Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Seite 4 von 109 ErsteErste 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 76 bis 100 von 2705

Re: The Riddle-Game

Zitat Zitat von BeezerForum Beitrag anzeigen
    Gotta be fireworks?
    Aye. Happy holidays, to any US Elendilmirians. And the rest of the LOTRO world, too
    Geändert von renowiggum (03.07.2007 um 15:14 Uhr) Grund: Becoming more Inclusive
    Server: Elendilmir
    Illiena, 65 Burglar -- Wharton, 65 Warden -- Ulrandir, 65 Captain -- Sinfiladan, 65 Hunter
    Iorana, 65 Loremaster -- Roin, 65 Minstrel -- Gibbo, 55 Guardian -- Khazin, 51 RK -- Khazat, 34 Champion

Nm

When resting, I am helpless.
    When startled, I explode.
    Confusion, noise, and escape,
    Are the only defenses I hold.

Side note:
    I am not a Tolkien fan, nor know much about ME, so I couldn't really do anything 'lore' specific. So I started thinking about the game, and my favorite parts of the game... specific items, events, concepts... and this riddle came to me. As some people have stated previously, many apologies if this is overly simple, or overly vague... once you start thinking about a riddle and then creating one, it's hard to judge it effectively.

Hope everyone had a happy 4th!

A Guardian? I only thought about it for a minute so its most likely wrong.
    [size=1]Bailo FoolTook, Hobbit Burglar ~ Karzuk, Dwarf Minstrel (Elendilmir)
    Freddrick, Hobbit Minstrel ~ Rickman, Human Lore-Master (Landroval)[/size]
    [size=1]The wandering Hobbit of Elendilmir[/size]

Nope not a Guardian, but good guess. However, you forgot, a guardian also has the defences of evade, parry, and block!

Loremaster! Brilliant Flash! Burning Embers! Run Away!
    Illiena, 65 Burglar -- Wharton, 65 Warden -- Ulrandir, 65 Captain -- Sinfiladan, 65 Hunter
    Iorana, 65 Loremaster -- Roin, 65 Minstrel -- Gibbo, 55 Guardian -- Khazin, 51 RK -- Khazat, 34 Champion

Nope, not a Loremaster.

Looking at the number of guesses, I will make a guess and say that my riddle was a poor one. If the OP wants me to announce the answer so we can move on, I certainly will.

Could it possibly be a Burglar? Tell me if I'm even close.
    [size=1]Bailo FoolTook, Hobbit Burglar ~ Karzuk, Dwarf Minstrel (Elendilmir)
    Freddrick, Hobbit Minstrel ~ Rickman, Human Lore-Master (Landroval)[/size]
    [size=1]The wandering Hobbit of Elendilmir[/size]

No, I'm sorry, it is not a burglar.

I guess it was just a terrible riddle - everyone kept guessing classes, so I guess it was misleading. The idea came to me - when I remembered how it is cool when you are walking through the game, there are so many awesome effects... the sun flare on your screen, the outline of a far off Weathertop, ruins with detailed carvings, MOBs who stop to look at the view and scratch and stretch, etc... and I remembered seeing how flocks of birds often fly off. The answer to my riddle is A flock of birds. Sorry for all the confusion. I realize the "I" in the riddle is misleading... but aren't riddles sometimes misleading, sometimes causing you think outside the box? 'I' refers to the flock, as a group, and not a single bird. It refers to a flock of birds being helpless on the ground, when startled they fly off (and it looks like an explosion), they make lots of noise, fly in different directions and scatter when they escape...

When resting, I am helpless.
    When startled, I explode.
    Confusion, noise, and escape,
    Are the only defenses I hold.

Don't worry - it wasn't a bad riddle. I think we were all just unsure where to start, so we started with "What I like about the game..." No apologies necessary!

I'll try and give a kick-start:

In death I am born
    My spined armor at last unfurled
    That I may stand
    And reach for sky in earth of night.

Zitat Zitat von renowiggum Beitrag anzeigen
    I'll try and give a kick-start:

In death I am born
    My spined armor at last unfurled
    That I may stand
    And reach for sky in earth of night.
    A wight from the grave?

An interesting guess, but no.

A hint: The death and the earth of night are a forest fire (the fire causes death and scorches the earth black)

Smoke, perhaps? If I am correct, I'll try and write a riddle...

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Is there some type of insect that emerges only after forest fires?
    Primary: Tirigifu of Rohan, female human burglar/yeoman; Alt 1: Tiriadoc Brandybuck, male hobbit minstrel/historian; Alt 2: Tirialataire, female elf lore master/explorer .

How about a cactus or other thorny plant?
    Primary: Tirigifu of Rohan, female human burglar/yeoman; Alt 1: Tiriadoc Brandybuck, male hobbit minstrel/historian; Alt 2: Tirialataire, female elf lore master/explorer .

Zitat Zitat von FreePeoplesUnite2 Beitrag anzeigen
    How about a cactus or other thorny plant?
    Close enough. Certain types of pine cones open (and release their seeds) in response to the heat of a forest fire. This is one of those pine trees.

The good wife knew the answer right away. I think people good at crossword puzzles must be good at these.

Here's a new one:
    If you mistook me for a pillow,
    Your hair would need a scrub.
    Berried or meaty cousins are mine.
    What am I?

(I don't write riddles much, but it's a skill I've always admired.)
    Geändert von FreePeoplesUnite2 (13.07.2007 um 11:58 Uhr)

Im not that great at riddles =) im going to go waaaay out on a limb and guess poison ivy =).

I am going to guess Pie!!!

Well, pies are the cousins. Maybe this wasn't well-enough written...

cake? lol wow thats funny how far off i was with my first guess =).
    Its your choice. You can be grateful, kind, and curious or you can be grumpy, mean, and stupid.

You got it!
    Now write us an easy one; I have another to try on y'all if I can get another one right....

hmm... well im not that great but i'll give it a try =) apologies if its terrible =).
    With it the starving are full
    With it the greedy are content
    Of it the ignorant have full knowledge,
    and if you eat it, your days will soon be spent.
    Its your choice. You can be grateful, kind, and curious or you can be grumpy, mean, and stupid.

Seite 4 von 109 ErsteErste 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LetzteLetzte