We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Annnnnnddddd...early update.

A brand spanking new addition from another incoming server transfer, and our first CREEP Happening to boot! *does the lazy still-sitting-in-the-chair dance*
    Would you like to join the staff of The Landy Lately? Send a PM here or Quick Post Wellie.
    I can't fit all my Tortoise Stone Bearers in my sig anymore.

Updated. Caught some date errors made when rotating events to their next recurring.
    Would you like to join the staff of The Landy Lately? Send a PM here or Quick Post Wellie.

Hello. Please enter the changes in the declaration about the concert The Hope on November 1. We changed the concert area. We will play at the Festival stage Bree)) Thanks))
    All you need is HOPE...
    videos of The HOPE

Quote Originally Posted by Charnota View Post
    Hello. Please enter the changes in the declaration about the concert The Hope on November 1. We changed the concert area. We will play at the Festival stage Bree)) Thanks))
    I changed the info. Thankies for letting me know so I can keep the listing accurate.

Copper for your thoughts?

There are two things I would like to ask of those that have Happenings listed as well as those who use this list for reference:

1) I would like to know if days of the week dividers are useful to readability, or just more to scan through.
    - I inserted days of the week dividers within ongoing recurring happenings in the Past Happenings reply so folks could see both methods to compare.
    - Suggestions as to better methods would be appreciated. I admit I am concerned that leaning on color useage is not/may not be helpful for those with color blindness.

2) Do you want me to continue to upkeep this list beyond the "at least Yule" approximate end date I had originally envisioned, or should it stop as originally intended? You can let me know by: replying below; forum PM; in game via Quick Post to Gammy; or if you know my folks in game to tell directly.

- As we are drawing closer to my original planned end date for Happenings, I have been thinking about all of the kind folks who thanked me for either adding their events, or for keeping the list because they find it useful. This is why I am asking for opinions about a longer term upkeep because it seems it could be useful in the long term as well.

- Now that the list has grown to the size it is, on average it takes about 10-30 minutes per day for: my daily check of Gammy's Quick Post, updates to the OP and Past Happenings; reply to notices in thread or via PM; and bump the thread near the top of the first page of results when needed. Some days take a bit more time as I help a new listing form to the state it will be displayed. My minor hiccup is days when RL overwrote the window I had planned, and the update happens late. Yet since I rarely get same day new listing or change requests, folks can simply scan further down in the OP for that day's info since I post more than just one day at a time.

- If no one pipes in about if it should stay or go, I'll take that as a sign that it only needs to run its originally intended course, and will stop updating at a reasonable time after server transfers have been opened to all worlds as originally planned.

- If folks vote to keep it going, one change I will make will be to Past Happenings. I will no longer include recurring happenings there unless they are completed temporary recurring, or have stopped being offered altogether. This will leave more space in that reply for Annual, One Time and Temporary Recurring happenings. I will probably change the 2nd "Intent/How to get listed" post to reflect the long term intent change as well.

~~~
    Thankies in advance for anyone who takes the time to let me know their two copper on any of the above.
    Last edited by Gaming_Gal; Oct 21 2015 at 04:28 AM.

A) day of the week headings help me. It does not have to be in color to help.

B) This is the defacto "What's going on on Landroval" thread. Organized, useful, and utilized by so many good kin. You're doing a great job.
    That said, don't burn out on it either. If you can't get others to help you maintain it, (obligatory Samwise slowmo: "Share the load...") consider at least a break for Yule.

Hugs for all your work!
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ffff00][FONT=comic sans ms]Olly[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

I should take the time to tell everyone that Bright Star will be moving it's concert for this week to the Abandoned Grave Yard north of Bree for their Halloween concert.

A clarification for newly arrived Landrovians who have left their old worlds:

I have been told that some new arrivals were misinformed that this thread is only for long standing Landy folks to tell the new Landy folks what they offer.

To put it simply: this is not the case.

If you are new here and would like to hold Happenings that fit the guidelines in the second post on this thread, please do let me know so I can help spread the word about them. We already have some newly arrived Landrovians who have done so. Whether one is an onion belt Landrovians, or a newly arrived greenie--their Happenings are welcome here.

[For the record, I am not concerned about why or whom confused folk. I feel that by stating clearly my intent since I'm the one upkeeping, is all that needs happen to settle matters. There is just as good a chance it could have been a misunderstanding derived from the "welcome" aspect of this thread as it could be someone with notions of disruption--I prefer to think it's the former.]

Quote Originally Posted by tejj View Post
    A) day of the week headings help me. It does not have to be in color to help.

B) This is the defacto "What's going on on Landroval" thread. Organized, useful, and utilized by so many good kin. You're doing a great job.
    That said, don't burn out on it either. If you can't get others to help you maintain it, (obligatory Samwise slowmo: "Share the load...") consider at least a break for Yule.

Hugs for all your work!
    Thankies for your feedback. Based and yours and others' in game, it seems I will be adding the days of the week markers next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlor View Post
    I should take the time to tell everyone that Bright Star will be moving it's concert for this week to the Abandoned Grave Yard north of Bree for their Halloween concert.
    I noted the change. Thankies for letting me know so I don't direct folk to the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaming_Gal
    Whether one is an onion belt Landrovians, or a newly arrived greenie

We can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Give me five bees for a quarter," you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

Added another Halloween concert on the 31st, as well as changed the location of the Music Academy's Graduation Concert that day to the Haunted Burrows.

If anyone says they're bored on Saturday, tell em then they should step outta' their house alreadies. Eight Happenings starting at 9am and ending at midnight--adventure or music based--so no excuses there either.

I have heard that Horrorfest is happening on Friday the 30th this year, but still have not been able to get details about such. I have reached out to someone who may have some info, and will post it up if I get some confirmed information. If you are involved or know someone who is--please help that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlor View Post
    We can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Give me five bees for a quarter," you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
    Reading this made a good day even better.

NWB will now be performing at 6am /servertime with the daylight savings changes around the place, until next year when the clocks change again.

Also, information about Horrorfest can be found at Lotro Artists
    ~The wind is full of a thousand voices~

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonMists View Post
    NWB will now be performing at 6am /servertime with the daylight savings changes around the place, until next year when the clocks change again.

Also, information about Horrorfest can be found at Lotro Artists
    Made the change for NWB, added a listing for Horrorfest with a link to the thread on this subforum. Thankies for sharing your Happenings!

Rotated events, updating early as tomorrow is going to be busy.

Friday and Saturday, and possibly Sunday will also be early update days for the same reason.

If you are holding a Happening that you would like listed in the OP, please look at the 2nd post of this thread to see what info I need from you for a complete listing.

As always, thankies to everyone who offers Happenings.

14. Greetings and thank you for this wonderful events post. It is much appreciated and very helpful!
    Slight correction for one event, please:
    Ales and Tales on Monday, November 9th, will be on the East Porch of the Last Homely house in Rivendell.
    Thank you!
    The Lonely Mountain Band
    :: Lhinnthel :: Laerelwen :: Wrenlhin :: Avlina :: Briare :: Iaroel... and many more (=
    Far Apart, Never Alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Fayarra View Post
    Greetings and thank you for this wonderful events post. It is much appreciated and very helpful!
    Slight correction for one event, please:
    Ales and Tales on Monday, November 9th, will be on the East Porch of the Last Homely house in Rivendell.
    Thank you!
    Ah. I forgot to change it when I rotated. Thankies for the catch!

Two happenings added.

If you have a Happening you would like to see posted here, either reply below or send Gammy a Quick Post.

If you have a Happening planned for Landroval, please do me the favor of replying below or sending Gammy a Quick Post with the details so I can add it. I know the folks who run such events often have too few hands to have one dedicated to informing all the possible outlets of their event, but it's a lot easier for me to both maintain this list as well as doing so accurately when I'm not working from rumors or needing to hunt folks down when I hear word of something.

~~~
    As we have passed yet another monthly anniversary for Happenings, I'm still weighing in on what folks have said as to keeping this list around long term as well as what I might be able to realistically do over the long haul--especially given a new button one of my folk will be inheriting soon.

I've not yet decided, though I am leaning towards giving it a go for the longer haul. Worse comes to worse, I'll have to regretfully call it quits, and some folk will say "See? I knew it couldn't last."

One thing I may do is politely request for a certain amount of prior notice for Happenings. This might help on the days when I'm super pressed to have that open 20 minute window to be on a computer and focused so I don't mangle things as I do updates. As a night owl, it seems when I update just before my pumpkin time works best for me. I may be shifting the update per day timeframe to before dawn of that day as a result. Time will tell.

Either way, I'll definitely decide by Yule.

Thankies to the folks who took the time to reply here or in game to give me their two copper. I greatly appreciate both your thoughts, and that you gave me a bit of your time for such.

If you get the chance would you be willing to add this event to the listing?

Saturday, November 14th 6-8pm server time: The Landroval Veterans council is hosting a "Welcome to Landroval" event in the Bowing neighborhood of the Bree-land homesteads. We have music, door prizes, market day, horse races, trivia and a tour of the Courserrim neighbour hood. All are welcome.

Reileth of Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Jane66 View Post
    If you get the chance would you be willing to add this event to the listing?

Saturday, November 14th 6-8pm server time: The Landroval Veterans council is hosting a "Welcome to Landroval" event in the Bowing neighborhood of the Bree-land homesteads. We have music, door prizes, market day, horse races, trivia and a tour of the Courserrim neighbour hood. All are welcome.
    Added. Thankies for adding your Happening.

many thanks

This post is one of the single biggest reasons why I left my kinship behind on my sunsetting server, and became a Landy. It is hugely useful.

Firstly, sorries for not rotating this weekend. One of my folk got a button of Chiefly proportions, and the weekend was a bit of a blur. (I blame the keg.)

Secondly, to ward off any potential nay sayers who saw the Turkey Delivery event added today--turkey is the common name for a variety known to others as the Orange Wyandotte Chicken. Let's be honest, turkey is a lot less a mouthful than the fussy formal name, really.

img credit: lotro-wiki

Quote Originally Posted by schrodingerskatz View Post
    This post is one of the single biggest reasons why I left my kinship behind on my sunsetting server, and became a Landy. It is hugely useful.
    Happy to hear you've found Landy a fine place to be. Most kind of you to take the time, and thankies for letting me know.

I have another event for you please:

"Rock your Holidays! Join DisEnchanted and P.I.E. on Wednesday Dec. 2 for a concert at the Bree Park, 8:30 PM"

Thank you so much
    Reileth of Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Jane66 View Post
    I have another event for you please:

"Rock your Holidays! Join DisEnchanted and P.I.E. on Wednesday Dec. 2 for a concert at the Bree Park, 8:30 PM"

Thank you so much
    Added! Thankies for sharing your Happening.

Rotated, and added three Happenings, two of which are in January.

Well, it's official. I've thought about it, and I'm going to try to keep this list going for as long as I am able.

I updated the 2nd post to reflect the shift from "here's what's happening, future transfers" to "happenings for everyone", as well as made some minor tweaks from lessons learned along the way so far. I also added a brief history in case someone finds it useful down the line. (Don't laugh! It could happen!)

One thing I completely had not realized until I was writing up the history was that we are now averaging over 40 Happenings at any given time. This is in part due to the folks who left their shadowing worlds behind and are now becoming Landy folks as well. Who knows? With more worlds still to close, and me getting closer to finding the contact info for a few longstanding bands, we might even hit... 50!

As always, thankies t' everyone who plans and runs the Happenings. This list wouldn't exist without ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaming_Gal View Post
    Rotated, and added three Happenings, two of which are in January.

Well, it's official. I've thought about it, and I'm going to try to keep this list going for as long as I am able.

I updated the 2nd post to reflect the shift from "here's what's happening, future transfers" to "happenings for everyone", as well as made some minor tweaks from lessons learned along the way so far. I also added a brief history in case someone finds it useful down the line. (Don't laugh! It could happen!)

One thing I completely had not realized until I was writing up the history was that we are now averaging over 40 Happenings at any given time. This is in part due to the folks who left their shadowing worlds behind and are now becoming Landy folks as well. Who knows? With more worlds still to close, and me getting closer to finding the contact info for a few longstanding bands, we might even hit... 50!

As always, thankies t' everyone who plans and runs the Happenings. This list wouldn't exist without ya!
    Interested in hosting a battle of the bands event at my kin house stage. Sent you a PM with some details and questions.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast