We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobySnackz View Post
    No it wont, the shuffle is here to stay right next to the lag, and you'll come to the same conclusion eventually.

Changing the map does not change mentality, and what little new or returning players is generated, will soon go extinct once again.

Also, as was mentioned by someone else, Orion wants smaller skirmishes between players, but then wants to add back the raid PvE of the delving. Do you really believe that people are going to raid up for the dragon, then break up into smaller groups to go back to PvP? If so then you have bigger faith in the community than I do.

I'm still waiting for all these new and returning players that were supposed to be generated with the LOTR dumpster fire show from Amazon lol.
    Well there's a serious dose of reality that will go ignored, and unheeded. I don't see how with the track record of lag for years, and failure of anything they try to progress, gives anyone hope. ie. skirmish, big battle, warsteed. over bloated everything, I mean I remember having a 2v2 encounter that lasted an hour, it was the best hour I spent in the moors, the power management was real, not like the joke it is now. and killing anyone in 2 seconds was a rare thing. very rare. now it is the norm. Raids of a 100 or more, with non crippling lag, yet it did admittedly stutter at times as to be expected of the days of grand sized raids, on both sides. but now it lags unplayable with 5-10, so yeah I don't see a future, or a great comeback. but hey keep trying, and hoping for another however many years.
    Cheesiepoofs Bane of Vilya

Some ideas to incentivise play in the Ettenmoors.

1. Legendary Reward Track XP per monster player defeat depending on the rank. Low LI XP for low ranks and high LI XP for high ranks.

2. Bounty quests - Kill x rank player for x rewards. Possibly make it required for you not to be defeated before returning to x location for the extra challenge?

3. Supply run quest - Deliver supplies to a keep within the time limit without being defeated. Could cash out reward or gamble on another supply run for higher rewards or lose everything gained.

2 and 3 could potentially work for monster players as well for defeats of ranked free people players and creep controlled keeps. Disabling the use of maps while the quest is active so that you can't just map around may be required.
    Last edited by Lyran86; Feb 13 2023 at 10:41 AM.
    Laurelin server | Streaming LOTRO on Twitch - www.twitch.tv/lyran1986 | Main Character: Captain | Alts: Hunter, Guardian, Rune-keeper, Lore-master, Burglar, Champion.

No it wont, the shuffle is here to stay right next to the lag, and you'll come to the same conclusion eventually.

Changing the map does not change mentality, and what little new or returning players is generated, will soon go extinct once again.

Also, as was mentioned by someone else, Orion wants smaller skirmishes between players, but then wants to add back the raid PvE of the delving. Do you really believe that people are going to raid up for the dragon, then break up into smaller groups to go back to PvP? If so then you have bigger faith in the community than I do.

I'm still waiting for all these new and returning players that were supposed to be generated with the LOTR dumpster fire show from Amazon lol.
    Lag yes. Shuffle no.
    I swear Lotro PvP must have stolen some yall's lunch money. The personal vendetta is wild. Pretty sure a lot of you aren't even playing right now but just being mad on the forums.
    Lotro PvP used to be absolute top tier. Then it was garbage so I left for like 4-5 years just occasionally checking in to find the dumpster fire lugz BD-Grams Shuffle or TR BD-GV shuffle. I have had more round the map action outside of the shuffle in the last 3 weeks than I had in the entirety of 4-5 years. Of course there will always be shufflers but NOW there's also other fights to be had around the map due to some of the recent changes. And these efforts by Orion will expand those opportunities even more. The lag remains a crippling issue but perhaps reducing NPC load or something will make it better. We'll see. But in terms of other changes the zone has moved in a positive direction, any attempt to say otherwise leads me to believe you're a shuffler who is mad there's other action. Or you just like hating things people like to be cool on the internet. Either way, blessings upon you, you need them.

(Retired... Maybe un-retired?) Arkenstone: Immanitas R12 Burg, Gorbat R12 Reaver, Sueahpro R11 Mini, Falsified R9 RK, -The Blood Hand
    Crickhollow: Orphluk R9 Warg, Orphelun-1 R8 RK. -The Blood Hand.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Moneyforever View Post
    Lag yes. Shuffle no.
    I swear Lotro PvP must have stolen some yall's lunch money. The personal vendetta is wild. Pretty sure a lot of you aren't even playing right now but just being mad on the forums.
    Lotro PvP used to be absolute top tier. Then it was garbage so I left for like 4-5 years just occasionally checking in to find the dumpster fire lugz BD-Grams Shuffle or TR BD-GV shuffle. I have had more round the map action outside of the shuffle in the last 3 weeks than I had in the entirety of 4-5 years. Of course there will always be shufflers but NOW there's also other fights to be had around the map due to some of the recent changes. And these efforts by Orion will expand those opportunities even more. The lag remains a crippling issue but perhaps reducing NPC load or something will make it better. We'll see. But in terms of other changes the zone has moved in a positive direction, any attempt to say otherwise leads me to believe you're a shuffler who is mad there's other action. Or you just like hating things people like to be cool on the internet. Either way, blessings upon you, you need them.
    Yes the recent changes have been so popular, that all the smaller servers are dead once again, after smaller servers were seeing action they hadnt seen in years prior to Emissaries coming in. You live in delusion and claim everyone else is mad. Dont play your phony virtuous blessings nonsense, save that for the feeble minded like yourself.

I have to wonder

I'm quite surprised by the proposed changes, as if there aren't already enough opportunities for Freeps to earn Inf and renown.
    The incentive is already there if someone wants to do PvE in the zone; one can earn more than enough.

The main issue is that one is useless in PvP during the early stages and needs a group to carry them, the proposed changes here don't accomplish anything in that direction.

A new player in the Ettenmoors simply doesn't have fun being farmed by other players, and it's not due to the skill of individual players; it's the current design, the proposed changes here don't accomplish anything in that direction.

And I don't think the problem is that there aren't enough free players; rather, there aren't enough creep players. Creeps have a significantly harder time leveling with the current quests, as burglers and hunters start lurking even before Grams, not to mention the Hobbit village.

I must say, I'm quite surprised by the approach here.
    Instead of allowing monsters to play in small groups, meaning to design the game in such a way that raids on the creep side can be dispensed with, the opposite is being achieved here.
    The more overpowered the freeps, the larger the group of creeps needs to be to be competitive.

The first thing Mr. Orion should do is reintroduce a cooldown for switching from freep to creep and set the cooldown to at least one hour.
    Next, perhaps Mr. Orion should step out of the comfort zone and see what other game developers are doing instead of always going their own way. As the recent changes have shown, the creeps have disappeared from most small servers and are now playing on EN or Ark.
    . So the freeps got nothing to do now and you add more Quest and turn that area into a PVE Zone ?! to repopulate the Thing.

As another example, the player who deals the final dmg to The Drake gets the Kill ? after killing 40 Dragons with 5-10 mil hp and clapping 600million Hp from the Boss the last one who does the dmg will get the Kill ?!?!?!??!?!!?!?!??!?! what in the F.

To Orion directly: Maybe you are not so isolated that you have someone in your family or circle of acquaintances who has not yet played LOTRO, and you could ask them to give it a try, especially playing as a monster, and ask him/her/it/ for feedback ?!

I dont want to be offensive here but all you do is offensive to me

6. Feb 13 2023, 03:19 PM

7. Feb 13 2023, 03:26 PM

8. Feb 13 2023, 04:09 PM

If you play on Ark you wouldn't know what proper PvP is. The shuffle will always be here, lets hope you wont when Orion's changes do nothing to make PvP better/different and your feelings get hurt. Go in peace troll.
    Playing this game exclusively for PvP is a path to pain. That said everyone who plays primarily to PvP in this game is on Ark. People on other servers occasionally PvP but the people who want PvP to be great because they won't play if it's not are all on Ark and EN.
    Like I said. Seems like Lotro PVP stole your lunch money. Changes are good. And as someone who is actually playing the game outside the shuffle the action has improved significantly and will continue to. But enjoy the dying shuffle

(Retired... Maybe un-retired?) Arkenstone: Immanitas R12 Burg, Gorbat R12 Reaver, Sueahpro R11 Mini, Falsified R9 RK, -The Blood Hand
    Crickhollow: Orphluk R9 Warg, Orphelun-1 R8 RK. -The Blood Hand.

The question for SSG is are you trying to get people to the Moors to PVE and thus populate the area even if it is not with PVP activity? Are these rewards designed to give freeps an alternative to the now year old dailes in Gundabad to obtain embers, traceries, enhancement runes, etc? Your suggestion of having gear from the Moors grant embers makes it better than the gear drops we get from Pughlak or Dhurstrok for example. Those on T1 give crafting mats when broken down. It would help to understand the goal here with the new PVE activities you are developing to bring people out to the PVP area. It sounds more like the Moors will be a PVE area where PVP can take place the way I read the activities and rewards.

11. Feb 13 2023, 04:40 PM

And I am closing the thread before we devolve any more. Thank you for your participation.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4