We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Gilrain? Where to return?

Hello LOTRO community,

I was thinking about returning to LOTRO 4 years after I left to check out the new quests and world expansion when I noticed that the server I played since 2011 doesn't exist... It's a shame but I do understand and don't have nothing against starting from scratch. I entered the Landroval server which I've played before to find out my lvl 3 character is still there! That brought me to thinking what happened to my main from Gilrain and is there any chance of returning it.
    I am interested in my old account mainly because of the collectible items I owned, but it would also be nice to have higher level champ. If I remember right I was around level 50 man champion, cleared all quests and deeds and left because the new ones were too expensive.
    Ps. I can't believe that it still isn't really f2p and ins't yet finished..

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan_9_Vrdnik View Post
    Hello LOTRO community,

I was thinking about returning to LOTRO 4 years after I left to check out the new quests and world expansion when I noticed that the server I played since 2011 doesn't exist... It's a shame but I do understand and don't have nothing against starting from scratch. I entered the Landroval server which I've played before to find out my lvl 3 character is still there! That brought me to thinking what happened to my main from Gilrain and is there any chance of returning it.
    I am interested in my old account mainly because of the collectible items I owned, but it would also be nice to have higher level champ. If I remember right I was around level 50 man champion, cleared all quests and deeds and left because the new ones were too expensive.
    Ps. I can't believe that it still isn't really f2p and ins't yet finished..
    All your old characters should still be where you left them. After starting the launcher and logging in, but before choosing a server, you should see a button labeled "Transfer" (or something like that). Click that and you should be able to move any and all characters away from the closed servers.

See https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/world-transfers for more official information about server closures and transfers.