Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Seite 2 von 3 ErsteErste 1 2 3 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 26 bis 50 von 64

Re: Feedback: New Player Tips for Wardens

The single most important thing you can do to improve your skill and enjoyment with the warden class is to read the Helpful Links & Threads STOP HERE FIRST -Sticky!!!!!!
    Geändert von Feraxks (25.08.2010 um 18:06 Uhr)
    I like ice cream.

Unhappy Re: Feedback: New Player Tips for Wardens

Zitat Zitat von kermie-lee Beitrag anzeigen
    What a great thread! The warden community is the best, of that I've no doubt. They've helped me on more occasions than I can count. Anyhoo, here's the first tip that came to mind...

Get your gambit class deeds done as quickly as possible. Throw 3 to 4 of those deeds up on your quest tracker bar, and while you're questing and killing mobs make sure to specifically focus on those particular gambits. Once the blue deed bar turns yellow for the day, swap them out for some others. The sooner you get those done, the sooner you'll have access to some pretty cool class traits... and you don't want to be stuck in your 50s or even 60s trying to get them done.
    Let me state LISTEN to this advice.
    If your a tad lazy (aye, like me) you don't need these gambit deeds for 30s, 40s, 50s, even early 60s...
    Oh you'll get SOME by chance for sure... but by end game you'll want most all of them...
    The Raids, L65 story line, soloing Classic Skirms, etc will demand them.

And going back at L65 to do this is one royal pain.
    I even had to procure a ****** spear to drag the fights out long enough to get credit.

I wish like crazy I had heeded this advice growing up my warden.

Jammer

Zitat Zitat von Big_H Beitrag anzeigen
    ^^ that's a great one to know. Learn the basic patterns and it makes the gambit system so much easier.

Set up your keyboard for easy and fast gambit use. Find a layout that works for you and learn it.
    For example I've bound two of my Masteries to my R and F keys (with shift variants), so I've got a nice easily reachable builder arc.
    I am new to the warden class and I have been reading the forums about binding gambits to the keyboard could someone go into details about what that is all about and how and why to do it? I currently have a level 37 warden.
    "To Master Knowledge is to Know Death"

Zitat Zitat von Lasticus Beitrag anzeigen
    I am new to the warden class and I have been reading the forums about binding gambits to the keyboard could someone go into details about what that is all about and how and why to do it? I currently have a level 37 warden.
    You can't bind specific gambits unless you use some external program/hardware set up (maybe with the Lua scripts now too, I don't know). There are a few programs I've heard people mention which allow custom Macros, however, I'm not sure how legal those are under the Turbine ToS. Then there are things like the G15 (?) keyboard from Logitech that have some macro functionality built in.
    I don't use any of that stuff though.

What I was specifically talking about in my post is remapping the keyboard through the Key Mapping pane of the Options Menu. [Esc>Options>Key Mapping]
    So for example I have my 5th Quickslot bar completely remapped and loaded with my Masteries* and Gambit Reset buttons. Then under the Key Mapping window I remap the slots to be things like 'R' and 'F', and 'Shift R' and 'Shift F' etc. I use the 5th Quickslot for this because the Key Mapping config is account wide, so if I just remapped my main Quickslot bar it would mess up all my other classes, as it is all my other classes had to modify their Quickslots a little to fit my Warden's setup.

When I log in the game here shortly, I'll see if I can get some screenshots to make this clearer.

Edit:
    *Regarding Masteries: You won't start the Class Deeds for these until level 45-ish (Spear) and 50-ish (Shield and Fist), so you don't have these skills yet. But basically they add two Gambit Builders to the window with one button click.

So here's my current set up, it's a little weird, which is why I said find one that works for you

Pink are my movement keys.

The very top most bar is Quickslot Bar #5 and is shoved at the top of my screen above my map.
    Slot #1 is my Gambit Execute and is bound to my side mouse button.
    Slot #2 is my Clear Gambit and is bound to my 2nd side mouse button.
    Slots #5-9 are my Masteries and are bound to my Shift-5 (Spear+Fist), R (Shield Mastery), and F (Fist Mastery).

On my Default Quickslot Bar #2, 3, 4 are my Gambit Builders.
    I still have my Gambit Execute and my Masteries on my number line though, both to monitor cool downs and in case I'm feeling lazy and just want to mouse click stuff

Most people tend to used the Alt and Ctrl keys to access the various quickslot bars, and so build upwards (1=Spear, Shift+1=Spear+Shield Mastery, etc), but this "arc" makes more sense to me.
    As for your question of 'why', it's mostly for speed. Binding skills to the keyboard makes things faster than if you have to click things with the mouse. Plus with a class like the Warden, where most everything is dependent on memory, I've found it easier to remember gambits when they're key strokes rather than mouse clicks, muscle memory or what have you.

Did that answer your questions?
    Geändert von Big_H (07.10.2010 um 19:48 Uhr)
    Level 65 Hunter // Level 65 Warden // Level 65 Captain // Level 65 Lore Master // Level 65 Champion
    Level 65 Minstrel // Level 65 Burglar // Level 65 Rune Keeper // Level 50 Guardian
    Ongbúrz Tracker says, "Stop hittin' me, you slug!"

This should be required reading for anyone who wants to properly fulfill their role in a group:
    http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/A_Bas...or_Fellowships

You can't bind specific gambits unless you use some external program/hardware set up (maybe with the Lua scripts now too, I don't know). There are a few programs I've heard people mention which allow custom Macros, however, I'm not sure how legal those are under the Turbine ToS. Then there are things like the G15 (?) keyboard from Logitech that have some macro functionality built in.

What I was specifically talking about in my post is remapping the keyboard through the Key Mapping pane of the Options Menu. [Esc>Options>Key Mapping]
    So for example I have my 5th Quickslot bar completely remapped and loaded with my Masteries* and Gambit Reset buttons. Then under the Key Mapping window I remap the slots to be things like 'R' and 'F', and 'Shift R' and 'Shift F' etc. I use the 5th Quickslot for this because the Key Mapping config is account wide, so if I just remapped my main Quickslot bar it would mess up all my other classes, as it is all my other classes had to modify their Quickslots a little to fit my Warden's setup.

When I log in the game here shortly, I'll see if I can get some screenshots to make this clearer.

Edit:
    *Regarding Masteries: You won't start the Class Deeds for these until level 45-ish (Spear) and 50-ish (Shield and Fist), so you don't have these skills yet. But basically they add two Gambit Builders to the window with one button click.

So here's my current set up, it's a little weird, which is why I said find one that works for you

The very top most bar is Quickslot Bar #5 and is shoved at the top of my screen above my map.
    Slots #5-9 are my Masteries and are bound to my Shift-5 (Spear+Fist), R (Shield Mastery), and F (Fist Mastery).

I still have my Gambit Execute and my Masteries on my number line though, both to monitor cool downs and in case I'm feeling lazy and just want to mouse click stuff

Most people tend to used the Alt and Ctrl keys to access the various quickslot bars, and so build upwards (1=Spear, Shift+1=Spear+Shield Mastery, etc), but this "arc" makes more sense to me.
    As for your question of 'why', it's mostly for speed. Binding skills to the keyboard makes things faster than if you have to click things with the mouse. Plus with a class like the Warden, where most everything is dependent on memory, I've found it easier to remember gambits when they're key strokes rather than mouse clicks, muscle memory or what have you.

Yes, it does thank you!
    "To Master Knowledge is to Know Death"

Learn to group well early on, it may take while to get the hang of how the warden is such an effective tank. Explain to your mates; you build aggro over time, and ask them to let you pull off a move or two before they jump in, guns blazing. You will chronically suffer from champs and hunters PEW PEWing away, making life harder for you and the group, but don't get discouraged.

You can Kank if need be (Kite and Tank) with your warden as well. A few crippling javelin strikes, self-heal then run until they are back up. Rinse-Wash-Repeat. I love the javelin skills, they can do a solid job softening up enemies before they even get near you.

All classes have power issues. I like chasing Willpower with my armour and bling. Virtues can help a lot too. Those extra 100 moral points won't seem as cool when you are out of power and a pot is on cool down. There's nothing worse than losing aggro and watching your group wipe cause you wanted your warden's numbers to look impressive.

I can say a lot of things about the warden class, but the best is, without us, there wouldnt be too many free player controlled areas, and if we all stick together, we cant die. And always keep an eye on ur power, very easy to burn out if ur killing mobs.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000416878/signature.png]Orckillerone[/charsig]

Anyone can stick we with a javelin later, but know what what strength and number of mobs you can handle. There is nothing worse then going into a room saying you can handle it and failing. You will find you can handle a lot with decent RK or LM.

Second make sure your fellowship understands how you work for agro. I have been in several parties where the healer will begin spamming heals as soon as you start or a hunter will spam DPS after your first attack.

And as has been said before. power power power. without it you are dead.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000044c4e/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Are there rocks up ahead? if so we will soon be dead.

you should be an elf
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000002f91e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

When playing instances where you have a daily like 'don't kill <insert here foe you must not kill>', remember that some leeches and fist gambits have AoE DoT... using them may cause the fail of the daily. Ex.: Ivar's banner wights can't be killed.

Zitat Zitat von TarjaTeer Beitrag anzeigen
    you should be an elf
    Elf is worst class, do Man

Zitat Zitat von Frelorn Beitrag anzeigen
    Over the next few weeks we will be focusing on the classes in our Tell the Community Team threads. In keeping with that theme, we want your help. If you could give one tip to a new player about playing the Warden class, what would it be?

whell the warden is tank he dun´t do so mutch demits beckos he is all the time wering a shild witch mein he can all the time block dusen´t mater what you skild on read blue or yellow so I play him on blu backos i lake the defans there and the self healing gambits are over time so he is lake tank for multey aney me it easey for you to kip 10 on you with out deing but you have to do this coragte lake using wor cray and exultation of battle to hold and gate you agro and ofcors you can use convicton to lover your frand agro and then use resolution to heal you self to healp the healer.

but for singel target use wages of fear in bagning and the precise blow and surty of death and some healing and block skild and convicton maney big hits worke good.

but if you dead in the boss fheit and gate battel rest it no cheins for you to gate agro on your ovne dusen´t worke lake that evre 1 in the grp have to give you the agro lake the burgler can give you all his agro waffi can give you some agro but jäger onle give agro to the grp and if healer gate the agro he shut fake death.

Zitat Zitat von GoldKoron Beitrag anzeigen
    Elf is worst class, do Man
    Man is most boring, do Hobbit
    [CENTER][SIZE="4"]♔[/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]-----------------------------------------------------------
    Tarkrîp Chief says, ''I'll have your heart.''
    -----------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER]

The number one thing I wish I had been told is be a MAN. I went for a Hobbit and didn't realize until lvl 55 that I would be missing out on an extra 5% incoming healing (which goes above the level cap). I read lots of posts about how at end game the differences between classes were negligible but trust me - they aren't for Wardens!

Zitat Zitat von Wilksie Beitrag anzeigen
    The number one thing I wish I had been told is be a MAN. I went for a Hobbit and didn't realize until lvl 55 that I would be missing out on an extra 5% incoming healing (which goes above the level cap). I read lots of posts about how at end game the differences between classes were negligible but trust me - they aren't for Wardens!
    I disagree 5% is not enough to worry about IMO:-

Lets say you get a 3k heal - its only 150 more morale, that is not game breaking at all and has not stopped me doing anything in game.

I play hobbit because they feel more fun to play
    EU Forum Handle: Bailey
    Warden

Great stuff in this thread.... I started a Warden last night and all of this information is very useful.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000407562/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Here's my tip: I went for 45 levels without reading the warden board, and have wondered why I was failing at what is supposed to be an almost self-sufficient class. Oh sure, I made it to undying, probably by sheer luck, but after that, things kinda went downhill. A lot of stuff on this board is very helpful, and I would suggest reading it from level one, even if you have no idea what most of these people are saying. It will make sense later on.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000a7c03/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    If I froze the ground beneath your feet would you complain that I ported you to Forochel in the middle of the fight? ~Jeedai

My biggest tip for a new warden is be prepared to be insulted by strangers. There are alot of people out there who consider wardens to be worthless and are not shy about telling you. This is slightly less common then it used to be as more people group with the better wardens but you should know it going in.

Hi i have a warden lev 75 and its just a shame its geared well full draig set good jewelry and its tanking for biscuits!
    its such a bad class now turbine better gave it away for free and dont ask TP for it i played it before the update on 65 it was great now its just bad i know my skils and class but my champ is 1000 times better then warden .
    today i tryed acid wing and a warden is like putting a piece of paper to in a fire place its just bad i leave my warden like it is now and dont tuch it again .
    my tip is leave it and dont play it and dont spend tp on the class until they reset it to the level it was before ROI.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b225000000055e16/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

new to wardens and game

i recently downloaded lotro and bought the warden class right away. im doing decent im at level 15 and learned weapon smithing and can make decent cash. but i hear all this talk about tanking a warden, can someone explain how to tank this class?

Well heals do make threat but your yells and their gambits are better

the person with highest threat is the one attcked so to build your threat you use you fist gambits. Heals do make threat but other healers do more healing and that would be hard to do so use your fist move to get threat.

Edit:

After getting my masteries I was a bit overwhelmed, and figured out mapping them efficiently would be best. Luckily, I have two buttons on my mouse where my thumb is, so I mapped one row to use one button + # (ie Button 4 + 1,2,3 etc) and the other button for the row above (Button 5 + 1,2,3 etc). Actually it doesn't really matter where you place the shortcuts, as long as you can map them efficiently. Personally, I figured physically placing them in the appropriate rows -- spear above spear, shield above shield, fist above fist -- makes sense but really do whatever makes most sense to you, as long as you are comfortable with it.

And heck, if you're a clicker, make sure you can click them efficiently :P (I know some people have to click, hands get stiff with arthritis etc).

Zitat Zitat von LagunaD Beitrag anzeigen
    Learn to love Precise Blow; it is your best single-target threat gambit.

OKay, so I looked it up and have a question I've been dying to ask. If you look at the Precise Blow under Assailment here:

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Precise_Blow

It has the fist and the spear pointing to the left. What is that speark pointing to the left? It's not one of my icons? I see it all over, but still haven't figured out what it is and how to get it. Can someone explain please?
    Kazren Altaholic Extrodinaire
    8 Level 140 Characters, mostly Arkenstone with Colonies on Elendilmir, Landroval, Crickhollow and Brandywine

Seite 2 von 3 ErsteErste 1 2 3 LetzteLetzte