We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SchorschiSchrumpf View Post

Also: there is that tone limit of 64 simultanious sounds in the game .. you need a note counter to warn ppl if their huge arrangements have too many tones, it'll create lags and missing tones when played in the game.
    Didn't you notice the counter in the lower right corner ?
    Palantorio Rochalor
    * Frag dich nicht, was deine Sippe für dich tun kann, frag dich was Du für die Sippe tun kannst.. *
    Anführer / Leader : Belegaer - Bewahrer des Lichts
    Deascaith : Belegaer - Notenzauber
    Palwyn / Paldoria : Landroval - Notenzauber
    Rotmund : Sirannon - Notenzauber

Question

I am thinking about removing support for 32 bit Java.

PRO
    For those who use 32 bit now, it will mean less issues related to memory in big arrangements.
    Also it will mean I can ship it with more note samples, which will make it sound more like lotro. (and possibly make Maestro use less CPU)
    Double-clicking on a abc/mid/msx file will start the 64 bit version instead of the 32 bit. So no longer have to start Maestro through windows menu shortcut to get 64 bit version.

CON
    For those of you still using 32 bit, it means slight bit of hassle as you will have to go to java.com and download and install the 64 bit java.
    The Maestro download will be larger due to shipping more samples.

So what is the opinions on this?
    Aifel of Laurelin

Quote Originally Posted by Splik View Post
    I am thinking about removing support for 32 bit Java.

PRO
    For those who use 32 bit now, it will mean less issues related to memory in big arrangements.
    Also it will mean I can ship it with more note samples, which will make it sound more like lotro. (and possibly make Maestro use less CPU)
    Double-clicking on a abc/mid/msx file will start the 64 bit version instead of the 32 bit. So no longer have to start Maestro through windows menu shortcut to get 64 bit version.

CON
    For those of you still using 32 bit, it means slight bit of hassle as you will have to go to java.com and download and install the 64 bit java.
    The Maestro download will be larger due to shipping more samples.

So what is the opinions on this?
    For me it is ok
    Palantorio Rochalor
    * Frag dich nicht, was deine Sippe für dich tun kann, frag dich was Du für die Sippe tun kannst.. *

I'm fine with only 64.

64bit Maestro is fine by me as i only use 64bit, I'd imagine not many use 32bit anymore these days.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Released 2.5.0.81 and 2.5.0.82:

Version 2.5.0.81
    Code:
    - Maestro now accept karaoke midi files with .kar ending.
    - Added Close Project to main file menu. Suggested by Paane.
    - Polyphony counter now goes orange above 54 notes. Suggested by Jersiel. Will still go red at 64+.
    - Fixed that rare MIDIs with very low Pulse Per Quarter Note (PPQ) resolution could change note and rest lengths in non-swing mode and in mix timings mode.
        The fix makes the output in sync and correct tempo when using non-swing timing or mix timing or both.
        It does however not solve the imprecise timings of such MIDI when converted to ABC.
        I suggest for such MIDI, edit them to a finer resolution (for example PPQ of 480) in a MIDI editor.
        Thank you to Jersiel for hearing the issue in the first place.
    - Fixed that final rest in a abc part would start where the event that began last would end,
        instead of be sure to pick the event that actually ended last and use that ending.
    - Fixed that the very last chord of a abc part would not be broken up and tied,
        but instead would just be output even if notes in had different lengths.
        Lotro would not complain, but for consistency it will now also be broken up and tied.
    Version 2.5.0.82
    Code:
    - Made 64 bit the default version.
    - Removed support for 32 bit.
    - Included more samples for Horn and Bagpipe.
    - Polyphony counter now also shows peak concurrent playing notes. Suggested by Jersiel.
        But do remember again that due to technical reasons Maestro note fadeout time is longer than in lotro,
        and since notes in fadeout phase is counted, the polyphony numbers have a tendency to be too high.
    - German and French words for 'center', 'left' and 'right' in part titles will now also change stereo pan.
        The words recognized is now: left, links, gauche, right, rechts, droite, middle, center, zentrum, mitte and centre.
        Upper or lower case does not matter.
    - Added limited support for Songbook variants based on The Badgers Chapter.
        It can output title, genre and mood.
        There is also an option to output all parts played for convenience.
        There is no way to select individual parts to be played.
    Aifel of Laurelin

I'm having a couple problems with maestro and the abc player. If either isn't open I can click on an .abc song or .mid song and it will open the abc player or maestro respectively. Once I have a song in the players I can't click on another song and have it automatically play. I have to drag the file into the respective player. Previously I was able to click on a midi file or abc file and go down the list and have them play. Now I have to drag them into the player.

Alright, I will look into that. Thanks.
    Aifel of Laurelin

Alright, I will look into that. Thanks.
    i am having the same problem since i upgraded last year to your AifelMaestro in ~August..
    Palantorio Rochalor

Should be fixed in 2.5.0.83
    Aifel of Laurelin

Thank you for changes, and your mod! Is there a way to edit the .abc file within Maestro? Let's say you wanted to shorten a long piece, maybe snip out a section that is annoyingly repeating is that possible within Maestro? If not, what would be the best way to do that?

If the section you want to shorten is in the middle, then there is no way to do that from maestro.

But if you want to cut out something from beginning or end, then that is very easy. Just use the section editor (Press the 'S' button of parts to open it).
    The instructions for using the section editor is in the document "Changes since Maestro 2.5.0.txt", there is both a link to a video and in the changelog there is instructions, just scroll down a bit to the parts about section editor.
    Plus section editor has lots of tooltips and text explaining how to use it.
    Aifel of Laurelin

Also another thing. For annoying repeating sections in middle of a song, there is some tricks you can use:

The tricks all rely on section editor, lets say you have 3 sections each doing the same thing:
    1st section - Try muting one or more instruments only in this section.
    2nd section - Octave transpose one or more instruments only in this section.
    3rd section - Octave double 1 or more of the instruments only in this section.

I hope you get what I am hinting at. With section editor there are many ways to make some dull repeating section become more varied. Many options, could also silence drums in some parts etc etc.
    Aifel of Laurelin

14. Apr 08 2022, 05:05 PM

2.5.0.85 released.

It has a new drum feature which was done as a collaboration between Jersiel and me.

Code:
    Version 2.5.0.85
    - Made extra check to be sure no duplicate drum notes are output as lotro will accept them but not double play them.
    Code:
    Version 2.5.0.84
    - Added 8 new drum sounds that each is a combi of 2 drum sounds, their names start with "Xtra".
        The sounds are some bass, snares and a crash cymbal. Jersiel supplied the combis, except one.
        Note that because they are 2 sounds, they will sound louder, and will eat into the 6 note limit fast, plus add to the 64 full song limit also.
        Note pruning down to 6 for a part, might split them up too, prune one of its sounds but not the other.
        So be very mindful of how the track(s) and song is made when considering to use these.
        Its mostly a convenience for small bands. If you need combis and have band members enough,
        consider choosing 2 drum parts instead and make combis yourself to circumvent the 6 note limit.
        Note that the new Xtra combi sounds cannot be listened to as solo drum sound, but you can still listen solo to the whole drum part.
    - Note pruning down to 6 for drum is now less arbitrary. Louder notes are prioritized and bass notes too.
        Note that pruned drum notes is not shown in yellow even if that feature is enabled.
    - Made a new comment field in each part that tells which lotro instrument it was made for (%%made-for).
        Since transcribers might not use the instrument-name when they name a part, or use it in another language,
        this is added so can choose the right instrument in AbcPlayer and Maestro when loading abc files, less guessing.
        Only forward compatible. If loading old abc files, it will work the old way with guessing from %%part-name or part title (T:).
    - Made sure peak counter is reset when opening new song. But if notes from previous song is still in decay phase then they might increase the counter anyway.
    - Changed font of polyphony counter.
    Aifel of Laurelin

V. 2.5.0.86 is out.
    I have together with Jersiel refined the algorithm for which notes to discard when there is more than 6 on a part.

Code:
    Version 2.5.0.86
    - Refined the note pruning algorithm for staying under 6 simultaneous notes per instrument. Done in cooperation with Jersiel.
    - Removed the "Show discarded notes in yellow" feature.
        It could get confusing when only part of a note got discarded, but the UI would show entire note as discarded.
    Aifel of Laurelin

2.5.0.91 released.

Code:
    - Support for very long MIDIs.
        Tested up to 2 hours and 11 minutes, but probably can handle much more.
    - Fix for missing "Delete" part button on MacOS.
        It will make the left panels wide enough to show LM Bassoon as a part. Which will then also make room for the delete button.
    - LCM algorithm improvement for mix timing. Result should be the same, but slightly faster.
    Aifel of Laurelin

New version released.

Code:
    Version 2.5.0.92
    - Added an Edit menu item for (de)selecting all tracks in AbcPlayer.
    - Added a Recent Opened files menu item in AbcPlayer.
    - Prevent clearing tracks and mess up MIDI player by not having an abc part selected (does not matter if its assigned or not),
        so often only MIDI drum tracks would play. Wouldn't mess up ABC preview playing though.
        This is the new mechanisms:
        - Prevented Delete part button from deleting the last remaining part from the list.
        - When deleting the first part in the list, the new first part will now be properly selected.
        - If CTRL-clicking the selected part, the first part will now be selected, so a part is always selected.
    Code:
    Version 2.5.0.93
    - A more elegant solution to not allowing to delete last part.
    - Disable Close Project menu item, when nothing is opened.
    - Add copy/paste buttons to section-editor. Works across parts. Will only copy the bar starts and ends plus if they are enabled.
    - If open a msx file and had to find the midi file in another than the original location, then the project will now be marked as modified.
    - When opening a MIDI it will now do a better job of guessing the artist and title from the filename. Sometimes it might switch them around though.
    - When suggesting an abc filename, it will now remove extra dots, as lotro do not like them.
    - Add an export timestamp to the abc header, like this example: %%export-timestamp 2022-10-22 08:26:11
    Aifel of Laurelin

New version released

Also I made some videos explaining how to get from installing Maestro and making first song to understanding how Maestro deal with triplets, long notes, pitch bends, doing more than 15 parts and other stuff.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Stpj8JPXjCGR_Q

Code:
    Version 2.5.0.94
    - Added a note button next to zoom button. The note you write will be saved in the msx project file, not the abc file.
        You can use it to keep notes of why you arranged it a certain way,
        or what still needs to be done. Or to keep track of the lyrics.
    - A 99% fix for Soundblaster Audigy 5 not respecting master volume setting when skipping in certain MIDIs.
    - Added a Numerate button to auto assign numbers to identical instrument part titles
        So "Lute" and "Lute 4" will become "Lute 1" and "Lute 2".
        It doesn't work when part titles is not in English or if an instrument name is not recognized.
        Basically it does not attempt to modify or count parts that does not start with an instrument name and then ends or have a number at the end.
    Aifel of Laurelin

Version 2.5.0.96 released

It has a new feature.
    I explain how it works in the video "Timing 2" in the Youtube playlist that I mentioned in last message.
    Aifel of Laurelin

Yay, version .100

Code:
    Version 2.5.0.100
    - Added a Tune editor that allows setting tempo changes and seminote transposing for certain bars.
    Aifel of Laurelin

V. 2.5.0.103 is out.

Code:
    - Doubled the number of available sections in section-editor and tune-editor. Moved the help text into a tooltip, just hover mouse over 'Help'.
    - When manually changing a part number so that the numbering scheme no longer applies for 1 or more parts,
        those parts will not be auto assigned new numbers but will keep their numbers.
    Aifel of Laurelin

New version released

Also I made some videos explaining how to get from installing Maestro and making first song to understanding how Maestro deal with triplets, long notes, pitch bends, doing more than 15 parts and other stuff.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Stpj8JPXjCGR_Q
    You do such great work. I appreciate the effort and time you put into helping make LOTRO music better!

Version 2.5.0.104 released

Code:
    - Removed the exe files, it will now use the bat files instead.
        This should solve the issue some users have experienced with running out of memory.
        The first time you run Maestro or AbcPlayer, your firewall might ask you to allow Java to connect to network. You can allow or disallow, it does not use Internet, so either should work.
          Technical explanation: It use ports locally for passing file path to already running program when opening files, hence why firewall asks.
    Aifel of Laurelin

Version 2.5.0.104 released

Code:
    - Removed the exe files, it will now use the bat files instead.
        This should solve the issue some users have experienced with running out of memory.
        The first time you run Maestro or AbcPlayer, your firewall might ask you to allow Java to connect to network. You can allow or disallow, it does not use Internet, so either should work.
          Technical explanation: It use ports locally for passing file path to already running program when opening files, hence why firewall asks.
    So when I updated my Maestro file the AbcPlayer.exe & Maestro.exe file that are still in the folder would not run. At first I wasn't able to open the .bat files. But when I clicked on the AbcPlayer.jar or the Maestro.jar (both with the java icon), they opened up. It was a little confusing because there are still the .exe files in my folder. Then I tried the .bat files again, and after giving it permission, it would open. However, they don't have the cute little maestro and abc icons. Is there anyway to change that?

I'm reluctant to have my band members update to this latest version, because I'm not sure they'll understand to click on the bat file instead.. (I changed it by creating a shortcut...but windows won't let me pin it to my taskbar.)
    Last edited by Hannariel; Apr 13 2023 at 10:29 AM.

How did you install? Using MSI or ZIP?

If you installed using MSI, the exe files should be gone. I forgot to remove the exe files from the ZIP, will be done in next release.

When you talk about giving them permission, what kind of permission do you mean?

No, you cannot change the icon of the bat files, but you can make a shortcut to them, and change the icon on that.

If You installed using MSI, there should be automatically made shortcuts inside the window start menu, that you can pin to your start bar, taskbar or desktop as you like.
    Last edited by Splik; Apr 13 2023 at 12:04 PM.
    Aifel of Laurelin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast