We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Sthrax is offline Defender of the Hornburg
    Wandering, but not lost
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfLions View Post
    I'm a little surprised at the interest, to be honest -- I was under the impression that people mostly wanted mounted combat to remain behind us. But I'm willing to listen if I've gotten that wrong.

MoL
    Add me to the list of wanting to see mounted combat scaled. I think at least some of the negative feedback on it stems from the fact that it is pointless to invest any effort into it once you are past Rohan and, to a lesser extent, Gondor. If you make mounted combat a viable method of progression, I think more people would invest in it. For those that don't like it, they still can use their unmounted skills without any change from what occurs now.

Skills and stats need to scale to 130, but I would also set up the bridles to be imbued, which would also increase the viability of mounted combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymore View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. Given current trends in Crafting it would probably cost hundreds of Leathers and dozens of special items to craft ac Mounted Relic.
    Well currently you need to have 3 T10 relics and a plethora of shards for each to get 2 of the the relics you need, so it's not that easy either.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

I'm a little surprised at the interest, to be honest -- I was under the impression that people mostly wanted mounted combat to remain behind us. But I'm willing to listen if I've gotten that wrong.

MoL
    I wish it had never fallen by the wayside.

Quote Originally Posted by Sthrax View Post
    Add me to the list of wanting to see mounted combat scaled. I think at least some of the negative feedback on it stems from the fact that it is pointless to invest any effort into it once you are past Rohan and, to a lesser extent, Gondor. If you make mounted combat a viable method of progression, I think more people would invest in it. For those that don't like it, they still can use their unmounted skills without any change from what occurs now.

Skills and stats need to scale to 130, but I would also set up the bridles to be imbued, which would also increase the viability of mounted combat.
    I'd also like imbued bridle. And the ones who don't like mounted combat can completely ignore it. You don't even need to complain of the LI grind about bridle, because as you hate it, you don't have to do it. But I assume that is too much work for SSG, so I'd be happy with just scaling the morale, mits and dps.
    Anamura, Sunnarea, Silenius, Neushiro, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Fingaladir, Meowear, Virgalia, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)
    Amilegeth, Wargarr, Shakarabash, Luklubuz, Grishlukashkahkh, Dashkanakh
    "One lag to lag them all and in the lagness lag them"

MoL
    For the love all things holy dont scale mounted combat. Leave it in the graveyard where it belongs. Work on developing and improving the things we have that people enjoy using. I recommend:

PvMP Update (not related to mini server)
    Class Balance
    Fixing the broken walls in the moors
    Crafting
    Kinship thing you guys promised???

Those are just a couple ideas. MC should be left to Rohan, or just deleted from the game.

Mirage | Fathom | Situational Awareness | Reformed
    Arkenstone | Shadowfax | Treebeard

Quote Originally Posted by Rimenuir View Post
    For the love all things holy dont scale mounted combat. Leave it in the graveyard where it belongs. Work on developing and improving the things we have that people enjoy using. I recommend:

Class Balance
    Fixing the broken walls in the moors
    Crafting
    Kinship thing you guys promised???

Those are just a couple ideas. MC should be left to Rohan, or just deleted from the game.

Inadmisible. Atleast a morale increase of warsteed should be scaled so you're not 1-shot while travelling or having to trait sacrifice.

Sthrax is offline Defender of the Hornburg
    Wandering, but not lost
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimenuir View Post

MC should be left to Rohan, or just deleted from the game.
    Oh the irony of someone saying Mounted Combat should be left in the graveyard or deleted from the game, and then clamoring for a PvMP update. From my perspective (as someone who once PvMP'd a lot), PvMP being deleted would solve far more game and community issues than getting rid of mounted combat.

If we are going to continue to have warsteeds in the game, they ought to be scaled so they can survive in the high level areas. I have to agree that they are laggy and difficult to use, but if they are not going to be removed at least maintain them. They could still be useful in places like Strongholds of the North. There are open enough areas around Dale to use them. They might be very useful at some future point if the far-east is developed. Rhun and Khand could have wide open plains to make Rohan look like a fenced-in backyard.

That said, the new area is not open enough for warsteed combat or those hyper-active warg riders. Please do change the AI to "moria-style" warg riders in the update.

LOL at people who think calling for scaling of Warsteeds = calling for the return of Mounted Combat. Mounted Combat belongs in Rohan. It makes sense there, a whole lot more than anywhere else.

But we still use them! Or are we really saying that NONE of you uses a warsteed to ride faster everywhere you can? There are countless threads of people complaining / asking about how to not get dismounted. A regular steed survives more hits that a WS. That is crazy. Scaling the WS stats (even skills if Devs wish) doesn't mean Warbands have to come back. Nor Black Serpent riders.

Oh the irony of someone saying Mounted Combat should be left in the graveyard or deleted from the game, and then clamoring for a PvMP update. From my perspective (as someone who once PvMP'd a lot), PvMP being deleted would solve far more game and community issues than getting rid of mounted combat.
    Yeah there is a lot of irony in people who hate warsteeds.

They want mounted combat to be optional and they say to remove it completely, so the ones who enjoy it don't have the option anymore.

And now this... I also PVMP as creep, and lmao, kinship revamp? really?

Guys, if you hate mounted combat so much that you don't even want to have it scaled so you don't get oneshoot... I invite you to Nazguls run in Mordor Besieged to ride with us but in your normal steed or running xD
    Anamura, Sunnarea, Silenius, Neushiro, Wandrassa, Wuldar, Fingaladir, Meowear, Virgalia, Turgamar (Old Fegefeuer)

This is where players need to take care in what they are asking for. Sure, for anything post Gondor, to Vales, players that do not like mounted combat can just carry on playing on foot, but what happens when they reintroduce mounted combat to a region - for players on foot - is what we have now in Wilderland and why this thread exists. This thread has a lot of people that enjoy MC, asking for horses to be scaled, so that they can enjoy the mounted foes we are now experiencing in the new region. If they take on that suggestion, then those people will be happy, but the people playing on foot will still have to contend with those mounted mobs running around - unless they too, get up on their horses and fight. So, no, they won't be able to carry on using their unmounted skills without any change. They will be forced up onto horseback. That is what this thread is about, and even the people that enjoy MC want their warsteeds scaled up because fighting these mobs on foot is no fun.

This is a fine line if they wish to keep all happy. Just making horses strong without adding mounted foes, isn't proper mounted combat. That's just easy mode mowing down of non mounted mobs. For it to work, the stronger horses need to be matched with proper mounted foes, and if they add those, then the people that don't like MC, won't enjoy a region.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

put up a poll in the launcher for every1 to click on

option 1 bring back mounted combat? imbued LI's, scaled, etc the whole nine yards? understand this will take away valuable dev hours from XYZ.
    Option 2 - don't care
    option 3 - hell no
    option 4 - yes please, but only after XYZ is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fegefeuer View Post
    I'd also like imbued bridle. And the ones who don't like mounted combat can completely ignore it. You don't even need to complain of the LI grind about bridle, because as you hate it, you don't have to do it. But I assume that is too much work for SSG, so I'd be happy with just scaling the morale, mits and dps.
    you were part of the people complaining about LI grind and now you say the contrary ...

I'd rather have devs spend time on new haircuts rather than mounted combat

MoL
    I liked the mounted combat. I played a Champion, a Hunter, a Captain and a Beorning through Rohan. With every class of them, it was even possible to fight the wargroups, if you level your bridle with supporting sttributs, skill the warsteed correctly, and use your skills (and read the description of them) approptiate.

So for me personally, i would really like it, to use an improved mounted combat, but with specially for this designed areas and enemies.

LotRO is a game with so much facettes, which players kan use to play the game in different styles, nad mounted combat is one of this.
    In extreme, i even know players which play the game for more than four years just as a business simulation. The only barter, craft and sell items at the auction hall. They love to do this cause it is in the world of Middle Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by FaeForSin View Post
    you were part of the people complaining about LI grind and now you say the contrary ...

I'd rather have devs spend time on new haircuts rather than mounted combat
    Nah, I'm not saying the contrary. Even complaining about LI grind, I have been always up for imbued bridles. Because:

- Bridles are optional, if you hate mounted combat you have zero reasons to max the imbued bridle
    - Personally, if imbued bridles become a thing, I would only max it in 1 character, I don't care much on the others
    - Imbued bridle = scaled warsteed forever at least regarding legacies, because even if you don't max it, with every new cap, there will be new tiers, so scaling will be automatic

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    This is where players need to take care in what they are asking for. Sure, for anything post Gondor, to Vales, players that do not like mounted combat can just carry on playing on foot, but what happens when they reintroduce mounted combat to a region - for players on foot - is what we have now in Wilderland and why this thread exists. This thread has a lot of people that enjoy MC, asking for horses to be scaled, so that they can enjoy the mounted foes we are now experiencing in the new region. If they take on that suggestion, then those people will be happy, but the people playing on foot will still have to contend with those mounted mobs running around - unless they too, get up on their horses and fight. So, no, they won't be able to carry on using their unmounted skills without any change. They will be forced up onto horseback. That is what this thread is about, and even the people that enjoy MC want their warsteeds scaled up because fighting these mobs on foot is no fun.

This is a fine line if they wish to keep all happy. Just making horses strong without adding mounted foes, isn't proper mounted combat. That's just easy mode mowing down of non mounted mobs. For it to work, the stronger horses need to be matched with proper mounted foes, and if they add those, then the people that don't like MC, won't enjoy a region.
    I agree with you, however...

- People who hate mounted combat most likely won't play it even if the warsteeds get scaled. If an area has mounted enemies and you dislike mounted combat - my answer to this, it's that I dislike essences and I want an option to gear without essences. Everyone dislikes something about the game, the game can't make everyone happy. Warsteeds is something unique to lotro, just like big battles, or even the imbued legendary system, it's sad that the unique stuff lotro has to offer is what people want to dissappear, why do you want to play a generic mmo?
    - I think adding wargriders with mounted AI in this region is just a mistake because it isn't designed for mounted combat due to cliffs etc
    - Mounted combat could be really cool in regions such as Harad or Rhûn, as someone else said. Imagine mounted combat in a the sands of Harad
    - As someone else said, they could make mounted enemies to be in a certain area, not a whole region. Just like Limlight gorge, but instead a fellowship designed area, a mounted combat area. So, people who enjoy mounted combat can enjoy it, and those who don't, be done with that area fast and move on, or completely ignore it. Personally, I'd LOVE a Broadacres-style area in Harad! I had so much fun in there with my kin back in times!
    - Anyway, when you get dismounted because shadow auras of underleveled mobs, you have clear that warsteed MUST be scaled
    Last edited by Fegefeuer; Apr 28 2020 at 07:35 AM.

I agree with you, however...

- People who hate mounted combat most likely won't play it even if the warsteeds get scaled. If an area has mounted enemies and you dislike mounted combat - my answer to this, it's that I dislike essences and I want an option to gear without essences. Everyone dislikes something about the game, the game can't make everyone happy. Warsteeds is something unique to lotro, just like big battles, or even the imbued legendary system, it's sad that the unique stuff lotro has to offer is what people want to dissappear, why do you want to play a generic mmo?
    - I think adding wargriders with mounted AI in this region is just a mistake because it isn't designed for mounted combat due to cliffs etc
    - Mounted combat could be really cool in regions such as Harad or Rhûn, as someone else said. Imagine mounted combat in a the sands of Harad
    - Anyway, when you get dismounted because shadow auras of underleveled mobs, you have clear that warsteed MUST be scaled
    A player can play without essences (or at least, play with basic ones). They will of course be weaker but the play style doesn't change. The mechanic is still to stand in combat with a foe, despite how long it takes. Throwing in far ranging, fast mounted foes to a player that plays on foot, whether that player enjoys properly working mounted combat or not, changes the play style. The mechanic is thrown, and when the mob is charging around swiftly over great distances, the on foot player can't compete.

We already have a way to prevent dismounts. We direct all damage to ourselves via Sacrifice. Is it ideal, no, it isn't, but when not in mounted combat regions (proper ones where there are mounted foes) it works just fine. For years, some players have wanted mounted combat scaled, despite us not having any proper mounted foes since Gondor, but it is only now, that we find ourselves in a region where there are new mounted foes, that the non scaled mounted combat has become a problem. It was never a problem in Mordor, or any of the regions between Far Anorien and Wilderland. Having fully fledged, strong MC skills in those areas is not mounted combat. It's the opposite of what we have in Wilderland, with the advantage being on the player end. Players riding around full pelt on horses mowing down on foot mobs that cannot keep up or stay in our range - isn't mounted combat. It's one sided exploiting. The mounted foes in Wilderland have the upper hand in that at the moment.

Wilderland terrain is not suitable for MC at all. The mounted foes in the region need to be removed or have their mechanic changed.

For new areas, if they intend adding mounted foes to landscape, then yes, they need to scale up player MC to match, and make the environment suitable. But a better option would be to make optional areas within regions for it. Those that enjoy it, can then have fun with it, and those that don't like it can avoid it.

Wilderland terrain is not suitable for MC at all.
    ... In your opinion.

See, there, I fixed that sentence for you.
    Marancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf
    The Lord of the Rings Online: Community Discord | My in game image hosting: LotroShots

MoL
    No you were right, mounted combat should be forgotten about, never be seen or heard from again, ever!
    Evernight - Walred (Champ), Walmur (RK), Walbert-2 (Cappy)

I am really wondering how much players in this thread like the rubberbanding garbage of war steeds. I can't believe it.

The idea itself isn't that bad, and for Rohan Expansion it was a cool experience (though the flat region and the warbands), but since then it got worser and worser.

Doing Nazgul with everyone on the warsteed with 12 players + sometimes is a pain in the ......

I'm not seeing them to rework this stuff with that server performance we have right now.

But that is the problem, it can't be ignored. Mounted foes are acting different from normal foes. they can get so far away from target but still keep you in combat. I could do most of Rohan on foot, but there were quests that would have normally taken a minute now taking 10 due to that problem. There were also important story quests in Broadacres that required mounted combat. They can not be ignored because these quests prevent you from seeing the end of this particular story and also a continuation in the next area. Most mounted foes though stayed within range of the character skills, so it is possible to solve the problem.

I can deal better with MC when with BBs though. I can outlevel it and have an easier time and compared to BB requirements in the epic the only area I can recall really being a problem/requirement is Broadacres.

A player can play without essences (or at least, play with basic ones). They will of course be weaker but the play style doesn't change. The mechanic is still to stand in combat with a foe, despite how long it takes. Throwing in far ranging, fast mounted foes to a player that plays on foot, whether that player enjoys properly working mounted combat or not, changes the play style. The mechanic is thrown, and when the mob is charging around swiftly over great distances, the on foot player can't compete.

We already have a way to prevent dismounts. We direct all damage to ourselves via Sacrifice. Is it ideal, no, it isn't, but when not in mounted combat regions (proper ones where there are mounted foes) it works just fine. For years, some players have wanted mounted combat scaled, despite us not having any proper mounted foes since Gondor, but it is only now, that we find ourselves in a region where there are new mounted foes, that the non scaled mounted combat has become a problem. It was never a problem in Mordor, or any of the regions between Far Anorien and Wilderland. Having fully fledged, strong MC skills in those areas is not mounted combat. It's the opposite of what we have in Wilderland, with the advantage being on the player end. Players riding around full pelt on horses mowing down on foot mobs that cannot keep up or stay in our range - isn't mounted combat. It's one sided exploiting. The mounted foes in Wilderland have the upper hand in that at the moment.

Wilderland terrain is not suitable for MC at all. The mounted foes in the region need to be removed or have their mechanic changed.

For new areas, if they intend adding mounted foes to landscape, then yes, they need to scale up player MC to match, and make the environment suitable. But a better option would be to make optional areas within regions for it. Those that enjoy it, can then have fun with it, and those that don't like it can avoid it.
    You can't gear a character for Remmorchant T3 without essences, but the plot of this was to say just the same as people who want mounted combat to be optional.

The Sacrifice skill is only for medium steeds and it's not a solution to the problem, is a workaround.

You don't even need to fight a mob to be dismounted. Example: questing in Ered Lithui in Dor Amarth, mobs have shadow auras, even if the mobs are grey, they will dismount you without attacking you.

I agree that doing mounted combat vs foot mobs can be "exploiting" BUT, I would prefer THAT, to NOTHING. Let me present you some suggestions:

- Mounted combat against mounted combat enemies: YES, however, people who hate mounted combat will dislike it
    - Mounted combat against dismounted enemies: YES, and people who hate mounted combat can ignore it
    - Dismounted combat against mounted enemies: NO, annoying for everyone

That being said, with the current comments of people that can't accept that there is people who enjoy mounted combat, and they call for devs to completely ignore it, I just wish that they not only rework mounted combat, but that also, they add mounted enemies. I know it won't happen, but I wish. Because I would never enter into a thread to throw hate and call for something to be deleted that I don't like, but other people like. I could solidarize with haters of mounted combat by accepting that a rework can be done without adding mounted enemies, so such haters can ignore it, but after seeing these comments, if devs decide to add mounted enemies, I'm up to pay real money for those quest packs as support. Just, wow...

Just making horses strong without adding mounted foes, isn't proper mounted combat ---- I prefer this instead of nothing
    That's just easy mode mowing down of non mounted mobs ---- People who hate mounted combat will ignore it even if you hit harder on horse than dismounted, I'm sure of it

Quote Originally Posted by Marancil View Post
    ... In your opinion.

See, there, I fixed that sentence for you.
    Cliffs, ravines, forests. Nope, not MC terrain. Not to mention the spacing between mobs, so to perform MC properly (building up fury) there is a very high likelihood of pulling the whole landscape. Rohan - is MC-land.

Just making horses strong without adding mounted foes, isn't proper mounted combat ---- I prefer this instead of nothing
    That's just easy mode mowing down of non mounted mobs ---- People who hate mounted combat will ignore it even if you hit harder on horse than dismounted, I'm sure of it
    Exactly. It's not about mounted combat. It's about a mount being single shot because it's too weak. It's a "war steed". Heck, even regular mounts should level some. There's no excuse for riding on a road and being dismounted that easily -- in any area.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast