can complete more content at the appropriate level. We have members who are altaholics, completionists, and/or have limited play time. Our level cap allows all these playstyles to go together, reducing the fear of “being left behind”. We have MANY alts spanning all levels, so there would always be similar leveled characters to adventure with and do content. We have quite a few Torts that will be keeping characters at level 50 to group for SoA "end game" content.

The [Stone of the Tortoise] is used to disable experience gain, and can be purchased from the LotRO Store for 100 LP.
    We have our Tort Fort on the island of Tol Lochul, in Maedhol, Belfalas, with all crafting stations and crates, open for anyone to use.

Our rules (thus far) are simple
    (1.) "Lore Appropriate Names" only. (Some have been grandfathered in, but nothing crude about the names)
    (2.) Equip your Stone prior to going over max level
    (3.) Be nice.
    (4.) Have fun.
    (5.) Keep Kinchat Family Friendly.
    (6.) Please edit your kin note with the name of your Main Tortoise on alts.
    (7.) New recruits will be promoted to full membership after a "get to know you" period, usually about two weeks if you’re active.
    (8.) Inactive characters will be removed from kin after 90 days. Welcomed back once active again.
    ____

LEVELING SCHEDULE
    and History of the Tortoises
    Founded - 16 November 2018 - by Mordrig the Dwarf Guardian

1-19 - 10 Days - 16Nov18 - 25Nov18 (We were still hashing out the leveling schedule and ideas at this time)
    20 - 4 weeks - 26Nov18 - 23Dec18 (Great Barrows)
    23 - 2 weeks - 24Dec18 - 6Jan19
    25 - 4 weeks - 7Jan19 - 2Feb19 (Fornost)
    28 - 2 weeks - 4Feb19 - 17Feb19
    30 - 2 weeks - 18Feb19 - 3Mar19
    32 - 4 weeks - 4Mar19 - 28Mar19 (GA)
    34 - 2 weeks - 29Mar19 - 11Apr19
    36 - 2 weeks - 12Apr19 - 25Apr19
    38 - 2 weeks - 26Apr19 - 9May19
    40 - 4 weeks - 10May19 - 6Jun19 (Annuminas)(Halls of Night)
    42 - 2 weeks - 7Jun19 - 20Jun19
    44 - 2 weeks - 21Jun19 - 4Jul19
    46 - 2 weeks - 5Jul19 - 18Jul19 (Goblin Town Throne Room (45))
    48 - 2 weeks - 19Jul19 - 1Aug19
    50 - 12 weeks - 2Aug19 - 16Nov19 (Angmar - Urugarth, Cam Dum, Barad Gularan - RIFT RAID - HELEGROD)
    54 - 4 weeks - 16Nov19 (AFTER Tortiversary Run) - 12Dec19
    56 - 4 weeks - 13Dec19 - 9Jan20
    60 - 12 weeks - 10Jan20 - 30Apr20
    65 - 12 weeks - 1May20 - 23Jul20
    75 - TBD - 24Jul20 - TBD

I will do my best to check this thread as often as I remember, but the best way to get more info is to contact in game via PM or in game mail.
    Please contact Mordrigar or any officer in game via PM or Mail.

~Mord
    Last edited by KaosReigns; Aug 04 2020 at 09:25 AM.
    MOAR ROAR!

Mordrigar (CAP) / Mordroar (BEO)
    Kinleader and Founder - Way of the Tortoise - Anor

Echoweaver is offline Meddler in the Affairs of Wizards
    You guys have always looked really awesome. Before I found my current kin on Anor, I was bummed you were on the other server. I'm happy where I am now, but I wish you good time and good growth on Anor!
    Anor veteran on Landroval: Ardith and Wensleydale
    Learning to raid on Landroval https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...League-Kinship

Quote Originally Posted by Echoweaver View Post
    You guys have always looked really awesome. Before I found my current kin on Anor, I was bummed you were on the other server. I'm happy where I am now, but I wish you good time and good growth on Anor!
    Thanks Echo.

We do have a significant number of members that the Torts is their main kin, but we also have quite a few members that are alts and have mains in other kins (even kin leaders ). Just a thought if that might be something you're interested in.

~Mord
    MOAR ROAR!

Hi there

I am a new player currently lvl21 and would like to join the kin please

Jasric

Quote Originally Posted by Jasric View Post
    Hi there

I am a new player currently lvl21 and would like to join the kin please
    Hi Jasric, sorry it's been a few days. If you haven't already, send an in game mail to Mordrig from the character looking to join. I'll have the officers keep an eye out for you. Alternatively, ask in world chat if any Tort officers are on or you can type /who tort into the chat and that will bring up all the Torts that are on. Then send a tell/message to anyone asking if an officer is available.

~Mord
    MOAR ROAR!

Hey, this sounds really awesome. Very tempted to make a character just to join. Do you guys have this Kin on any other servers? Say Evernight...arkenstone? If so, what is the level cap there at the minute? Would love to join.

Returning/new player

I have recently gotten the bug to return to LOTRO. The description of your Kinship appeals to me. It's been a number of years since I have played and I'm probably more of a new, rather than returning player what with all the changes that have been put into the game. I was wondering how a low level character would fit into your leveling schedule since it would be far behind where the schedule is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gormrid View Post
    Hey, this sounds really awesome. Very tempted to make a character just to join. Do you guys have this Kin on any other servers? Say Evernight...arkenstone? If so, what is the level cap there at the minute? Would love to join.
    Heya Gormrid, we are only on Anor. But from my understanding is that many servers have at least one "SLOTRO" kin. You are most welcome to join us on Anor though, if you are so inclined.
    MOAR ROAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Digby_57 View Post
    I have recently gotten the bug to return to LOTRO. The description of your Kinship appeals to me. It's been a number of years since I have played and I'm probably more of a new, rather than returning player what with all the changes that have been put into the game. I was wondering how a low level character would fit into your leveling schedule since it would be far behind where the schedule is now.
    Hi Digby! Absolutely! The majority is at our current cap, but we have many "younger" Torts as well as many alts to adventure with. Some of the "ol' time Torts" actually have different characters capped at different levels to adventure and do instances with the Torts that are coming up.
    MOAR ROAR!

Hello Mord,

My Wife and I are returning to the game and decided to give Anor a go. You Kin sounds like it is right up our alley. We both use the stone quite a bit to make sure we are not over leveling content and like to experience as much as we can. We are playing a guard/minstrel combo this time around and are looking to partake in 3 and 6 person content. I have played a captain in the past, but never really hit 6 person contact past the red maid stuff (was all 6 person the last time I ran it ).

If you are still looking for new players we would be happy to join your guild.

Thanks Mord and look forward to hearing from you.

Tortoise moving onto live?

hey there...
    with Anor closing down end of August 2022, are there plans to migrate to a live server and carry on the capped progression?

Quote Originally Posted by fealegwe2 View Post
    hey there...
    with Anor closing down end of August 2022, are there plans to migrate to a live server and carry on the capped progression?
    Greetings! Yes, we will be moving to Landy. We are at Anor cap now and we will move to game cap after moving to Landy. But, we do still have quite few Torts that are slow goers (like me) and many alts across all levels. Additionally we have several Adventure Groups that play and level their characters together once or twice a week.
    MOAR ROAR!