We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    I can't wait til fall fest...I need those silky gloves...I got kinnies who need to be slapped like a hobbit................
    Excuse me while I whip this out....

The events schedule has now been updated through the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Event: Start Time: End Time:
    25% Skirmirsh Mark 11/23/16@10am 11/29/16@3am
    VIP Event boost 11/23/16@10am 11/29/16@3am
    Shouldn't the dates for the Skirmish Mark weekend be 11/17-11/21 and the dates for VIP weekend be 11/24-11/28 since most weekend things are Thurs-Mon?

Hobnanigans 10/6/16@10am 10/11/16@3am
    Shouldn't this end the 10th?

Last edited by Cerridwen; Sep 28 2016 at 07:03 PM.
    R.I.P. Elendilmir [30 Mar 2007-2015]
    R.I.P. Ithil [23 Mar 2019-23 May 2021]
    R.I.P. Anor [23 May 2021-10 Aug 2022]
    R.I.P. my handsome Man Hunter [7 Apr 2008-19 Apr 2023]

Thumbs up

Yay 4 new event!
    “ädvëntürës ärë nöt äll pönÿ-rïdës ïn mäÿ-sünshïnë.”

Thanks for the new events schedule Cordovan! Looking forward to the festivals.

North Ithilien event??? I'm guessing this has something to do with flowers. But I don't see how that will appeal to anyone who isn't level capped. Can you give is more info on this, Cordovan? Or is this one of thus hush hush keep em guessing dealies?

I assume that it is a one time event, similar to the events that were run before the Moria and Helms Deep expansions were rolled out. Which means, the players of each server will unite their efforts in collecting tokens and donating them to a NPC until they reach a certain threshold; and after that they will have access to specific (cosmetic) rewards that they can barter.

Greetings, Polymachos
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Awkward Anomalities Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Elderslade under attack!

Scared people tend to follow the flock, no matter which shepherd it has

Lightbulb

New: North Ithilien Event 12/8/16@10am 12/14/16@3am
    Yule Festival 12/15/16@10am 1/9/17@3am
    Why start the North Ithilien Event so late in the year & since it coincide the date with the seasonal Yule Festival? People will be forced to choose if they want to assist to one mayor event or the other. On a good side, you still have plenty time to change the schedule to put North Ithilien event on a more convenient, earlier date like in November.

cdq1958 is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    Why start the North Ithilien Event so late in the year & since it coincide the date with the seasonal Yule Festival? People will be forced to choose if they want to assist to one mayor event or the other. On a good side, you still have plenty time to change the schedule to put North Ithilien event on a more convenient, earlier date like in November.
    It doesn't look like it coincides. The North Ithilien event is ending as the Yule Festival is beginning. The overlap will be a matter of hours, if any. ;p
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Where exactly is this schedule posted? A link to it would be helpful.

Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Awkward Anomalities Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Elderslade under attack!

Scared people tend to follow the flock, no matter which shepherd it has

Quote Originally Posted by Secundus_Tiberius View Post
    Where exactly is this schedule posted? A link to it would be helpful.
    The schedule is presented in the opening post. A link is given in the post below yours and above mine.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).

Thanks a lot Cordovan.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

New: North Ithilien Event 12/8/16@10am 12/14/16@3am
    North Ithilien Event! "What isss it preciouss what isss it?"
    Éalá Éarendel engla beorhtast,
    ofer middangeard monnum sended,
    ond sóð
    fæsta sunnan léoma,
    torht ofer tung
    las, þú tída gehwane,
    of sylfum þé symle inlíhtes!

-
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    Shouldn't the dates for the Skirmish Mark weekend be 11/17-11/21 and the dates for VIP weekend be 11/24-11/28 since most weekend things are Thurs-Mon?

For the Skirmish bonus, you can thank the U.S. Thanksgiving holiday for the extra bonus time.

You also bring up a point I wanted to clarify, but didn't in my rush to post yesterday: I am testing the idea of giving everyone exact start and stop times for our bonus events. We'll still have to use our historical announcement format of using the first full day as our start time and through the last full day as our end time for our promotional pages and newsletters, but in reality the bonuses are generally set to turn on at 10:00 AM Eastern (currently -4 GMT) on Thursdays, and turn off at 3:00 AM Eastern on early Monday morning. If my announcement causes too much confusion, I can switch back.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfVagabonds View Post
    North Ithilien event??? I'm guessing this has something to do with flowers. But I don't see how that will appeal to anyone who isn't level capped. Can you give is more info on this, Cordovan? Or is this one of thus hush hush keep em guessing dealies?
    We'll talk about it when the time comes, but in general all of our bonuses are more/better of The Thing.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post

It does end on the 10th at midnight Pacific Time (US), which will be standard time UTC -5 for Eastern, thus 3AM the 11th Eastern; and UTC -8 for Pacific.

We'll talk about it when the time comes, but in general all of our bonuses are more/better of The Thing.
    I have a feeling this will be kind of like the bounder's bounty event, maybe?
    That one was pretty cool, too bad I missed all the decoration stuff that at the time of the event I didn't care about lol

Here is the current events schedule. Please note that events and their start and stop times can change.

ALL TIMES EASTERN. Click here for a time zone conversion tool from Timeanddate.com

Fall Festival 10/18/16@10am 11/3/16@3am
    Hobnanigans 11/3/16@10am 11/7/16@3am
    Lootbox Weekend 11/10/16@10am 11/14/16@3am
    25% Skirmirsh Mark 11/23/16@10am 11/29/16@3am
    VIP Event boost 11/23/16@10am 11/29/16@3am
    Hobnanigans 12/1/16@10am 12/5/16@3am
    New: North Ithilian Event 12/8/16@10am 12/14/16@3am
    Yule Festival 12/15/16@10am 1/9/17@3am
    25% XP Boost 12/22/16@10am 12/27/16@3am
    Buried Treasure Event 12/29/16@10am 1/3/17@3am
    Any way we can get this in a google calendar format, like the LotRO Streamers one, but separate from that?

Quote Originally Posted by DiogoVP View Post
    I have a feeling this will be kind of like the bounder's bounty event, maybe?
    That one was pretty cool, too bad I missed all the decoration stuff that at the time of the event I didn't care about lol
    He said it will be "more/better of The Thing", which sounds like it's just increased flower drop rates for that week. At best some unique flowers will drop that week only. I doubt it will be a whole new event or festival.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    He said it will be "more/better of The Thing", which sounds like it's just increased flower drop rates for that week. At best some unique flowers will drop that week only. I doubt it will be a whole new event or festival.
    oh, but bounder's bounty was nothing but collecting items (from mobs) to trade for something unique to that event. There was nothing complex about it. Maybe this North Ithilien event will feature increased drop rates of the ''flowers'' plus new barter options to encourage more people to collect from those flowers during that period, since this event will only take place in December. I would love if some of the decoration stuff that was available during Bounder's Bounty made a comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    He said it will be "more/better of The Thing"
    OMG! You know what this means, don't you? I'm so totally psyched!

Turbine must have hired Kurt Russell to reprise his role in The Thing! I'm not exactly sure how the LotRO/Thing crossover is gonna work exactly as they're totally different genres... but... KURT RUSSELL! OMGOMGOMG!

Oh wait... flower picking... I get the crossover now.

New: North Ithilian Event 12/8/16@10am 12/14/16@3am
    I wonder what this new event will be, seems nice to have an end game event at high level area
    Last edited by Pontin_Finnberry; Oct 05 2016 at 09:29 PM.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

They, maybe Cordovan, have forgotten completely the Times for the Events in Europe, which are 6 Hours behind...10 a.m. in New Jersey means in Europe 4 p.m. , and 3 a.m. at New Jersey means 9 a.m. in Europe...So all of the Festival or Events in Europe starts at 4 p.m. and ends up at 9 a.m., ...

Don`t forget your Players in England, France, Germany and others in Europe...They are 6 Hours behind your Festivals Times ...
    Last edited by Munzel; Oct 05 2016 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Munzel View Post
    Don`t forget your Players in England, France, Germany and others in Europe...They are 6 Hours behind your Festivals Times ...
    They haven't forgotten this is main reason in the US a festival starts a day early then said cause rest of the world is a day later

Edit: what you mean behind? your time would be ahead if in Europe...
    Last edited by Pontin_Finnberry; Oct 06 2016 at 10:03 AM.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast